Bison Tell Yell Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Bison Tell Yell Sunday

Postby bittersweet » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:11 am

Today is Bison Tell Yell Day https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/bison-ten-yell-day

Although it's my day off, I need to be up early to drive DS to work.

For those who keep track of random trivia, it is now 16 weeks and 2 days until Christmas *ducking & running*

I have 20 minutes until I need to leave, so I'm going to get a few small things done first

- refill critters' water bowl
- refresh Scen*tsy warmers
- get dressed
- brush teeth & hair
- gather dirty laundry
- put/throw away 10 things from dining room table
- gather pop cans (DH is dreadful for leaving them around :roll: )
- move dirty dishes to kitchen
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

CathyS

Re: Bison Tell Yell Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 am

Hi!

As a result of working from 7 a.m. until just after 9 p.m. on Friday, with absolutely NO time spent on the computer, I have a very clean house.

Good thing because our company (one of dh's cousins and her wife) showed up here yesterday just before 8 a.m. :shock: I had just finished making the bed and I wasn't dressed all the way to shoes yet.

They left at 5 and I was left with a kitchen in chaos. I was completely mentally exhausted, so nothing got done last night. I went to bed at 9 and woke up 12 hours later.

Dishwasher is completely full and doing it's job. Table and island are both clear. Dh just took the green garbage bag full of garbage and a turkey carcass to his work to drop it off. Sink is full and there is a roasting pan soaking on the counter.

Now it all begins again. Dd is coming for supper at 5. Yesterday we had a deep fried turkey and I made a huge Caesar salad and turkey stuffing from a box and a small package of onions and potatoes on the BBQ. Tonight we are having sausages on the BBQ with grilled peppers and a large package of potatoes and onions on the BBQ. The house is still clean because we spent the entire day sitting around in the garage talking. I just have to do the dishes and make the bed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:43 am

Got that list finished! I also drove DS to work, and scrubbed out six cat litter boxes that are being returned to the cat rescue (from the days when I used to foster feral kittens). I think I'll do one more round, and then wake up DH to take me out for breakfast. There's a local restaurant that lets you "build your own breakfast" - choose any four from a list of items.

- wash a load of dishes
- move storage boxes downstairs
- pack up VHS tapes being given away
- take VHS movies for digitizing downstairs
- take VHS player downstairs
- vacuum kitchen/back entry
- gather up cardboard for recycling

*poof!*
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:42 am

Bsweet, I just read about Bison Tell Yell day, I love it!

I'm wanting a quiet day here - I need to get started cooking brisket for Rosh Hashanah. I usually freeze it and then thaw and reheat for the big dinner. I haven't been able to get started on it - lack of motivation? lack of energy? I don't know.

Yesterday I had a spark of energy when I went out for groceries. I went to Michaels and got supplies for a door wreath - grapevine with some pumpkin and greenery picks and a bow. Not traditional orangy fall colors - the pumpkins are a lighter orange and softer looking. I also went to Lowes and got a piece of plywood cut to redo a small bench - almost like a piano stool that doesn't open - from dmom's house. I remember it being in my grandmother's house when I was little. I don't know that it's all that old - the top was split in two under the padding and vinyl cover. I'll recover the plywood with batting and a nicer cover for the guest room probably. Of course, I haven't done either of those things yet and who knows when I'll circle back to it.

We had the cousins over last night- they were gone by 8 and we didn't have too much of a mess to clean up. I think we have leftover burgers and brats for supper for tonight. I an old photo from mother that I had put into a scrapbook years ago and had her ID everyone, and we had it out to study. I think the photo was probably from 1948 or so - my favorite dcousin was sitting on the bench in front with our grandparents and most other dcousins and aunts and uncles were in the photo. I'm going to do a copy for my dcousin who is turning 80 this month - he is a young boy in the photo for his 80th birthday.

I am doing a decluttering challenge this month in a facebook group on minimalism and decluttering. One item the first day up to 31 at the end.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:52 am

I am feeling chatty this morning!

-brunch and meds/vitamins
-clear kitchen "dry" counters - the back counters on the perimeter (how do you eat an elephant?)
-get towels and kitchen towels started in washer
-take out kitchen garbage
-clean rings and earrings
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 am

G'morning, Twins' Mom!!

I'm on a roll today! Maybe it's because the village is so quiet I'm not being distracted? :lol: That round is all finished, and DH snoozed on! How that man can sleep so long is beyond me :roll: I think I'm going to have to wake him up if I want him to take me out for breakfast. I was hoping he'd wake up on his own, but the special is only on until 10:30am, and that's in 30 minutes!

I'll get more done when we get back.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:35 pm

I have been up a while. Was up in the nite to let the dog out and back in the moon shadow was great on the deck. Then dsis txted me at 4 happy bday. She wanted to be first and is in a few time zones ahead of us. We are going shopping in a bit and my pic for lunch. Joanne, staples, tj max and North forty on our list, maybe Ross as well.

I have gardening on my mind for exercise at done point. Had coffee and breakfast. Qt & journaling done.

Waving to every one have a great day.

Hoping to get some tools to use my gift of creativity wish me luck at finding what I want and need.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Bsweet, I'm glad you're working with me, hurry back soon!

Dh and ds came in from Costco bearing all kinds of things that need refrigeration and freezer. I lost it because freezer and refrigerator will be at a premium until after Rosh Hashanah, and then they brought down the twin box springs from upstairs and put it in my car, mishandling the wreath form still in it from yesterday. :shock: I think I'm calm again. :shock: After 1 p.m. I will take the box springs to the "residential refuse drop off center."

This round:
-finish kitchen clean up
-get brisket into the oven
-straighten DR (move kitchen chairs out, fold up chairs we'll use next week)
-clean the stove top
-make the bed

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Home from church and eating at our favorite cafe. Today the 4 of us were joined for lunch by DBro and 3 friends. Those meals are treasured, not because of the food but the fellowship. I find myself wanting to capture the time spent together and bottle up so I can enjoy it again and again later. I'll just have to settle for the memory of it.

Did I tell you Sam (puppy) has torn up more stuff? I was telling DGS21 about Sam's destruction and it forced me to realize it is more than I thought. I tend to forgive and forget. But when I did think about everything Sam has torn up recently, it sorta shocked me. Especially when I started adding up the cost. The damage is over $900 besides all the aggravation and frustration. I don't know how long can we last before we give up on this dog. I wish I knew if Sam will quit this behavior when it outgrows the puppy stage. Even though Sam is in a big yard running and playing with the 3 other dogs, DGS21 says it is our fault for not walking Sam more. He says Sam is just doing it for attention. So now I have that possibility to consider.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi everyone. I'm awake again after nap but only because the cover HRH put over me when he found me asleep on the couch was his flannel shirt, not a real cover. so it wakened me by absence as much as presence. I guess his spirit was willing but his body too week to actually go find a blanket. We're both whipped.

We had 14 here today. Dd20 is the only one among us who made it to church. She tended to my duties. Ds' family can watch their big church on tv, and had done that, following her family's huge weekend of rehearsal dinner, wedding, and big reception. They say the other, bride's, side had a lot of drama over feelings hurt 2 decades ago in parents' divorce. That's tough.

Fun with playing pie in the face game. (not at wedding - here in my yard after bday party)

I'm so proud. I made a joke in my condition. What a trooper. yyaaaaawwnnn

After a while, crocodile.

Return to “Post When You Can”