Tuesday Turn up the music

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday Turn up the music

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am

Back online! Thank you, telephone man. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:50 am

Woohoo, LucyLee!

In there's always something more to do category: Dh got a letter from the Dr who's doing his surgery the 24th. He ordered some labs and an EKG to be done in the 'outpatient cardiology' department of said hospital. So I called his office and got "Millie" :lol: she laughed when she heard our names. (Dh has talked to her many, many times while they were trying to straighten out some dates with this Dr.) So, we're definitely on a 'first name basis' at this point. At any rate she said the EKG definitely should be done by dh's cardiologist's office. So now it's 'wait and see' for an appointment for them. Nice thing is the lab is right across the street and my rehab is upstairs from the lab so we'll do all 3 at some point. Now to actually get an appointment for the EKG.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:57 am

Morning...

Belated Happy birthday Kathryn!!!
Thinking of you as well Harriet, I have several very good friends in the path of the storm

Somber day for me... I lost several friends in 9/11. One was on the 106th floor of the first building. All they recovered
was Danny’s American Express card and his money clip with $400 in it. Fifteen meme era of my church perished along with150 people from my community.

I remember sitting here in AZ watching the towers burning and turning to Sweetie and saying.... I am watching my friends die in real time, I just don’t know which ones.

One of my friends was in the second tower on the 76th floor. They took the elevator to the 42nd floor.... the elevator only goes that far and then you have to transfer to an other on to get to the ground floor ..only to be told to go back.

Fortunately his wife called him once he got back to his office and told him what was happening and told him to get the hell out. He was emergency trained, a fire fighter with my brother, so he went back down thinking he could help with the rescue. When he reached the bottom floor the police told him to run and get the heck out of there....three minutes later the second tower came down.

It a turn it up day for me. I started working on my closet when Sweetie asked me to stop and watch Lawrence of Arabia with him... it’s on of my all time favor movies. And since he seldom does that I left the closet for today.

Funny story ... when that movie came out I was 12, and our church took us to see the movie. Sitting next to me was my best friend and she just mooned over Peter O’toole saying.... someday I’m going to Marry him. Dang if she didn’t. Who knew a little girls dream would come true. And their son Lorcan is the spitting image of his dad.

Waving to y’all. Off to get my second cup of coffee. Perry is on his way.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 am

waving hello ~~~~~~~ *\o/* cheering you all today!
I woke up late again and missed my hair appointment.

hello hello - the hills are alive with the sound of us running up the music and working together... did you appreciate my singing.

today:

morning routine - I haven't even started :shock: ;)
fitness routine - including evening yoga
animal routine
laundry routine
paper routine
dinner routine
clutter check

put away all the stuff on the church bench and pie cabinet in front hall.
finish upstairs home blessing
after dinner clean up 1/2 an hour on photos.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 am

Home again. Appreciative of a comfortable lounge with big chairs. Pleased I did not have the hot chocolate but stayed with my treat of a book.

Reading about brain waves made me think of Kathryn. It's remarkable how our brains waves work. The comparison was to a stadium with a microphone hung over the middle. Through the day no pattern could be figured out from all the conversation/work of all the parts of the brain. But during non-rapid eye movement sleep, the pattern is clear, as the repair work for the evening is being done, and the choosing and discarding for memory as well. Every part of the brain "agrees" to one rhythm of busyness, as if everyone in a stadium spoke at the same time and stopped at the same time in a concerted effort to make an important recording, ebbing and flowing. We used to think NREM sleep was no different from a stupor, but now we know this is careful work - a sleep prescription of recovery for the brain and sculpting of memory. Fascinating.

The A T and T contract guys are here today, ahead of the storm. They say we will not be cut off from civilization because of anything they do today, lol. HRH says that is a promise they shouldn't make because the existing line is along the new and could easily be cut. Sigh.

Thanks for reminder thinking, Harmony and for good wishes everyone. The mass evacuations so far in advance are weird, but in a way comforting, too. The only moment of true pause I've had was when one forecaster said "COULD be as bad as Hazel". That word will get my attention. Hazel was the hurricane my parents/grandparents remembered as the worst of the worst, showing up a couple years before i did. And I've never heard anyone compare against it except to say, "not as bad as". My father would start conversations about how other storms paled in comparison, by leaning back, looking off into the distance as though he was going to tell a ghost story, and saying, "I remember when Hazel whistled up through here." :|

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:11 am

d rose... what that friend of yours lived through. praying for everyone.

d twins so happy the party was a success!

d kathryn how fun for the concert!

d lucy... t yay that your phone is fixed.

d dee - how sad that they could no longer do the ambulance.

d nancy yay on only have 10 pieces of paperwork

d helia - I saw you posted but I can't seem to go back to read it. (same with d lady and d harriet) wishing you a great day as well.

praying for d harriet to be safe and that her home is safe as well.

wishing you all a wonderful day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:30 am

Harriet... they are predicting that this hurricane will be equal to or worse than Hurricane Hazel. Hazels winds were 130mph and already Florence’s winds are predicted to be at least 140 mph so I suggest you need to prepare to hang on to your hat, cause this could top your father’s stories. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:02 pm

I have been puttering around. Dd came by to talk and visit (and took 1/2 of a leftover cake to the temple to freeze for there) and had brisket for her brunch. Also took a big bowl of berries for later. I couldn't sit here aimlessly on the computer while I talked to her so I cleared/cleaned the back "dry" kitchen counters and stove top while we talked. I also cleared the breakfast bar counters and kitchen table and started a load of laundry of table clothes and dish towels. So things are coming back together gradually.

I might even do a nap soon. I am tired today.

Sorry I missed Kathryn's birthday! Happy Happy Birthday to you, Kathryn!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Even I remember Hazel. She came right up through where I grew up in lower/central NY. Then went on and caused lots of devastation in the Adirondacks. Remember an Uncle getting married by candle light that night. Also remember having to go 'over town' somewhere to get my db and make sure he got home ahead of it hitting us.

Time to get my dishes done. Was going to do them a while ago but had to turn the water heater back on for a while longer. Should be plenty hot by now.

Cardiologist's office called back and I'm dropping dh off for his EKG tomorrow afternoon. Then we're going across the street for his labs and my rehab. Nice that we can get it all done in one trip.

Friend from here, we just learned, broke his hip yesterday -trying to ride a hover board. Really? :roll: Texted dgd23 that he's at her hospital and asked her to stop in and see him. Actually dh might take a run down there while I'm in rehab. It's less than 1/2 a mile away. They were supposed to leave to go back to FL in less than 2 weeks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:18 pm

I had posted fast last time, heeding hrh's opinion, as soon as I heard their ditchwitch start up . Just seconds passed and Internet went out poof. Long time on cell with friend helping, trying to get a t and t To e even understand. Sigh.

Return to “Post When You Can”