Working Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Working Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 am

I have to grab my timer and turn off the computer.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 am

Yesterday was Monday, right?
Good try, Twins. Nope, it was Tuesday and I see you at last have today right! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S) ARE IN ORDER: Have a very good day, HRH and Blessedw/2! (I do have the right day I hope). I might be as 'off' as Twins.

I didn't sleep well last night and made myself stay in the recliner from about 7am until nearly 9:30. I come out as soon as I wake up hoping to get out of the bed before dh needs it for part of his exercise routine.

Hope you keep getting better, Kathryn. Worry about you!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am

A late trip to WMart when dd got off work last evening, and the 3 of us had a lot of amusement and disbelief. More nude shelves (and floorspace we used to think was shelving before it was nude) than even the last time several years back when we were in a similar situation. Employees were meeting customers in the grocery area with apologies. But we got a lot done - I was mostly thinking some extra canned goods and by taking second choices we were fine with that. Paper Plates was one puzzle - I don't believe there is a paper plate left anywhere. A few thoughts for HRH's birthday were just postponed, too, for various reasons. We gassed up the truck.

But of course as time passes we knew the track was potentially shifting and today looks different. Ds is thinking out what this means, if anything, for his department. He says the planning is for a catastrophic event, period, so no matter what, he plans to spend his weekend at the dept. There's just the balance between fallen trees and flooding worry that shifts around.

Today dgs7 has a half-day of school, so I will be there at his bus stop to pick him up by 11:50. Ds suggests (to help his worried wife stay calm) that I text her when I arrive at bus stop. I have no problem with this. He says she's also worried I will think she is crazy or a control freak. I told him she's not that unusual - given any reason at all, I would revert to an overprotective mother myself. Dgs will be with us until 2:45.

Hi, Dee! you are right about HRH. All is postponed for him, however! (he doesn't want anything at ALL, so this suits him fine!) Thank you for reminding about blessed's day!

Happy Birthday, blessedw2!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:17 am

Went off track and scrubbed out the detergent dispenser area of my washer. What a mess of science experiments growing in that dampness! And the kitchen counter is clean/clear enough that I can check it off as cleaned in a.m. routine.

Need to replace the washer insides and start another load and head out...

Happy Birthday HRH and bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:15 pm

My home IS a science experiment!
lol d twins that made me laugh.

hi d harriet is it your dh's birthday Happy birthday!!!!
so cute about your d dil worrying - every mother in the world totally understands! have fun with d grandson!!!

I hope you sleep better tonight!!! d dee!

hi d rose - have fun at your favourite store. hope you have fun today!

my bday is next week...but I am keeping the day secret lol. :lol: 8-) thank you thank you.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm

morning routine (except vacuum first floor and vacuum dust and surface rinse kitchen floor)
dd younger is making dinner for work tonight.
I am antsy to finish but will wait until she is done.
I also want to eat lunch.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Good morning everyone! At payroll, I have finished a new report, uploaded it and informed the users. Last night I had to do a better job of blocking the attic access. Loki was looking down on me. That's about all I got done, but because I used stuff in the sewing room to block it, it helped clean up that room. I had to take another Benadryl after that and I am sleepy today as a result.

My car is in the shop a block from work and will require $917 worth of repairs, $100 of which is my deductible. I will pick it up sometime this afternoon. I have an appointment 9/24 to get the repairs done and they will need it for 3.5 days. One DPC will be to the car rental company (also covered by insurance). The good news is that there was no significant damage under the car. I need a new bumper and light grill. Now, I won't have to be reminded of the dog everytime I walk into my garage.

Tonight is a board meeting for the animal org. I will probably have dinner with a board friend. I should do some church webwork in honor of anti-procrastination day, but may not have time. I would like to get the most annoying stuff off the party cleanup list: laundry room doors and hallway, but may not get to that either.

Harriet: It is possible that paper plates could be found at Staples in the breakroom supply section. Certainly party supply places will have them. Office supply stores are great place to find batteries after everyone else has run out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:27 pm

HELLO ELIZABETH!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Happy Birthday HRH!!

My records show Blessedw2 birthday is Sept 17th.

Did I miss Helia's DD20 birthday? She was 19 yrs old the last time I remember. (but my memory can't always be trusted!!!)

This morning has progressed mostly smoothly and highly productive. It feels WONDERFUL to have a calm mind, plenty of energy and just do the next thing. I feel like I have fought through a lake of mud to reach this point, so I am just taking a moment to reflect. I don't want to go backward. I continue to learn what does NOT work, and put into practice what does work for the way my brain and body work.

Homeschool Day #41 is finished. DS10 did all 7 subjects today.
I'm making good progress on my SHE cards. 84 completed so far today.

Today I implemented a "Dog of the Day" card to remind me to give extra time and focus to one of the dogs instead of always treating them as a group. I recently got a new set-up for dog leash which lets my hands be free and helps keep the dog by my left side. DS10 and I trade off "wearing" the dog belt/leash. We will see if this will help Sam destructive habits. Sam has now added 2 more wooden cages and AN ENTIRE dog house to the list of items he has destroyed. DH and I talked again this morning about whether we want to get rid of Sam but we are united in our decision to keep him. DH has now started the construction of metal cages to replace the wooden cages he previously built that go around the a/c units and generator.

I am feeling the need to use a paper calendar for a while. Yesterday we added 4 medical appointments for DMIL this month (we take her to appointments) and also added 4 more activities for DS10. I want to be able to "touch and feel" the calendar when it is so busy so I can get a different perspective and hopefully keep up with it.

This afternoon has possible overlapping appointments. I might be able to make it back from DS10 Band class in time to get DGD7 from school but I can't be sure. DH has agreed to be late to one of his events in order to stay in town & pick up DGD7 from school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm

hello d lady!

I missed d harriets dd's birthday???

glad you had a good morning d lady!
It feels WONDERFUL to have a calm mind, plenty of energy and just do the next thing.
Awesome!
I like that dog of the day card! I like that a lot! sounds like he needs good runs in the morning and evening. our youngest a shep/lab big girl did the same and the vet suggested getting her a good run. we had a back pack on her for every walk to tire her out - first with one can of soup each side - not too heavy but gives them a job. also bottle waters for you and her. it helped us hope it helps you!

great idea re: calendar. to see and and to touch - really great.
have a great day

hi d elizabeth yay on getting the report finished.
I am so sorry that it will cost so much. glad the rental is covered. good luck on the board meeting.
great ideas for d harriet!

Return to “Post When You Can”