MONDAY MOTION

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MOTION

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 am

Just keep your body in motion -that's what all the 'experts' say. So, whatever you have to do move that body just a little bit more.

Got up at 5:45 & took T-med and went back to bed. Was kinda listening for dh so I'd be up for when he needed to use the bed for his exercise. Hate the few times that he's gotten up and done them on the floor because I was still sleeping. That doesn't happen often.

Been raining since the wee hours. Know we've had at least an inch so far. But thankfully probably nothing compared to what they've had south and will have later this week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: MONDAY MOTION

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:16 am

Happy Birthday, dKathryn. Just keep on taking care of yourself and have a good day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:27 am

Happy Birthday Kathryn!

I am up and going strong. My SHE cards are a bit overwhelming right now because I got behind with several days in a row of out-of-house activities. I will just focus on doing the next card and hopefully, the cards will catch up with real life in a couple of days.

I have added the time it takes to complete a card to each of my cards. Most of them I just estimated and will update the time as I actually time each card. However, I'm not sure how motivating it is to me to know how much time it takes. Especially when I get behind in doing the cards like I am now. I am looking at a time of 14 hours and 37 minutes to get caught up. Ugh. I'm not sure I wanted to know that.

Today is Homeschool Day #39. Let the fun begin!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:56 am

I'm up and 'moving'. Doc (dh's cohort) was here and they loosened up my sink faucet. :o Says I: "Stop, stop, stop there's water running!" We now have everything out of the cupboards and Doc came back to help dh. He can't reach back there with his bad arm. Guess it's a good thing it's raining as Doc doesn't have anything pressing to do. They're trying to tighten nuts, etc. As it was we don't have the furnace running and are waiting on a call from our repairman for that. You know.....when one thing goes everything else does too. Our RV is 7 years old already -didn't we just buy it?

Editing: Well I WANTED :roll: ;) to rearrange those cupboards. Now I'll also have a load of towels to wash -but I'm not going to do it today. We've had well over an inch of rain so far and it just keeps coming. This all has well assured me of 'motion'. In the midst of it all we discovered my spin mop has broken and repairable. I did have another mop outside so we're using that.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 am

Good morning everyone! Yesterday, we did make church, but the rest of DD16's day was spent studying for today's finals. While she did that, I ran errands and spent more than really affordable. However, except for one unplanned purchase, all was needed and planned. The unplanned one was from a Halloween store. My fog machine broke a few years ago and I have been hoping to get another. When I found one for half of what I expected, I bought it. I need to do more yard work, but can't. The trash can is still overflowing from prior yardwork. I did some cleanup in the kitchen, but you really can't tell. Will do more tonight. I have to add sewing room closet cleanup to my party list, the new cats have knocked stuff over and out.

The big WTF got done - party invitations printed and given to DD. I had dinner with a friend and was able to give her some legal advice. No, I am not practicing law without a license, I told her about the student legal aid office. Real lawyers will help her.

Tonight's plan: further party cleanup, church webwork, and bills and budget (including checkbook balance).

At payroll, I have already had to deal with a daily load fail. I think I know what caused it and how to prevent future occurrences. I have 85 work emails to contend with, and 99 home ones.

Harriet: Pet dental work is done under general anesthesia, there is nothing for the dog to remember except the trip to the vet.

How did the party go for blessedw2?

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:55 am

Happy birthday Kathryn!!

I have been in some sort of motion since around 6:30ish. Tossed the load from the washer into the dryer. Turned on dishwasher. Hung some clothes to dry. Had a cup of hot tea and a serving of Greek yogurt with strawberries in it. Did some knitting.

Filled the sink with hot, soapy water. Washed the stuff in the sink. Put away dishes from dishwasher. Put away dishes from dish drainer. Took clothes out of dryer. Emptied small compost bin from kitchen into the large compost bin in the back of the back yard.

Rain finally stopped.

No idea what we are having for supper tonight. It's very cool here, which is nice. It also means that I can use the oven. Hmmm... tuna casserole tonight I think.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 am

Rain finally stopped.
Oh good, Cathy -there's hope. We're almost at 1 1/2" here. BTW, I'm crossing the bridge to your house for dinner! :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 am

Happy Birthday dearest Kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Good morning to all of you!

hello d dee! sending you a good morning! yay on rain stopping
hello d lady! remember you don't have to catch up on the cards! start afresh today - file and forget it. Let the fun begin... love that.
hello d elizabeth! yay on getting those invitations done. and your other work.
hello to all.

well the party - I will put in members only. not important but is what it is.

I woke up late - time to work. wishing you all a great day!

it's 11:15 here already. I woke up close to 10:00
morning routine next
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Happy birthday Kathryn I hope your day is a blessed one.

I am up some better. Have done planning and journal. So glad I half the house up over the weekend makes for a much more pleasant day.
I need to go finish boiled eggs for lunches. Will head outside in a bit when it warms up more. Cooler temps this week.

Return to “Post When You Can”