Happy Cat Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Happy Cat Monday

Postby bittersweet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 am

September is Happy Cat month, and y'all know what a crazy cat lady I am! :lol: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/happy-cat-month/

I have to leave in a few minutes to take DS to work. He only works occasionally for this company - a few weekends a year when they have huge orders that need to be done. When I get back, I'll need to keep on track to get some things done before heading over to dMum's
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Re: Happy Cat Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:50 am

I'd guess that, if a cat lives in, or in tight proximity, to a house, the happiness of the cat might give a clue to the calm of the household.

For the past couple days our cat has been in partial distress, fine through the nights but on guard through the days. Each morning, as the calamity of 4 boys awakened - bump, bump, bumpbumpbump - so did his stress level!

Now he is obviously King of his castle again, playing with his ball. He waked me this morning, which he almost never has to do. Other than sleeping like a log until 8 in the morning past breakfast time, I guess I seem normal to him. :lol:

I did not get an index card (of 3 to 5 most important things) made out last night. So that should be a priority.

But the house still looks really good this morning, and I did get evening dailies done. So not panic mode - just getting my bearings.

If it's Labor Day for you, and you have some free time coming, hope you enjoy it. Dd heads out to work today for a later shift leaving at 11.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:23 am

Aarrgghh! I missed a birthday, AGAIN! Happy Belated Birthday, Nancy. Hope you had a good day and perhaps even continue into today.

Happy Labor/Labour Day to all of our She Village.

Dh asked me over an hour ago if I'd like to join him and dsonil for breakfast. Glad I said, "No, not today", as they still haven't gone. I would probably doubt that dsonil is even out of bed. Having a BS of 80 when I got up meant I had to eat a whole lot earlier than they're evidently going out.

I do have a LOL of coloreds to do when dh comes back with the golf cart. It's a bit far for me to carry the laundry basket to the laundry room. Besides it's getting too hot to walk even a little bit. Will be closing the patio door and turning on the AC momentarily.

DS-A's 'little squirt' won his second go-kart race in a row. Nearby on Saturday night and again yesterday about 50 miles away. He only started about a month ago. Asked his Ddad if he could run these (he just turned 6). He's getting the gist of it quite quickly. Of course he's been driving something around their 2 acres since he was about 2. DGS18 wrote the sweetest note on FB about dgs6's first win. DGS18 went away to college last weekend and was wishing he was home to watch his little brother.

See people packing up all around us, getting ready to head home and get ready for the return to work/school. It's going to be mighty quiet around here from here in. Except maybe "Haloween" weekend the 22nd of September. That's the last big hurrah around here. Reminds me I have to pick up candy. Maybe I'll just order it. Need to make out a W mart order anyway. Nearest W mart is about 25 miles away so I tend to order a lot of things and just make the physical trip once in a while.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:07 am

It's Labour Day here. It's also over 90 degrees F with high humidity, so I am trying very hard to not labour.

Dh, on the other hand, has 2 very large maple trees to move from a neighbour's yard to ours. We drove past the neighbor cutting two massive trees down on Saturday and dh pulled over and asked if they were willing to sell any of the wood. We are getting most of it. Dh just has to move it.

Supper tonight is turkey sandwiches. No cooking for me today. No added heat in the house.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:28 am

Happy Birthday, Nancy!!
I a day late. Sorry for the lateness.

Bittersweet - Thank you for the daily start! I like it!

Today is a family reunion for my Dad's side of the family. There are only 3 family members still alive in that generation and they will be at the reunion. I am expecting a couple dozen cousins and their families to be there too. It should be an interesting day. It is being hosted at my aunts home that is about 3 miles from me. After today her kids will be moving her from her farm to the big city so she will be near one of her sons. We all know this is the last time for a family reunion being hosted at the older generation home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 am

A.m. routine is underway and I have a second 10 lbs of brisket in the oven. THe first installment was sliced last night and is in the freezer. We're going up to the pool for the Labor day get together around noon. Will be a quiet day here going into a busy week!

Happy Labor day to all!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am

Good morning, villagers! DS has been dropped off, and I've managed to get the clean dishes put away. One more round of washing should have the rest of them dealt with. Then I can start on the counters.

It's cool and drizzly here today, so it's a good day to work inside. That's not a problem, as there's LOTS to be done!

First up:

- wash last load of dishes
- put in a load of laundry
- clean one cat box (we have three!)
- vacuum spare bedroom
- clean shower

BBIAB *poof!*
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:25 pm

That lot's all done! I also spent a bit of time chatting with DD, and even picked up a bunch of lawn bombs (doggy poop patrol). Time to get back at it before I have to head out to dMum's.It would be easier to plan my afternoon if I knew what time DS was going to be finished work, but...as he says so often...hakuna matata :lol:

What's up next? Hmmmm.......

