Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 am

Name your own Sunday today, as you like it. I'm working on Rosh Hashanah party prep - today is "Erev Rosh Hashanah" so I'll be busy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

What a quiet day in the village! I have my second loaf of challah in the breadmaker, first is in the oven. Later I'll make the gelfilte fish appetizer. I'm kind of all over the place right now.

-clear kitchen counters and breakfast bar counter
-make the bed
-brush and floss teeth (will s2s later)
-go out and pick up poop in yard (Yuck, and it's hot and humid and it won't get easier.)
-clean a lantern type thing on the front porch
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:42 pm

howdy.
kitchen daily is done. the house - oh my - the dogs must of created 3 more dogs while I was away (dog tumbleweeds). dh tried vacuuming but couldn't keep up. :D

listening to a study and ready to do some morning routines.
hi d twins. yay on challah! And Happy rosh Hashanah eve to you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:44 pm

I can't seem to go future back to respond to everyone. but I am cheering you on!!!!

next beds. Yes late! 8-)
I have to swish and swipe but terrified to look :shock: :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:20 pm

I slept in today not up til just before eight a m. Breakfast is over. We have been talking about house plans my spin on it is not having to get on a ladder to clean window, dust ledges get cobwebs down from cathreadeal ceilings. We are not getting any younger, thought of a storage cubby over the kitchen or bedroom in the rafters area. Sort of put a no key wrench in his ideas luckily it was before he drew it out.

Had a low in the nite full moon week.

Happy Rosh Hashanha to those of you that are celebrating.

Waving to all who follow.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Yes, sending wishes for Rosh Hoshanah to Twins and anyone else. Also a belated Happy Birthday to Mr. Sunny yesterday. See it was also "Mystery's" birthday yesterday. Been a long time since she's posted.

Having trouble with our furnace in the RV. Oddly dneighbors went on the fritz last night as well. Sounding very similar. Dh will call our 'go-to' guy for RV problems. But it might be a while before he can get out here. There's a big RV show in Hershey, PA this coming week and most of these guys will be there, prepping RV's that have been sold. We do have 2 electric heaters we can use if we have to. Our furnace is just extremely noisy all of a sudden -kind of almost like a jet engine. Dh couldn't hear it until he put in his hearing aids this morning. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello
hi d Nancy! hope you are able to have a good night sleep tonight without any lows or highs!
no ladders to second floor is our motto now. I have a long pole the I put a rag on and a brush.

hi d Dee!
hope the furnace is okay

have a great day everyone.
emptied all the luggage - I will have lots of laundry for tomorrow
I still have to do a put away (little stuff on the kitchen table.)
dd younger has to take up her stuff that's on the church bench.

take care see you later :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:59 pm

going to party at dh's family. Ddyounger is very nervous and I have to admit I am really apprehensive after the last time telling me what I could and can't do re: going to party far away. I have to be strong but in a sure of myself kind of way but also direct but kind. dh is afraid to speak up but I told him I may have to this time. I am just afraid they will completely cut us out but I have to be okay with that. I need for me to be courages but firm and kind. And not get flustered. please pray for me to have peace and confidence. and for dd younger to be less nervous.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Twins - I'm enjoying following along with your Rosh Hashanah party prep.

After 3 tries, our church gave up on having an all-church-lake-day this year. It has been rescheduled 3 times due to the weather. They finally decided to have the fish fry indoors and cancel doing the boating/swimming activities this year. DH left at 6:30 this morning to start cooking the fish. I didn't get an official count, but I'm guessing by the looks of the crowd that there were over 300 people attending the service & fish fry luncheon. I opted to not eat there because choosing to eat no sugar/no flour at a potluck can be hit or miss. I'm sure I could have found plenty to eat there, but I prefer to eat my home cooked food.

Since everyone was still at church eating, I used this opportunity to go sit with DMom and listen to her talk....and talk...and talk with no time restriction. After sitting with her for a couple hours, I thought she was about done because she stopped talking non-stop. So I told her I was going to leave, and that seemed to re-energize her because she followed me out to my car and started talking non-stop again. I reminded myself what a blessing it is to have my Mom alive and doing so well.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello, Good Sunday to all. I wanted to check in here in between raindrops. It has been raining and grumbling off and on all day.

Dson#2 stopped in yesterday after his work and tried to hook up our tv to the new digital cable box, but our tv and vcr are so old they have the old connectors. So he has to get an adapter of some kind. He came today for a little while to mow and trim grass, but it started storming, so he just visited for a while. He also brought us some meat from their local meat market, and a couple of souveniers from ddil and dgd's trip to Scotland.

Thank you, Dee. I thought of Mystery too. We had a quiet day.

Yesterday afternoon I looked down at my hand and noticed a dark spot on the ring I was wearing. Turns out I had lost one of the tiny diamonds from it. This ring is just over 60 years old, the one I got for graduation from eighth grade. It makes me sad and I will have to get it fixed the first chance I get.

Just doing a little puttering around today. We ate breakfast while watching church online. I folded and dh put away his clean clothes, mine are in the dryer now, I've checked the calendar for the week. If the rain holds off for a few more minutes I will attach the registration sticker to the Impala license plate after I post. We're just relaxing now and listening to a cd of hymns.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”