Wednesday Wherewithal

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Well rats. The dishwasher repair guy said that no one had consulted with him to order the part he needs for the dishwasher, so that was a bust. It's come to my attention that I have misplaced a refund ck for my dmom's home insurance, so I need to go through recycling to find it.

I am struggling today!

I need to find that check and then head out on errands. How do I lose a check????
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Wherewithal

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm

I found it, and am heading out now...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:14 pm

(((Twins - here's a bit of energy to find that check!))) You posted while I was composing but I'm sure my good thoughts were why you found it!

I showered, touched up my pedicure and put fresh clear polish on my fingers, and rested for 45 minutes. Dh suggested the bagel shop for lunch. The "Feel's like" temp is 100 but the risk of precip was nil so I proposed biking the mile instead of walking. That way, it would be less energy.

Got there fine but felt weak so sat and had dh order for me. It is Wednesday which is buy 6, get 6 free day and we are down to 1 or 2 from last time, so I thought I'd get some but when it was time to come home, they were out of cinnamon raisin so I passed on it completely. This offer is every Wed until they cancel it so I can go next week. We got my lunch at 1/2 off because it was my 7th time there on this patron card. When you go for 30 times, you get a free dozen bagels as well.

Since I was woozy after the ride, I checked my BP and oxygen using my phone app. My blood pressure is up, my O2 is down (both have been for 36 hours now) so I will ask the doctor about that.

In the meantime, I'll start tracking more closely. I'm using my phone for both so should probably get my BP machine back from dd and ask to borrow ds's pulse oximeter to at least check it against my phone app. I have trouble with o2 normally which is why I was so surprised to see it at 98% while in the ambulance. It was 98% the next day and since then it is at 96% which is where I usually see it.

The bike ride home was a bit tougher (against a wind and no good route that doesn't have an element of danger. We went a bit farther and walked our bikes on a sidewalk to make things less dangerous for me.

I'm back in my recliner now. Not sleepy but woozy and a heart is pounding so I'll lay low for a bit.

Dinner for tonight is planned. Dh will be having pizza. Because of the bike ride, I'll be short steps today but won't walk over with him. It will be even hotter then. Actually, it didn't feel bad at all on the bike because it has got hazy and the bike makes a breeze. Plus we went really slow so really didn't exert ourselves.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi!

Dh and I are both having problems sleeping. I think we are both either too excited or too scared. Maybe a bit of both. Update in MO.

Supper tonight is pork chops and Italian plums (AKA prune plums) cooked on skewers with onion chunks. I will do it without the skewers. Everything will get cut into chunks and sautéed. I think I will do noodles for a side for dh and Minute rice for me.

Hot, hot, hot here. I went and washed my feet in very cold water. It really helped.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Cathy: my nephew, when he was a preschooler would come into my mom's house, announce, "I'm hot" and take off his shoes and socks. Done. Sweater and trousers stayed on but shoes and socks made him hot!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:53 pm

When I came back to post mis read the title and thought it was Wed. Withdrawal exactly what I felt like doi g withdrawing from people! Lol!
CI next round done. Upstairs has been vacuumed and dusted. Oops forgot to sweep so will do it next. Working on home blessing. Laundry is in the dryer.
BTW - My attitude is better. It is Smokey out now glad I did outside stuff early.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Big storm just blew through. Dh saw it coming and alerted me (the view from my chair was great weather!) I went out and watched it come down the river, picked all the ripe and nearly ripe grape tomatoes, felt the wind go from nothing to scary, then went inside when the rain finally hit us. It was lovely!

Texted dd that the storm was on the way and to take cover. She texted back 15 minutes later to say thanks. The radar was off and she thought they had time to get to the store and back (5 minute walk for them in each direction, at least it is for dsil, dd may be slower now.) They didn't leave because of my warning. I'll give myself a 10 for family interaction today on my checklist!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Ack! :o I was out being productive and suddenly realized that the Pro Gen discussion is at 5 today. They rescheduled our Monday 4 p.m. group to the second Monday because of Labor Day, which put it on Rosh Hashanah. So I asked if I could participate with the Wed group and put it only calendar. So I rushed home since it was 4:30 and I was leaving the store, and found it's at 8 p.m. I left off going to the bank (and this is after I found the check!) and skipped my "reward" trip to Michaels.

So I'm kind of leaving a lot of stuff hanging here at home, but I think I'll run back out to Michaels anyway. Dh has a biz dinner tonight so I'm not cooking.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Break Time for me. I'm eating lunch 5 hours late. eeek! I have a headache which I suspect is from not eating.......or maybe it is from listening to the sound of 20+ instruments being played by beginners. DS10 had his first band class today. That whole class was sooooo awful. On a good note (pun intended), they can only get better!

This was my first time going from Band Class to picking up DGD7. I was overconfident that it could be done in 30 minutes. Band class gets out at 3:15, but the band director worked with DS10 after class so we were 6 minutes late leaving. School gets out at 3:45. It is a 26-mile drive between the two places. About halfway there, I ran into construction which slowed traffic down 25mph so I didn't make it in time. When I hit the construction, I knew then that I couldn't make it on time so I called the school and had them tell DGD7 not to panic that I would be there. I was 7 minutes late. I don't know how I will juggle this every Wednesday. DGD7 is fine waiting at school for me to get there so I guess I will just do that until I can come up with a better idea.

Homeschool this morning went almost perfect. I am very pleased with how each subject is laid out and tailored to the way DS10 learns.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 pm

-Get paper recycling to the garage, shred box to garage also.
-clear kitchen table of stuff I dropped there
-clear breakfast bar counter and kitchen counters

-then walk the ddog

Return to “Post When You Can”