1 Sept Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: 1 Sept Saturday

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I saw today's title, then wished Twins & dh a Happy Anniversary for yesterday (the 31st) and it still didn't dawn on me until just a little bit ago that today is September First! :roll: So, just posted the September J&C page. I was actually on my way back home from delivering dggs's b'day present to her house for this afternoon's get together. I was still suffering from the after affects of last night's migraine, when I remembered J&C! DDIL however, did give me some E xcedrin migraine capsules. I took one there and was already beginning to feel a little better on my way home. She did verify though, that the shakiness I was having is also an after affect. So that was good to know. Didn't think I could take the e xcedrin but she read to me that it's acetaminophen. Can't take ibuprofen.

Dh has gone with dsonil to H ome Depot to pick up some wire for his shed. We were trying to tell him how to go, but he said he gets lost on the expressways. He, who travels all over this county and surrounding ones for his job.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Going a mile a minute here. If I don't sleep Sunday afternoon away (a definite possibility), I'll tell all about it then.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi all! I'm glad it's the weekend, though today is a bit busy prepping for "small" group to be here tonight. I had a REALLY busy week at payroll - 19 classroom hours, including subbing, LOTS of grading hours with writing assignments + exams and of course planning hours. I also had extra meetings/appointments this week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday, we did host the Th. dinner crew, 9 people. Yesterday was a normal Friday with tjust he added payroll hour of attending the awards ceremony. But now we're off until Thursday when the new session starts -- though I need to have my new class materials ready to copy on Wed.

Oh, I hope all is OK Harriet. I felt I was going a mile a minute a few days last week. Still didn't get everything done I'd wanted to get done.

Today, we're hosting small group, about 20 people, I think, including kids. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I think small group tonight is just 12? adults and 9? kids, though 2 of those are age 3 and 1. 3 family groups will be absent. SO, I need to prep the house for their arrival in about 2:45. Dh will pitch in when he gets home; he's currently out working, stressed with a huge deadline coming on Sept. 10, submitting 18 papers to one of the 2 top conference (so I understand) in his field. He does this every year at this time. :roll: This is the one that alternates between meeting in Hawaii and Japan in June. The other main conference meets in the SF area in February.

Anyhow, dd22 is in the process of moving out, and M is working until about 5 pm today.

I did go for a 4 mile jog this morning. Not too far compared to what I used to do, but for where I'm at now, it was good! I also got the crock pot going, have laundry going, and have done the a.m. routine. I also finally paid our lawn guys. I've been behind on some of my snail mail bills with the busy month at work. I'm off now to walk to WF for something I forgot. Then, I'll start cleaning. The house isn't awful, but could use some dusting and vacuuming, especially downstairs.

Next:
- walk to Wf
- switch laundry
- dust and tidy living areas

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Happy anniversary, Twins!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 pm

I got dh to put the leaf in the DR table. I think we'll eat in there because we all can sit together. He thought it was kind of silly for burgers and dogs but I think it's better to be together?

I started a load of laundry to hang dry. Dh is doing some of his list and arguing about the papers he's collected, not uncommon. He gets overwhelmed and stack just keeps growing.

-make the bed (didn't do this a.m.)
-sweep front porch
-water inside plants
-put together fruit salad
-find a place to put away two pyrex bowls that came home from dmom's house.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Haven't been here in forever so thought I should stop by and check on things.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Very sorry to hear Kathryn had an accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Was watching the UT vs Maryland football game, now on game delay due to weather. I think my life has been on a weather delay ... hot weather. This is the first week in quite a while we have no temps over 100° in the 7 day forecast. Spent a chunk of time messing with a car repair that had to be done to pass inspection. My mobile mechanic did one repair but what he felt was an additional repair was beyond his 'mobile' capacity. Found a wonderful full service shop and Mr. Mobile was right on, exactly what he suspected. Car is now fully legal and I have the sticker to prove it.

My nephew's daughter had a baby this summer so I am now a great, great aunt. And his other daughter is expecting later this month. These are 2 girls my DBRO and Dsil actually raised so they are tickled to be great grandparents. Their own 2 grade school age grandsons will be moving about 40 miles away in a month or 2 but they have every intention of going to all the school and sport things as they have for years.

My youngest DGD just turned 21 and added another great grandchild to my collection. Unfortunately they live on the East Coast so I never see them. And my youngest child turned 50 this year; beginning to feel my age with the press of new generations.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Messy, messy, messy… That’s what my kitchen looked like up until a few minutes ago. Been making those blueberry muffins for sweetie and somehow I had a mess. I wore apron the type that pulls over your head and by the time I was finished the red was covered with white I don’t know how I was so messy must’ve been the flour.

Been alternating tv programs between tennis and football with more to come.

Meanwhile I have the laundry going and dinner will be hamburgers

Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Looking in for a few minutes, wanted to say hello and wish Dee and dh a very happy anniversary. I'm sorry to say that I haven't been checking our special dates thread lately.

Dh and I are both taking a quiet day. We've been doing just the basics and mostly resting and recouping from the busy week. I think we are both feeling the effects of his physical therapy...(I've been doing his homework exercises with him and I'm feeling like I am rather out of shape, so I guess I need the strengthening as much as he does). This next week will be busy also with errands out.

RRose, those muffins sound so good. I'm wondering if there is some way to substitute the sugar with a non sugar sweetener like Splenda, to accommodate dh's diabetes.

Time to get some supper ready.... I will take a walk around the Village to check out the new threads a little later, if we have no storms. It is getting a little dark here also.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:12 pm

1st of September was officially first day of spring here.
The morning was so warm I woke minus 2 woollen blankets.

day 2 here. sipping hot water. slightly cooler this am. 1 wool blanket was fine throughout the night.

poof to church.

ps - watch your neck Kathryn - you may need help with that.
gently, gently with the stretches while you see what it can do.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”