Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I have been working pretty steadily all day. I'm starting a list for tomorrow morning. I've done two loaves of challah and the gelfilte fish is in the oven. I'm down to cleaning off the desk and my stack of stuff on the kitchen counter by my computer. I also need to sweep garage and a few other things.

We had another big storm move in. The pillows and chair cushions on my back patio were soaked from the storm yesterday - when I went out there this a.m in pajamas my seat was soaking wet. Once the sun came around I laid them out on the grass to dry - there was water pouring from some of them - then had to take them up again. Whatever. I'm not stressing I guess. If people don't like the fact that we're very crowded they can always leave early.

DD is distracting me worrying about what to wear. We talked about it about a week ago and I thought she had it all squared away.

I remembered Mystery representing us at Shelley's funeral recently.

Thank you for the Rosh Hashana new year wishes!

I'm going to tackle the desk and papers, may be a stash and dash in my future now!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Well I’ve spent much of my morning cleaning the kitchen twice. I didn’t do my pots and stuff last night and left them to soak in the sink. Something I seldom do. Then I start dinner for tonight.

Since I’m not always feeling well Sweeties home cooked dinners have suffered. So this morning I mad Sweetie one of his favorite meals... gumbo, rice and cornbread all from scratch. All of it is done and I only have to reheat some of it later for dinner..

The men’s US open for tennis final comes in and a few minutes and some matches last as long as five hours if it’s a good one. This way I don’t have to worry about getting Sweeties dinner ready.

I watched the women’s final while on my gazelle and was able to get in my 10k steps. My mom is a great tennis fan having picked up the game at 55 and played for 20’years, I don’t, so watching the matches gives us something to talk abt besides her ailments:D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Aw, Sunny. I'm sorry you lost that, but maybe the repair can work well.

blessed, I am still amazed that your dh is not particularly a VIP in his sisters' eyes. Or at least an on-the-same-level VIP. I find it odd that siblings distinguish themselves this way, and aren't concerned that he will "get his back up" (local expression, maybe) if his family is not treated the same as other siblings' families. Thinking of you tonight as you attend. It's good to have you here posting.

Today at church was back-and-forth. Some parts good and others yucky. I'm expected tonight. Dd can't go - she must work. I really don't want to go, since the morning wasn't an optimistic time.

My study friend who fell was present. Her bruise is extensive, poor thing - across the entirety of her lower front of face/chin. I told her very honestly that I was so proud of her for just going ahead with her normal life and not staying home if she doesn't want to. I told her she is better looking than the rest of us in general ;) so she can afford to have a bruise and still look sharp. I couldn't tell that she had stitches at all - they did a marvelous job with that. I suppose there could be plastic surgery in her future, but, hey ... .. maybe when all the discoloration is gone she wont really need it, and wouldn't that be wonderful.

We went out to eat with dstepson and dstepdil for lunch. Since a meal is part of the church thing this evening, the fact that I was really stuffed after lunch is another reason I don't feel like going. We stopped by their house on the way back so I could see their little MaltiPoo who had to have significant tooth extractions. She doesn't remember it, they think, so that has worked out great. She was a happy camper, though I feel she is licking her lips all the time. Don't know if that's good.

Ramblin' I hope all your dm's favorites do well.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Game day SO glad I did not have the open house in this time slot. Feeling. A bit on the puny side also. 80* Sony outside. Did a shorted walk with dog to see what chain saw noise was o. The next block over a tree is coming down I think looked like it had bad wood in it. Watered out back and in the front I need to water the side yard next. At half time will head to the shower, and do master bathroom daily spiff chores.Lunch is over.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm

***Holiday Planning 2018***

thread is up in The Creative Home forum. This can be for any special-occasion planning like birthdays, too, of course, but this calendar moment is specifically interesting because of some "starts" tomorrow.

There are links so that you can "slide" to 3 holiday plans online,
* 2 of which are finishing up planning/question time today and start in earnest tomorrow, and
* 1 of which begins Oct 21.

Check it out! Let us know any bright ideas you may have.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 pm

My Saturday night was spent reading, with snoozing until 9ish. I skipped church. The day was mostly a bust. Read another book.
finished the packet of biscuits I was given on Saturday - this is why I ort not have any of those - ever.

washed hair and early (for me) to bed. slept through - also a first for me to get ?8hrs sleep since early 90s.
I'm still hung over. That is possibly my blood sugar out of wack, or the big day on Saturday.

dsisil rang me, asking me to post back a teaching aid that she passed on from an 85yo who wants it 'published'.
I am so glad to do that as to code it will need a heap of usage instructions that are not supplied.

must run. yoga.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Didn't nap today but am off to bed now at 8.

I'm exhausted but got through the service. Didn't finish it until 3:10 (it was at 5.) We were out the door at 3:45 and caught up in traffic. Some bike race. Got to the church at 4:20 and were mostly ready for 5. Started the service at 5:15 because people didn't arrive on time again.

Still we had a decent turn out and I think it went better than last time.

One of my favourites has died in the building so I'm sad. That's 2 in 2 weeks but at least this one was not unexpected.

Good night.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Enjoy yoga, Lynlee. That really was an unusual night for you.

Kathryn, I'm so sorry to hear you had a death in your building. Expected or not, that's difficult after so recently losing someone.

I did not attend the evening study. The reasons to stay away kept mounting. Ds called with a need to use my better printer for cardstock. When he finished with that, he wanted to flop down in a chair and breathe a while - I think he's been rushed. We ended up enjoying a longer visit with him and there's value in that.

Several folks we know are at the coast now, battening down hatches of either extended family homes or their own vacation homes. Things look chancy with storm situation there in the coming week.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi!

A very busy day here spent outside for most of it.

Dh had the chainsaw going. Dh had the log splitter going. Dh had an axe and a hatchet nearby. He prepped at least 1 cord of wood, which to me has no physical size, because I just know it's at least 1 row in our woodshed. I would be curious to know why dh calls it a woodshed, when it's just the overhang on one side of an actual shed. I know he refers to the entire building as the shed, but it's a shed in 3 parts. Middle part has a door and it's 10' x 10'. Then on the left there is the wood storage area. It's just a continuation of the roof with some posts on one edge. The other side is almost all protected, but would probably fit a small car. We store the wood splitter in there for most of the year.

I just had a shower. When I got out I could smell smoke. It was the clothes that I had taken off and they were in a pile waiting to go into the washing machine. I burnt a LOT of wood today. Anything that dh cut that had something knot-like got tossed in the fire. I also had most of a small pine tree that had been laying around for at least a month.

I'm sure we will both sleep well tonight. Dh made "BBQ" ribs on the stove with carrots and rice as side dishes. We are expecting one heck of a rain storm from the tropical depression.

Our neighbour's house has been sold.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Had a great weekend with the dgrands — But sooo tired today. Just now heading out to Wmart... and our internet is out, so will have to call about that when we get home.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”