MONDAY MOTION

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: MONDAY MOTION

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Happy Birthday to Kathryn!

Reposting this from yesterday :

***Holiday Planning 2018***

thread is up in The Creative Home forum. This can be for any special-occasion planning like birthdays, too, of course, but this calendar moment is specifically interesting because of some "starts" tomorrow.

There are links so that you can "slide" to 3 holiday plans online,
* 2 of which are finishing up planning/question time today and start in earnest tomorrow, and
* 1 of which begins Oct 21.

Check it out! Let us know any bright ideas you may have.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:47 pm

waving hi d harriet and d nancy

home for the holidays... thank you for starting us on our adventure to the holidays

happy rosh Hashanah dearest twins and family!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Happy birthday, Kathryn!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Trying to decide whether to head out for PT -has it stopped raining enough? I have things from our cupboards sitting all over the place. Waiting till later to rearrange and put it all back together, giving cupboards and floor plenty of time to thoroughly dry. Have our electric vacillating on the kitchen side to help things dry out. So that's in motion even if I'm not.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh, hello Dove!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Happy Rosh Hashana, Twins!

I’m not in much motion yet but I have high hopes. Phone man should be here late this afternoon.

Looking at my cards, I’m thinking 2.5 hours would really make a HUGE difference around here. That would catch up the WHB nicely plus monthly windex on the bathroom mirrors and front/back storm doors.

Also need to make a couple phone calls...
(On cell phone!)

Elizabeth — did I say something about Model T car parts? I don’t know what I said — or if I even read your reply correctly! — but no, ddad didn’t have anything that old! A 1963 Pontiac Catalina — that’s the prize item in his garage. And it belongs to duncle now. I’m sure dmom will store it till his death or her death, whichever comes first, and then dbro and I will store it till ours, LOL. Anyway... car and car parts are just a tiny fraction of the hoard at dmom's
Tomorrow is another day.

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi Harriet :) ! Peeking in before lunch. Waving ~~~~ to all. Dh is calling -- he's hungry :mrgreen:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:42 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHRYN!

And a Belated Happy Birthday to Sunny's DH. I did put a card in the mail on his day but we've been having problems with Saturday Deliveries and mail didn't get delivered or picked up. So it is on its way today. Since online stores have been using the post office for some of their deliveries I see the PO truck traveling around our area on Sundays and sometimes in the evening. But since that's been happening sometimes our mail doesn't get delivered till 5-6:00PM and on Saturdays once in a while not at all. Anybody else noticing problems like this?

Hello Dove! Nice to see you here.

Yesterday I checked the beach report and we tried to get to the beach... first time this summer..... but the report was not accurate. There was supposed to be no fish on the sand but there were quite a number of little silver minnows and a big one or two we saw. The water was supposed to be "dark" but we found it not only dark but murky and unhealthy looking so we didn't go in. We went to our local harbor, which is where our river empties into the harbor and that was less than great too. We don't get any of the water problems like the salt beaches do, but we're finding the local govt. is not keeping the area up very well. It needs sand re-nourishment and landscaping work. We got a swim in but the whole day was disappointing.

Today's the same as usual and I did go to bank, but now I must travel to county office to pick up papers. We finished 1 job and got paid, now another one starts, and as usual I am a bit anxious about it.

Keeping an eye on the weather channels. See the Carolinas are going to get slammed somewhere with something that doesn't look good.... and there is 1 storm out of another couple that I'm watching but it does not look so ominous re: speed and path (so far at least). Reminds me that I need to get some supplies at the store, easy things to cook just in case, as I have not done that so far this year. Sure hate to wait till something bad's coming because stores are just zoos at that time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm

hello d harmony!
hello d dove!
hello d lucy!
hello d all!

did a lot of put away from packing. I have tons of laundry still.
did 1 " of paperwork
listed my spending :shock:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 pm

I got my previous post written and had to hit submit because I heard HRH calling. I can't get any one thing done before another seems to "call", either a true voice or some other type of deadline or crisis. :roll:

Harmony's right. One thing I wanted to tell you all is my current "this may be a thing":

that Hurricane Florence MAY be affecting my area soon. Soon meaning Thursday into Friday with Friday the tough day at my (very inland) house. Of course the "track" is the thing, and many experiences of the past have told us all that anything can happen to take the pressure off one area and put it on another. But this time the "track" predictions are within a tight range which seems to be saying "hello" to our general area. Hmmm... .. I have emailed dd38 and left it open that she may come to us bringing the "kit", bringing the "kaboodle", or bringing extra kit and kaboodle, whatever's needed.

She is definitely my family member who is most in the eye of the storm/situation, though still inland. HRH's sister has a vacation home within the "potential landfall" area at the coast but will not go there. Dd38's family situation would be complicated by another thing I haven't mentioned here, which is that her nearby dmil (who has lots of other family, too, of course - not just dsonil) is now on dialysis that happens in her home.

Return to “Post When You Can”