Working Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Working Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 pm

finally finally finished vacuuming and rinsing first floor. those dogs and cats are really shedding.
I have to go upstairs and do my home blessing for that area.

I still have to
go to the gym
paperwork routine - not yet my weekly bills etc.
animal brushing (animal routine)
dinner routine - eating out with d mom (I don't want to eat out but she really wants to as she missed us)
Laundry routine: put away dry laundry and dry and put away other load.
photos 30 minutes
check freezer to let go

extra: take the luggage upstairs still and clean laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm

helia's dd19 turned into dd20 a couple months before my dd19 turned into dd20 in August. No, neither event actually seems possible, but we all have to get used to this bizarre situation, don't we? ;) Elizabeth's dd is turning 10 soon, right?

My dear daughter-in-law had me at the bus stop a full half-hour before I ever saw the bus. :lol: Oh, well. This was an unusual half-day schedule that was a little unpredictable.

When we got to the house, dgs7 plopped his bookbag down and announced, "Well, I sure am glad to finally get back to YOUR house, Grandma!" So that's worth, like, a mint.

HRH had left him a hot-wheels gift of a plane that said it did stunts. So we watched "how-to" videos of making paper airplanes and had airplane races for the afternoon. I told ddil we didn't do his reading, but we did study aerodynamics.

Now I feel at loose ends. I probably should look at the weather again and just try envisioning smart moves for the next day or so.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Walk through is done. Store run done. Walked dog at the park and had a sandwich. I dropped off one bag at the thrift shop.
Realtor messaged me but I did not get it bc it was via fb so had to guess when they were done. :roll:
House is un - staged now. I put food away. Hung up a coupe of pieces of laundry.
Put throw rugs back down, bed is back to normal, couch cover is back on.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Posting from the parent room at Band class. Last week I walked the halls of the building while DS10 was in class but I felt a bit weird doing it. They have made it a point telling the parents several times that we are to go sit in the parent's room during class. I decided to be a rule follower and go sit like they instructed. There are positives to following their rule..... An entire hour to get things done without interruption! Of course I came here first to CUOP so it won't be an entire hour spent on getting things done. I do have my priorities, and coming here is definitely one of them!

They have a guest network here but it has a password. ARGH! I can't remember if I have ever connected the laptop to my phone network connection (mobile hotspot). I don't think I have. I have very little data access on my phone so we limit how it is used. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. It took about a minute to set it up and secure it. Easy.

Last week I made a video of the beginning band class to document HOW BAD THEY ARE. Really. REALLY bad. It literally hurts my ears. I can hear them through the walls and they haven't improved any. The band director is either deaf or has the patience of Job.

I need to get busy and quit jabbering. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:01 pm

happy birthday to both smart and beautiful dd's of d harriet and d helia. happy belated.

waving to you d lady at band class parent room!

hi d nancy!!! cheering you as you work.

hi d harriet so so sweet d harriet -
"Well, I sure am glad to finally get back to YOUR house, Grandma!"
love it!

wishing you and everyone a great day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:07 pm

my upstairs blessing is done - it's not perfect great or anything but it is done. dh oh my goodness - on surface he puts things away but my goodness that man is a dirty mess in living. dd older and dd younger had a talk about this last night - actually laughing hysterically. dd younger and I leave our messes out :shock: but are very clean underneath etc. dd older agreed that dh and she are not really clean underneath. All cleaned up with a dirty neck. After coming home it was evident how yucky it was underneath. oh my on dh's bathroom. His car is spotless. dd older is spotless and super organized for work and her business. :D

my laundry has multiple mountains and some foot hills. bulky items and dd youngers camping stuff and gear.

next shower to shoes
bring suitcases upstairs

dd younger is at work-until tonight.
have a meeting on FaceTime at 4:30.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Got home from massage and I got to work and did Pro Gen feedback for others so that's done. I actually did one more than I was supposed to do, got mixed up and did feedback on one group member more than I needed. It's hard to think of positives on some of this work. :o

The "big rocks" of the day: Green = Done
-Massage
-ProGen feedback - three people for last month's assignment (somehow I thought we weren't doing it this month, so I'm late)

-see Mother
-continue getting home/self back to "normal"
-goal setting, I am starting a new Best Self planner in three days....
-several emails to call or follow up, dfriend E, Humana for dmom, and dfriend who will pull records at National Archives for me

I am now going to answer one email - the dfriend who will pull records - and then head out to see dmom. While out I need to drop off dh's shirts and pick up some milk.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Elizabeth's dd is turning 10 soon, right?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Home from town. DS10 decided to go with DH to our church tonight because that's where his best friend will be. DGD7 is here with me. I will take her to the local church with the huge Wednesday night children program. DGD7 has finished her homework (reading to me) and is now reading one of DS10 Captain Underpants library books. I'm not a fan of that book series but they love reading them.

I sat with DGD7 and visited while she ate after school snack. She was so hungry that she eagerly ate leftover mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and sausage. I doubt if she eats much for dinner after eating that big of a snack.

News from 2nd grade .....DGD7 said, "One of my friends said another friend called me stupid". And then without a pause DGD7 added: "One of my friends said another friend said I was a crybaby."

So we had a long conversation about how to deal with remarks like these.

Ugh. Why do kids say mean and hurtful things.......probably because they have heard adults say them. *sigh*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

My household has a surprise of more childcare tomorrow. Dd20 and ddil had gotten home within 15 mins of each other today, and I knew that as we compared notes on the weather/situation dd seemed to know most. The univ was telling her not to even come to work tomorrow, after all. But ddil had heard nothing new.

Just now, ds called to let us know that the public schools (so dgs's school) plus ToddlerC's little-school-of-small-proportions that she would normally attend Thursdays, will be closed the extra day of tomorrow (Friday was already expected). Heavier evacuation traffic is expected and could clog roads earlier, plus buildings need to be prepared for use as emergency shelters.

So ds and ddil have a scramble to find childcare for an extra day. With even dd being sent home here, our house becomes the wise choice.

I guess I just generally need to do some housework now and think in terms of what little kids will eat with us.

LadyM, I remember seeing such joy for kids when a new Captain Underpants would be found. What the "draw" is, I'm not sure, but the series is certainly beloved, to the point of a space in Macy's parade, of all things. Maybe your dgd will discover Pippi Longstocking and fall in love with that later!

Return to “Post When You Can”