Tuesday Feels like Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Feels like Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 pm

I have been off track and need to get moving again. I've still haven't finished kitchen clean up, and haven't s2s-ed. I have done a lot of other smaller things. I'm glad I actually did a decent round of kitchen clean up last night, altho I felt like I had been cleaning it all weekend over and over.

I'm going to start at :15 after and "work" for 45 minutes. That includes s2s the first round.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Postby helia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Elizabeth wrote:I also found that 9/13 is Positive Thinking day (AKA Delude Yourself day). Gag gag GAG! I will be skipping that in favor of being my usual curmudgeonly self.

Oh Elizabeth, you coaxed me out of lurk-mode with this comment. I'm almost ROFLOLing! I miss your humor and wit. I'm with you on this one.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Didn't get started until 1 p.m. so I'm breaking until 2 now. Need a quick lunch too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:56 pm

I cleaned out under my kitchen sink - am moving a lot of cleaning supplies to laundry room. It's abysmally cramped under there with the plumbing and we're on a slab foundation so it has to go where it has to go. I also rehung the little basket on inside of the right hand door for sink stuff - the hook had broken off a long time ago so it's nice to have that fixed up again. I keep a lot of white "rags" actually white cleaning clothes under there and could really use a deeper basket so they're neater. I should watch for something that might work.

I also stripped guest bed and have sheets washing. Was too overwhelmed when last company left to do it.

Will go again at 3 p.m.

-----------------------------

And I didn't get this posted earlier.

I'm breaking again.

This time I stripped the day bed upstairs and got those sheets in the washer, and I cleaned out a kitchen "utensil" drawer.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Gee, I hate having been so out of touch. First having the internet go down (still under threat of that a second time at least. Flags across the yard!). Then houseguests and so much goings-on. Then today I taught the study, so I went immediately from houseguests to needing to prepare for that.

The study was so well-received today, it warmed my heart. There was more animated discussion on the topics afterward than I believe we've ever had. I had been worried because we're trying to finish thi
s study on time to begin another at a promised time, so I covered twice the ground, tying two different things together. I was wondering if I could make it interesting. People were telling me they had definitely learned something.

Back home and HRH was here wondering about a late lunch, so we dived in to that prep and it was good. Potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, salads.

for the rest of the day, just trying to get back to normal around here.
I'm sure I put my normalcy somewhere.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 pm

just trying to get back to normal around here.

This!
I want normal.

I woke up this morning with a throbbing face. It was hurting so bad that I couldn't narrow it down to which tooth was the problem. I couldn't even determine if it was upper or lower teeth hurting. The whole right side of my face was just a throbbing pain field. I took some pain meds but it didn't touch the pain so I took another one. I finally got some relief. I did find a popcorn kernel stuck when I did a deep clean of teeth. I am hopeful that was the cause of the pain. The pain med says to take every 6 hours so I assume it has worn off. It has been 9 hours since I took the pain meds and I am still pain-free. If the pain comes back then I will make an appt with a dentist....although I just had teeth cleaning & check up 8 days ago.

Once I got the pain under control, we started doing homeschool lessons. We had some bumps this morning but it mostly went well. Settling down and getting back into the learning groove takes some doing.

DS10 is at piano lessons. I'll get DGD7 from school in 30 minutes, feed her a snack and then take her to piano lessons.

I like to wear my hair up during the hot weather. I find myself either wearing a pony tail, messy bun or french braid. I recently noticed a friends hair in a messy bun and it looked so full and pretty. That got me to wondering how she did that. I took a chance and ordered one of these and I am thrilled how much difference it made. Soooo simple.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Just finished filing a claim for the damage to my car Friday. Also found out from animal control in Work City that the dog I hit died. At least I know he (she?) is not wandering around hurt. Given the amount of damage to the car, it was not likely he lived, but if he had, maybe I could have helped him through the animal org I work with. Sad sad sad sad. Still need to make a DPC to get a refund for the event we were turned away from.

At least soon I won't be reminded every time I walk into my garage.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Elizabeth, so sad for you and the poor dog. I know you couldn't help it and it's an awful feeling when you love animals.

Going for another 45 min, taking a slightly longer break here.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Warning possible rant ahead ~ / so the realtor texts me wanting to do a realtor tour tomorrow, no one let me know it did not happen last week I have this week booked poop!!! This week and another open house :shock: I am not happy, thought that was behind me. So I have been ranting h is home. Asked to have it pushed back a week. I need to clean after hubby gets the rest of the detectors up, and then can do the open house 3 days later. H. has Dr. Apt this week trying to keep stress down . I cannot do this three weeks in a row hello. This is bs not even getting 24 hrs. Notice. I think I have hormonal happenings going on as well as needing a new attitude cue TinaTurner song.

Okay I scheduled my self a breaher re the realtor stuff, it is mid mo. Just got that confirmed. Sigh of relief / end rant
I can get some papers decluttered, and work on the shop.

I need to water got one bed remade. Did my walk it was great for getting my hair dry. Dog has been bathed. One good thing about this is I got mojo to short the last few boxes of paper in the basement. Found som goodies to use in my new planner verses with scenery pic. A verse on em quote and a small fall planner! Watered some in the front. Dinner is in the oven.

Stay safe those in the south in the path of the hurricane.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Ahhh, Nancy that stinks! Especially on your birthday! Happy Birthday, btw!! I'm so sorry you didn't get a heads up about what was going (or not) on.

I think I am done, I have really been quite productive but my back hurts now and my head hurts worse. I've done a fair amount of kind of random cleaning in the kitchen. I've taken out some recycling (there's more!) for tomorrow. I've done a second load of laundry with twin sheets and the tablecloth that I used on Saturday, that I'll use again on Monday.

I am tired.

Return to “Post When You Can”