1 Sept Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

1 Sept Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:34 am

First day of September and Saturday of a long weekend! We have time to relax, time to regroup, reassess and plan, and time to spend with our families and loved ones.

What will fill your 1 September?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: 1 Sept Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 am

Good Morning Twins! Thanks for the start today.

This morning I have been outside for over 2 hours doing gardening and pool tasks. While doing those I also watched DGD7 swim for about an hour.

Early this morning DH and I had time alone to talk. We kinda surprised each other by agreeing to offer to DGS21 our extra bathroom and bedroom that has a separate entrance to come and go. DGS21 has been asking to move in with us forever. I had been reluctant to allow it but something changed my mind and gave me a different perspective yesterday. I don't even want to think about what our home will be with SIX dogs. So I'm not going to think about it. Just focus on the WHY we are choosing to do this. DGS21 might not accept once we discuss the expectations. We will see how it plays out.

Today I'll have 3 Grandkids here. Tonight we are having a family reunion for my maternal extended family. Not to be confused with the family reunion we are having on Monday for my paternal extended family. This weekend is all about family it seems.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:49 am

I started to post a minute ago and then saw that y’all were here so I decided to wait — good morning, Twins and LadyM, and all to come.

Football. Football will fill my Saturday. We are on the road now.

Hope you all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 am

Still moving slowly here so have one important task, take school supplies to refugee family #1.

I'm not more sore than usual today (except for neck) so that is a blessing. Doing stretches multiple times after the accident and the hot shower plus lots of ibuprofen and heat seems to have help me avoid extreme pain today, 48 hours after. Woot! It was worth seeing the paramedics just for the advise she gave me to heal more quickly.

My neck is still stiff, my head feels numb until I touch the bump, then it hurts. There's a slight pressure all the time. Haven't taken any pills since last night so will do so shortly. I can now tilt my head up and back without getting dizzy and same with side to side so I think I can drive (I was worried about shoulder checks.) It is only 2 miles for my errand and I'll add a second errand about 3 miles away if the first goes well. Or bring dh with me but still drive the first part to make sure I can drive without him.

I've updated my computer this morning and ran some scans for routine cleaning and am working on file organization as well. I tend to dump files on my desk top and it was really messy so I cleaned it up. Email in-box is still a mess, though.

Next up: breakfast and then s2s. I'm terrified of the pain washing my hair but it must be done.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:15 am

LucyLee- Safe Travels! Enjoy your day cheering for your favorite team!

Kathryn - I am glad to hear your body is healing with no major problems.

Our area seem to do a good job with getting school supplies (free) into the hands of children and also stocking the teacher's supply cabinets. Free clothes are also available in multiple clothes closets. One thing that was needed this past week was underwear for children. I ordered random children sizes of underwear and socks from A-river and had them delivered to those who know the need. I trust they got the underwear/socks passed out to the children that were doing without.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:23 am

Stay safe, Kathryn. Actually dh took the car to go our town (about 10 miles) to go to the fire department to sign up for their steak/corn roast. It's his first time driving in over a month. Dr. told him Thursday he could start driving in safer places -probably not expressway & city driving yet. Makes me a little nervous. Your accident sounded terribly....well....just plain awful! Heal fast, friend.

We nearly had a big run in with a deer and a bicyclist when I was taking dh to PT Thursday. Don't know how we both missed the deer and me the bicyclist.

Seems to have filled up here at the campground -one last big hurrah I'm thinking. We've been invited to a birthday party (very small one) for our dgs6 this afternoon. DDIL stressed repeatedly that we didn't have to come. I'm thinking we may take her up on that as I'm recovering from last night's migraine. Can't believe how it makes me feel several hours later. We were sitting out by our neighbor's campfire last night when it started. Took more tylenol when I came in. Never got up till 9am this morning. But of course dh has been fussing over me worrying I'm not "okay". I'm just moving very slowly and recuping.

Meant to come here and wish Mr & Mrs Twins a Happy Anniversary yesterday. Sorry, Twins but consider this a continued wish.

A great plan, LadyM! Speaking of 'school' it reminds me that dd said she had her final "year end" evaluation yesterday. Woohoo!!!! She once again qualifies for the bonus for having all 'highly effective' ratings all year. Last year she received over $6,000 for this -helps make up just a little for the very poor teachers' pay in FL, particularly in her county. She should get that bonus sometime around March/April.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 am

I've walked dog and started lists for the day. We are having family over here tonight - my d favorite cousin J and her family of three grown kids, plus as many spouses and children as can come. I think there are only two spouses and no children - their kids are all high school, college or one beyond, some some and one doesn't live here. But we'll see. That would be ten of us I think, my kids will be here but dd has to leave early for an event at temple.

The big things for today are a grocery store run and some house spiffing/decluttering. I also have fresh basil that I need to spin in the food processor with olive oil and store for the winter. I have a "honey do" list for dh - he will be away next Saturday when I'll be prepping for Rosh Hashanah on Sept 10 so we'll get a head start this weekend.

-brush teeth and wash up
-make the bed
-head out to grocery

Thank you for the anniversary wishes for yesterday, Dee. I had a quiet day here and we had a very nice dinner out last night to celebrate 33 years.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 am

Good morning, villagers ~
What an oddball week I've had. Interruptions with everything I tried to do.

I had high hopes for getting stuff done around this house this long weekend. I'm even taking an extended weekend in that I chose not to ask to make up the lost hours from Monday. I don't get holiday pay so the paycheck will be short, but it will be worth it to have the blocks of decluttering and cleaning time. I have a meeting Wednesday evening and go back to work Thursday, but until then my time is my own. 8-)

I meant to jump right in my sewing/craft room declutter project first thing this morning but got sidetracked by noticing that the phone isn't working, no dial tone at all. We had storms all night and I was afraid that something happened to the physical line. Luckily my cell phone was charged and I could use it to call tech service for the land line number. While I was on hold (hold hold hold), I discovered that the internet is working fine and I could have done some online troubleshooting rather than waiting on hold (hold hold hold), but by that time a real person spoke up and I had a nice conversation with him. According to his test, we have a phone off the hook. I'm waiting for DH to return because I know he has an extension down in his mancave but I don't know where it is because he has everything buried down there. I want him to check his phone before I go to the trouble of crawling under my desk to check the wall jack to my hard-wired phone.

The weird thing about this is that I expected to wake up to no electricity since we had bad storms roll through all night. The landline has always been my safety net with our frequent power outages. So strange to have that flipped. I shouldn't speak too soon, though, as the weather forecast is predicting storms every day until Friday, which is as far out as the website shows. Yuck.

Anyway, I've done as much as I can for the phone so far. Need to reset and start the morning over. I need breakfast and coffee before I do anything else. Aaaaand the sky is getting dark for another storm, oh joy.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:23 am

Oh, that sounds so pleasant, Twins'! Happy Anniversary!

Kathryn, I was able to go back and read what happened in between bits of connectivity time. I'm so sorry to hear you had to endure that blow! Grateful Ken could get to you in a relatively short time, and kind people were close.

Opportunities for inspiration and encouragement are popping up throughout the village. Check out monthly threads to see if there are tips and wisdom you can use, or if your ideas can help someone else.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Happy anniversary Twins, coaching h on how to use my old tablet.
I have picked plums.
now I adding to put up the Sept. Thread in card file.

Return to “Post When You Can”