Bison Tell Yell Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Bison Tell Yell Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:36 pm

LadyM, I don't think Sam is doing it for attention. I think, more likely, it's anxiety. This is non scientific based entirely on Chief, the dog that we had. I think his brain just wouldn't calm down. He destroyed pillows on our porch multiple times, glasses and prescription sunglasses, and I can't think of what else. I did try to walk him a lot to keep him tired, believing in the statement that "a tired dog is a good dog." Ultimately, his downfall was that his anxiety translated into aggression. I still pick up things around the house that have his teeth marks.

We have had a quiet, lovely day here. I don't know if dh regards it as lovely, actually, but it's been so nice for me. I have first round of brisket done and I also processed a lot of basil with a little oil in the food processor. It's lovely to add to sandwiches in the winter, and not as much other stuff as pesto. If I want pesto, I can dress it up, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Home from walking my dog (Buddy) while DS10 walked Sam. Hopefully, I can establish a habit walking Sam and see if that will help. DS10 typically plays with the dogs several times a day. I am doubtful that Sam is destructive because he is bored. I have come to REALLY like Sam and think he will be an awesome companion for many years, so I am hopeful we can find a solution. However, if Sam (or any of the dogs) show any aggression ever.... they will be immediately gone.

Ace Hardware store is having BOGO free paint sale this weekend. So I got 2 more gallons of paint to continue my daily "Paint something"
project around the pool area. I suspect my method would make a REAL painter gasp with dismay. I am using foam brushes that cost 27 cents each so I can toss them in the trash when I finish painting each day. I don't like to clean paint brushes and was reluctant to paint because that dreaded task would have to be done. Now I look forward to painting while watching the kids then when finished for the day, simply toss the foam brush into the trash and put the lid on the paint can. Clean up takes about 30 seconds.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm just checking in so y'all know I'm still alive. As dh said about himself, I think it is true for both of us. We are just too old for this sort of one day trip -- driving 4 hours each way and sitting through a game. From here on out, we will be driving down on Friday and coming home after the game, which will be tiring, but we will normally be able to sleep late on Saturday mornings. I do dread the 15th though -- game is at 2:30 and it will be sooo hot that time of day. The heat just really zaps my strength.

We have been to Wmart and put away the groceries -- took dgs with us and he has been a big help -- marking things off the list as we shopped, and helping us carry things in.

Talked to dmom today and she is STILL no better with the foot! She does think, however, that getting the pins out will likely solve the problem. Dmom is VERY sensitive to certain metals, especially nickle. The pins are supposed to be surgical stainless steel, but she said it may be much like when you've worn a pair of earrings too long and your ears start getting irritated; these pins may have been in her toes just about as long as she can tolerate. I certainly hope she is right!

DGS is spending the night and going to the Labor Day picnic with us tomorrow -- this is the one where politicians speak and local musicians play and sing. DS will have to miss this year, but I don't really mind -- hoping that means we will not stay until the v e r y l a s t note is played. It makes for a long hot day and -- see above re: me and the heat, LOL! They make unbelievably good homemade chicken stew though, so it's worth dealing with the heat a little while for that!

Hope you all have a great holiday however you get to celebrate!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I have ordered prints from photos going back to the first of the year, I think! Glad to have that checked off!

All I really want to do is surf the internet and watch planner videos. These Happy Planner people amaze me.
I just want to PLAN... I don't really want to DO anything, of course. I can't imagine how these people with the amazingly creative artsy planners have little time left over for DOING either.
I'll get all those pictures in (270+) and they'll just go in the boxes b/c I can't manage to get them into photo albums and scrapbooks, either.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”