- flip LOL
- clean out one more cat box
- finish cleaning bathroom
- wash spare bedroom floor
- put away clean dishes
- clear off and wash other side of kitchen counter

That should keep me busy for an hour or so, don't you think?

Oh! Before I forget...dMum and I are planning to go to this event
http://touchoftalent.ca/ and this lady will be there http://www.auntiejeansfudge.com/ Lord, give me strength when I'm near her table!!! :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Hot and humid in this part of the great white North.

Still struggling with my head.

Body is fine, neck is probably fine, just a little sore from sleeping weird (head hurts in my usual position.)

Bad night's sleep after an excellent night's sleep the night before. Now I know the binaural soundtrack I was listening to played no role in the better sleep since I restarted it 3x last night to no avail. Of course a 3:40 phone call from someone in a bar didn't help.

Yesterday morning I managed to repair my bag and make rice krispy squares before going down at 9:30 for a nap. Left at 10:40 to visit W&R in their new home.

After that McD for lunch in a WM (I sat looking at the wall to minimize brain stinulation) then the shopping I was to do before I was hit by the bike, then home. Put away fridge items and back to bed for an hour's nap before an early supper.

I made up the supper (dh was working) and then to set up the potluck dessert party. Everyone wanted to set up in the lobby instead of the patio so we did although it didn't rain (I had checked radar.) I didn't have the strength to assert myself.

I had lots of help with cleanup. Vegged for the rest of the night as soon as the fridge items were put away. Dh washed up the dishes.

We went to bed late (I just sat in the living room while dh worked, adjusting the playlist for my sleep therapy and napping.)

This morning I had a significant headache (not severe, just very noticeable) so I took a pill first thing. Worked on my bullet journal (lucylee was the inspiration for that, a comment she made about planning vs doing.) Got dizzy (a sign it was too much.) I was on the balcony because it was a lovely morning and I though the sound of light rain and the view would be calming. I put on noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses (although it was overcast) and the dizziness went away so it was too much stimulation.

Had my breakfast then went back to bed.

Got up after an hour and s2s, tried sewing a straight seam (hint: didn't go well), watered the plants (also didn't go well) and did a little tidy. I'm sitting in my recliner now.

Today is Monday, house blessing day. Yeah, right.... like that's going to happen. We'll be lucky to get fresh sheets on the bed.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:41 pm

It's nice to have a day off! This is the start of a more low-key week for me. Besides payroll, I just have a meeting with my Circle Wed. night, host Th. dinner, and then WW, probably, F morning. I'll discover my payroll schedule on Wed. and classes will start on Thursday. This session, I'm teaching the class that I developed, so I'm hoping that goes well.

So far, my day has turned out much differently than I had planned. First, I didn't end up going for a jog. I drove to the park -- which was a zoo, by the way, at least in the central area around the lake. When I stepped out of the car, it felt like I had stepped into a sauna. :shock: NO WAY was I going to jog in that. So instead,, I went for a 3 mile walk along the same path I would have jogged along. There's a river, woods, meadow-y areas along the path, so it's pretty. There were also tons of people on the path and yes, some crazy ones were running at that hour. Mostly young'uns -- but not all. Dh had gone earlier and had warned me to go early. . .

Second, When I got home, I discovered I'd been locked out of the house. And my phone was at 7% battery. After several frantic texts and phone calls, it came to light that Dh was working at a coffee shop about 2 blocks away, so I drove over (yes, 2 blocks. . ) and got the house key. It turned out that M had left the house last and hadn't realized that I didn't have a key.

[Have I told you that M, dd22's friend, is staying with us until Oct. 1 when she leaves for a 6 week internship with dh's sister in the Netherlands? I think she may come back to stay in our house after that. . Not sure. It's also not clear how long she'll be staying with us or how I feel about that long term. She's pretty easy to have around, actually, but it's just another person in the house. And like any person, she has her foibles. I know she's rather emotionally needy right now, going through hard family stuff, but she's mainly leaning on dd22 for emotional support. Dd22 told us last night that she is a bit weary of it, but she's also moving out to her apartment this week.]

Third, I ate WAY too much for lunch. I just didn't feel like eating one of my smaller standard lunches. It started with a big bowl of oatmeal to which I added brown sugar and lots of nuts. There are tons of WW points in that already, but then I got into the peanut butter, and it just spiraled down from there. Anyhow, I think I've now eaten most of today's points. Oh, well . :roll: My weight is at a point where I'm happy enough with it, though I'd still like to get rid of a few more pounds.

I need to go to the groc. store today. We're grilling here with the C family; it's easier to do it here with dd22's celiac. We're already completely gluten-free. R is making and grilling hamburgers on our grill, and dh will grill chicken sausages (really tasty + low in calories!). I'll make some veggie kebabs which will marinate for about an hour before grilling.

Return to “Post When You Can”