Wednesday Wherewithal

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday Wherewithal

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am

If you have the wherewithal to do something, it means you've got what you need to make it happen. You've got the means or supplies for the purpose and the confidence to forge ahead.

You've got this! :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Wherewithal

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:29 am

I woke up feeling normal. Within an hour, the feeling was gone. Sigh...

In that time, I got the dish drainer emptied and watered and trimmed the plants on the balcony.

I've emailed the person looking for plants for her apartment. She is on a disability pension so has no money for such things. I have lots of plants for her but no extra pots so am not sure how much I can take over. I've been rooting things for her since I came across her request last month.

Dd took dgs to the park yesterday since he'd been asking for beach-time! and boat-time! since their vacation. At least she can give him sand to play in.

She posted this exchange:

At the park today:

Me: While we’re waiting for our turn on the seesaw, what would you like to do?

Kid on seesaw, maybe 5 or 6: You could climb the spider web.

Me: Hmmm. Dgs is probably too little. What do you think? Want to go look at those ropes?

Dgs: Ropes!

We wander over and dgs gives a rope a tug testingly.

Seesaw kid: Here, I can show you how! *gets up from seesaw to come over*

Dsg: DGS’S TURN! *makes a beeline for the seesaw*

I'm not sure that's the lesson we want the older child to learn! But dgs seems to have life figured out!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:36 am

Decided to get some Desk Day done before coming to computer this morning.

I accomplished Trash Day work yesterday evening, so that is off my mind this morning. HRH says they have been coming as early as 6:30 a.m. :? and I am not chasing anybody or any-time when it's that early.

Thinking of blessed and her dd traveling. blessed is "roughing it" - she may have stories to tell.

Kathryn, what about your wrist and back - do you still have pain by today?

Errand Day is fluctuating right now - it could be today, could be tomorrow. Actually, it's a blessing to have a calmer week with options, so I'm not going to worry that errands aren't pinned down.

There's some cooking I'd like to do today. I have the WHEREWITHAL for those recipes, with or without a trip out. :)

I may attend a study at church this evening.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

No physical pain at all since Sunday except sometimes my neck feels sore but because of my goose-egg (which is diminishing) I can't always sleep with my head in its preferred position so I've been chalking any neck discomfort up to that. Doing lots of neck and shoulder stretches to counter-act the neck soreness.

I've been waking with mild headaches but even that wasn't present this morning.

I felt 100% this morning. But that didn't last long.

I'm still not dressed but at least I've had breakfast now. I think I'll shower and then maybe sleep on the couch (my hair will be wet so I won't want to sleep in the bed.) I have clothes laid out to put on when I'm done the shower. I think I have enough strength to shower first and certainly don't want to waste post-nap energy on showering.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 am

Things perking along...that is if we get water.... pressure is down, DH thinks water has been shut off... I have to call water company and see who broke what water main around here; praying it's not just us for some dumb reason though don't see how that could even be. DH just called to remind me not to use the hot water because he doesn't want the tank drained dry.

Dailies done. Desk chores completed, well the usual ones.

What's next is a whole avalanche of paperwork to request a draw on big job. Emailed gal about all that and apparently she had thought we were completely done and this was the last one so was doing something different and I won't have her updated figures to work off... so my brain is spinning how to even do this.

DH has found some work to do and is gone gone gone, glad to be out of here with this going on. I will have to figure it all out and have big conference with him to explain and get his input. I don't know what is harder, my figuring it out or explaining it to him. He could never do this by himself, I can barely do it. I'm trying to tell myself I have the wherewithal to complete this....I hope I hope...

Yep Yep, water co. says they just found out a water main is broken in our area, someone's coming to fix. I'm to call back this afternoon to find out if we have to boil our water. Sure glad I have a full coffeepot!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:04 am

Oh yes! Harmony -a full coffee pot a must. :D

I've worked all morning on making sure all our ducks are in a row as far as appointments go. Dh got a call yesterday with a surgery date of Monday, September 24th. Also gave him his dates for the pre-op with the nurse practitioner and the follow up. Today he got a call from the hospital that a nurse from there will be calling the 17th at 8am for some info. Had to get his follow-up date changed with the orthopedist because that was scheduled for the 25th. Back and forth, to and fro!

Now think I'll start some cabbage soup. Have the hamburg all thawed and ready to cook. Need to dice some onions first.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:24 am

I was up before 8 - it's been a struggle to get to sleep lately for some reason, and then that makes it hard to wake up in the morning too. Exacerbated by sleeping in and napping over the long weekend for sure. I was so tired last night and so sure I would fall asleep quickly and then tossed and turned awhile.

I walked ddog and then decided, since it's cloudy and the yard had just been watered, that I would do some weeding in our foundation plantings around the porch. I think I could finish it in another 1/2 hour but my legs were worn out, the yard was actually soggy, and my head was spinning. I came in a fixed up my breakfast smoothie. My head is still spinning - I'm not sure if it's weeding or lack of breakfast but I'm sitting down for a bit.

After I got so much done yesterday I feel lazy and slow now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 am

Got the soup all together & started simmering. Not sure how it's going to be but am hopeful. Used the same recipe as when I made stuffed pepper soup. Only switched the peppers with cole slaw. We liked the other & we like cabbage in soup so we shall see.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:44 am

Waving to all.
I have spiffed up the kitchen and m bedroom, did desk duty. I vacuumed the or last night. Laundry may need attn.
Heading put to spade up the herb garden in a bit so I have a spot to move my keeper irises to.
Qt, Journaling and planning done. I have a plan fish is for dinner.

Part of the reason I was upset about an open house and realtor tour this week was I thought I was done and felt like it was a do over. See j & c thread. I need to water and how, and spiff up the house plus stage it. Nope. Or going to have time plus the other things I was going going to do they make a mess like decluttering papers, clean the shop, not to mention the garden. Plus other issues... Sigh I just wanted some down time. I am hoping to go to the team and Michael's the next one.

When I came back to post mis read the title and thought it was Wed. Withdrawal exactly what I felt like doing withdrawing from people! Lol!

I have picked up the inside. I got the carport swept, did a session of decluttering in the shop, andspaded up a section in the garden and planted some seeds. I picked up the plums that he fallen and burried them. It looks better. It was great therapy!

Next up head to the basement and see if I need to start laundry.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:46 am

I have the guy coming to try to fix the dishwasher door (for a second time) between noon and two today. Going to try to get moving...peel my bottom off this seat....
-brush/floss and wash up
-make the bed
-hang up laundry in washer and fold load from dryer
-straighten up laundry room
-finish kitchen clean up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”