Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Conga

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm

I spent probably too long on the computer this morning and early afternoon but there was another problem to solve. Last night someone asked to join the FB page for the building and I said yes. They then asked if someone with the name of our super lived there. The super's wife is on the page so I waited for her to respond. This morning someone else had said yes. By then warning bells were going off so I asked her if I should delete the post. Still no word from her so I did delete it and I deleted the person asking.

At that point, the person asked to PM me and gave me a song and dance about how it was legit, it was our super's daughter looking to contact her father. I countered that if it was legit, his daughter would know where her father lived. That was all I said but this person then gave all sorts of proof and said she'd moved back to the area and wanted to be in touch. I said nothing at all but copied the conversation and sent it to the wife (the super is not on the computer at all.)

Turns out they are really estranged and so he's had to go to the office and ask that the staff not let the person onto the property (that's easy because we do have security) and the staff are to say he no longer works here if anyone calls for him. The super is looking into a restraining order.

He and his wife came by the apartment tonight to say he knew she'd come back at some point and it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't feel bad. They also wanted to make sure I was OK. We ended up going out for dinner together and had a lovely time out.

I did spent 2.5 hours in bed this afternoon giving my head a rest. I'm still 'thick' but that's about it. Aside from the neck, I'm not sore at all.

I need to make up a poster now and get that up. Walking around to the buildings will be my walk for the day. I'll be surprised if I get over 2500 steps for the day but I do need to walk off my dinner a bit!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 pm

I am taking a break before making another push to finish up the day. Being out in the heat for hours drains my energy and gave me a headache. I walked 2 miles plus stood in the hot heat (100+F) and full sunshine. On the positive side, I had a good time and enjoyed everything except for the heat.

DS10 first time driving go-cart in a parade was a success. We were very pleased with the way he handled everything.

This evening DGS21 and I ate out at Thai restaurant with the challenge to do it without eating sugar or flour. It turned out to be a bigger challange than we thought because we were unfamiliar with what sauces had sugar in them. One of the dishes we ordered had a curry sauce that we think might have sugar as an ingredient but it was the minimum amount. The flour was easy to dodge. DGS21 had rice as the carb and I had grilled eggplant. IMHO, it is so much easier to cook and eat at home so I know the ingredients. I am becoming picky about what I eat. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad trend.

DS10 has 2 friends here playing. I just ordered pizzas for them to eat.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:49 pm

I cooked some stuff ahead so I do not have to this weekend so much.
Walked ddog then had a low then ate cheesecake. :mrgreen:
Worked on house planning w hubby.
I need to water some in back still.
Laundry is current.

Return to “Post When You Can”