Wednesday Wherewithal

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Wherewithal

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Joining in to work alongside of Twins

Next up-
** Comb DGD7 hair. The kids will go to church in 15 minutes
** Walk kids to church. This should put me over 9K steps today
** Take pins out of quilt project. I don't like how I was going to do it. Need to develop Plan B
** Vacuum floors in house
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:03 pm

I cooked supper but barely ate a thing as I was SO HOT! Dh suggested that I go lay on the bed in front of the portable air conditioner and the very powerful little fan. I was in there for over an hour.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Glad you got cooled off Cathy!

That really didn't take long at all, Muffin has been around the block.

I'm going to do some planning for tomorrow now. Online disc is at 8 p.m. Tomorrow I have lunch out with a friend.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Another storm went through. This time I took pictures until the rain hit us.

The kitchen window started to leak and dripped into a power bar. Luckily nothing was on at the time. I've turned it off and moved it so it can dry out.

That's the first time that window leaked. We don't actually know where the water was coming in. I suspect at the top or perhaps the ceiling but behind the blind. The bottom of the blind had water drops on it so I suspect it came down inside the blind, pooled on the bar across and then dripped down from there.

After I post the pictures, I'm hoping to get the kitchen chores done. I vacuumed the kitchen and office while my dinner was cooking so I can also mop the floor if I have energy.

A lovely turn of phrase in a tweet to Mirriam-Webster today: "The shade you throw is so subtle; it's brilliant." Lodestar was the Merriam word of the day on August 28th and today's word is banshee. I'm wondering if it is a banshee who used lodestar in the op-ed today. That would be a delightfully neat turn of events. A sign that everyone is following the Nike Just Do It advice!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:44 pm

I got the upstairs cleaned except for under the couch drat forgot that when I was vacuuming. Bathrooms are both cleaned, I dusted my desk, and other stuff now working on more laundry and some corners need dusted as well as doing the stairs. I need to damp mop upstairs before the weekend. My l*ist in my planner helps. It was hot and h is a bit out of sorts so I have retreated to the basement.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I did go to the study. HRH complained that I'd said it was short but then was away an hour and a half. There was a lot of discussion.

Got a smoothie into me before I left.

Our new set of checks arrived (after taking an awfully long time ? ) so I'm set up to finish household Desk Day tomorrow, which was really started by phone/online today.

Twins' Mom, what is so interesting at Michael's that you went there anyway? Is this A, C and N thread chat-worthy?
LadyM, what is your potential method/plan with the quilt? Is this A, C and N thread chat-worthy?
Elizabeth, how is the Hard Hat coming, under construction? Is this A, C and N thread chat-worthy?
Am I being obvious? Naw. Of course not.

Nancy - withdrawal! lol! that is me so many times!

I saw Sunny drop by to check on us today. Hi!

And Norma dropped by. Hi!

Harmony, is the avalanche any less threatening? :)

Dee, are all the ducks getting along okay? :)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Tuesday kitchen chores are done plus I finished all Monday's chores except dusting the living room/dining room which isn't bad at all. I've been running my fingers on things and looking carefully but can't see a dust pattern.

Got the teaser off for my service on Sunday. The minister sends out an email every week and over the summer it has been written by a wonderful volunteer. She's away right now but asked that I send my wording to her. I warned her to proof-read carefully and watch to make sure it makes sense. I find myself having to correct about every fifth word that I type. Sometimes it is homonyms, sometimes I have no idea what my brain was thinking.

I emailed ds because I had no indication he was alive since last Thursday and he had not reacted to the news of my concussion. He has worked 6 nights in a row and was playing a large role in a friend's wedding for 2 days before that PLUS hasn't been sleeping so I wasn't overly concerned. Turns out he thought he had texted me 2 days ago.

He asked to come over to sleep for half a day and have me do his laundry. He has a race weekend and has no clothing that is clean. I said yes.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm ready to wrap up the day.

While the kids were at church I assembled my breakfast jars for the next 7 days. That task takes me about 25 minutes to do, but then my breakfast is quick-n-easy to grab for a week.

I was not comfortable with the kids walking home from church since it is darker now. It wasn't total night but the sun was down. I walked there and back again so that put me over 10k steps.

LadyM, what is your potential method/plan with the quilt?
I bought some sunflower material to make a quilt to hang on the quilt rack for September decoration. I am using an brown sheet that doesn't get used as the backing and trim for the quilt. I was going to use an old baby quilt as the stuffing and had the 3 pieces all pinned together. But now I have decided the baby quilt is tooo much stuffing so I unpinned everything and will put the quilt together without stuffing or maybe a very lightweight stuffing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:11 pm

Okay I am finding the more I clean the more dirt I find. The laundry is better. There was lots of dust on th plumbing in the basement ack. To be continued.

Return to “Post When You Can”