Saturday. So, What's the Sitch?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday. So, What's the Sitch?

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 am

What's the situation at your house, today?

This phrase remembered from dd20's years of watching the "Kim Possible" show. :)

Perhaps one of us will be needing to save the world today with our sidekicks, you never know.

Lynlee had posted at end of previous thread about her trip back to her childhood home/family farm. Very tempting to copy here. Everyone be sure you don't miss that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday. So, What's the Sitch?

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:35 am

Harriet: I just came here to comment on Lynlee's post!

(((Lynlee))) letting go can be hard. I hope you can focus on the happy memories, like the dragonflies and butterflies changing your day around.

I love those old aerial photos of farms. I'm glad your family were able to afford to buy it. There was one in the pizza place behind our home in the village and I used to just stare at it and imagine what the village was like before our subdivision was built over the farm. Our church was at the top of the photo and the old farmhouse (long gone) and road were at the bottom. One of the fenceposts in the photo was still there on the corner of my lot, a connection to the past.

I'm up and dressed. I've unloaded the dishwasher, tidied the bedroom and spent too much time online.

I've been up for 3.5 hours at this point and am not having any symptoms. I'm going to try to write an alternative church service now. I have 28 hours to finish it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:03 am

Good morning!

I need to get moving this a.m., just like every other morning!

Sitch? I can tell I don't watch TV much. Is this a new bit of jargon that I've picked up, Harriet? The sitch here is that we are having a bunch of people over on Monday afternoon and I gotta get moving today!

-change clothes and walk the poor impatient ddog
-weeding? or is it too hot already? (I should have been moving earlier! :evil: )
-breakfast, meds and vitamins
-make the bed
-start a lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:52 am

Twins' it's just one of those "how-old-the-kids-were" things, where some adults know it and some don't. Kim Possible was a popular Disney tv cartoon when dd was about age 5 through 10. Disney also made an animated movie called "A Sitch in Time". Kim was an ordinary-seeming (middle? high?) schoolgirl who would get a call on her phone, ask "So, What's the Sitch?", and be told about some earth-threatening evil doer. She and her friends would go off and save the world. They weren't superheros, just smart. The naked mole rat for a pet was memorable, maybe.

At Comic-Con 2018, a month or so ago, secrets about an upcoming live-action Kim Possible movie were revealed. So now it's a "thing" again. I'm sure Disney people are thinking that the young tv viewers from those days have grown up to have movie-going money now, plus maybe they could get a whole new crop of young fans, too.

My sitch is that the young man is coming for supper - not too big a deal. I'd like to get some straightening done, but dd will cook for them. They'll have a curry that won't work for us - HRH doesn't like curry in the first place. So I need to think about what he and I will eat. Dd is dropping by grocery on the way home after 2.

Right now laundry is about to need folding.

I slept 9 hours last night. Although I did go to bed earlier than usual, it was still a surprise.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 am

One of the men who used to play Trivia with us was one of the writers on "Kim Possible", Harriet. But eventually that job went away when the show finished. Now he writes books. But none that I'd read I'm thinking.

Had breakfast at dsonil's this morning. He likes to cook, breakfasts in particular, but hasn't had anyone to cook for. DS-A, DDIL & dgs6 are here camping this weekend so there were a few of us. Very cool and windy and now I'm in the nice warm confines of our RV. Need to get busy and get something done however. We're 'watching' little dog for our next door neighbors while they go to Erie, PA to see his brother-in-law. He fell off a high ladder while trimming a tree. Broke his back in 5 places, several ribs, his collar bone and some damage to his lungs.

I just remembered I need to post a praise in J&C so guess I'll do that and then get busy.

Our friendly 'cooking friend' from here just brought us bean soup for our lunch. Smells and looks luscious (as always). Also brought me a cook book to copy some soup recipes from. Yum! If they turn out as good as his, we'll be very happy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 am

Waving to everyone, errand day. I did a pupa. I have heard if Kim P. Brands liked it when they were here. I slept in till nearly 8. Neighbors dogs were quiet. :mrgreen:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Yep, Harriet, my kids must have missed that window, although it's a useful phrase!

I am so glad to report that I finished that weeding in the front, and and even googled the offending weed, finding out it is Chamberbit or gripeweed. It's been growing rampant in our mulch in front of the azaleas, looking almost like ground cover and now it's gone, at least for awhile.

Ds came by here to practice his shofar blowing. He will be one of the shofar blowers for the services at temple this year.

Need to get moving again....
-make the bed
-hot glue the wreath
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter (this is after the wreath gets put together)
-throw the bathroom rugs into the washer
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Been removing books from bookcases. Some I'm taking south to go in our church's library. Some down south for our bookcases there and some I'm having dh take to our 'library' here at the campground. I want to 'repurpose' one bookcase by putting it in my closet. Think I can 'stack' things a little better by doing that. Starting the wind-down process of getting things ready for closing up -albeit still 7/8 weeks away.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:54 pm

I think I am going to go on to the grocery store now. That doesn't mean I won't need another trip tomorrow...but...

well rats, the rain is coming down so I'll keep working a bit.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:28 pm

I made a pretty vegetable casserole. So it's available if dd wants it on the table with her curry meal. I believe it would go well with that, but she may have plenty in her menu, or want to be an Indian-style purist today. It's ready for me for the next few days if she doesn't need it.

I've folded one load and another load is near ready. Printed out the bulletin for Sun and got my notebook ready-er.

Another TaDa was putting a get-well card into the mail to a study friend who tripped over tiny-toddler in her kitchen, hit her face and bit through her lip. Ugh. ER for her, poor thing, with stitches inside the mouth. I was so glad to hear that a neighbor was close by and could help her fast.

Return to “Post When You Can”