THURSDAY TO DO

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY TO DO

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:06 am

How about you -do you have plenty of "to do's" today? Know I do. We're heading to dh's PT appointment in about 15 minutes. Coming home after that and will be here for about 3 hours. Going to go vote in the Primary after that. Will go to the post office then as it's only a block away from our polling place. We're going to a 'party' at 9pm for one of the candidates for Assembly. She's a resident here and she's said the party's on -win or lose. Dh has been ribbing her -she's a member here. Think it's the first Primary we've ever voted in. Not that often that we're eligible anyway.

Looks like it could rain a little bit off and on today.

I had the alarm set for 6:20. Got up at 5:15 for a potty break and took my T-med. Figured I had an hour but well before 6am I heard the TV going. When I came out I turned it down. For some reason sounds often grate on my brain. See, I know what you're talking about, Kathryn.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kasalia

Re: THURSDAY TO DO

Postby Kasalia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 am

I haven't been in the mood for chatting on any 3 forums I belong to, RA has been playing up for one, a few problems I am coping with. Busy with both gardens, mine and the community one. Digging starts tomorrow for the pavilion, and we are being judged for the local garden show Monday.

Spring is here and hopefully my mood will change soon. At least it is still Thursday here lol :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 am

I have the to do's done for the most part. I have a few chores to finish up on. I'm thinkng it is a free day for me and I can do some crafting. I am feeling a bit better this morning that helps. I am nervous about the feed back we will get after the realtor tour, they said something about price. I am thinking it was clean enough and staged okay. Could have been a bit more cleaned would have been if I had not been under the weather. We are not willing to remodel to sell. I need to clean floors in the back of the house Will do that before the open house. It does not look bad I just want to do it so I know it has been done on this round. 7 or 8 realtors were here Wed. Glad we got that checked off the list yea!

Getting a new shower curtain, and tea towels from dollar store helped freshen up the look of the place here. I told h. He knows how to do thoses now and can do the one in his tool room a simple repair that is not super spendy. We have hanging lights in that room now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:05 am

I think I pretty much post the same ToDos every day. Some repeat themselves daily. Others, well, it just takes me multiple days to get them done.

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you, Kasalia!

I missed blessed's birthday yesterday!
Happy Belated Birthday dear blessed!

And I believe it was also HRH's birthday so Happy Birthday to Harriet's dear HRH!

I've been having trouble getting up in the morning, though I go to bed at a decent hour. So, I'm getting a late start to my day, which I don't like. Still, I've started. .. So far, I have:
- done dog care
- kitchen: unloaded dish drainer and am running the dw, which didn't get run last night
- finalized groc. list for Th. dinner crew
- checked emails and web sites
- had my tea

Main Goals for today - I guess this is 10 by 10 pm.
- a.m. routine
- jog
- short groc. store run - for fixings for Th. dinner tonight
- payroll prep: prep for class today, make quiz for tomorrow, create activities for class I've developed
- payroll on site: teach 1 class (2 hours), get as much copying done as I can
- desk day tasks: card to B, 1 snail mail bill
- laundry: fold and put away sheets
- host Th. dinner for 9 people
- can I spiff the bathroom before they arrive?
- is ds available to skype tonight? He has friends visiting him right now. . .

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 am

waving wildly to all of you!!!
I have to run but wanted to say GOOD MORNING!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 am

I was up even later than Helia. I think I forgot to set my clock, and dMuffin came to politely wake me up at 8:40. I've walked her and sat outside with her for awhile. Need to get moving on rest of a.m. routine and rest of day.

Right now...
-breakfast meds & vitamins
-start a lol of laundry
-kitchen and breakfast bar counters
-s2s
-make the bed

This will finish a.m. routine I think.

"Big rocks" for today:
-planning for next journal
-purge 44 things (this is the declutter for no of things every day = day of the month. I'm several days behind)
-therapist appt at 2 p.m.
-what else?

Yesterday on the massage table I suddenly got started thinking about my sister - I guess my brain was disengaged - and got very weepy. I could have just sobbed away. She passed away two years ago in Oct, but it was the day after Rosh Hashana that she was hospitalized and two days before Yom Kippur when she died. Will I always have these memories with the holidays. I think I remember Kathryn's father dying on Christmas Day. Is the season always colored by memories? I'm glad that I have a therapist appt today. With the death of dbro and sale of dmom's house I feel like I've been through the wringer and now the days are getting shorter too. I had scheduled this appt several weeks ago.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:50 am

Good morning everyone! Unfortunately, the animal org meeting has left me some homework that I should get done by the weekend. My friend was not able to go to dinner and I went home instead. This was ok because it was a migraine-y day. Guess who was looking down from the attic again. I closed off the second attic access, which I didn't think he could open and MAYBE tonight, he will stay down. Had to take Benadryl after accessing the attic and between that and the migraine meds, not much got done. I found and killed another of those horrible millipedes. Briggs had a life threatening allergic reaction on eating part of one, so this is particularly important. He also had a reaction to touching one.

Today's essentials are a DPC and paperwork for a refund. Payroll stuff too, of course.

My great aunt died on Christmas Eve. The following year on that day, I got really scared in my room, convinced there was a ghost. I was also disgusted with myself, considering 13 too old to be seeing "monsters in the closet". When I realized it was the anniversary of her death I was able to calm down and get to sleep. Never happened again, but sometimes I think about ghosts on that day.

My DD is 16 now, a sophomore in HS and learning to drive. She looks about 12.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:17 am

Morning...

I’ve already started my to dos this morning. I have my good sweaters in the washer so n the gentle cycle. Once done I’ll hand hang them on my clothes rack.

Next is time spent finishing up my closet that I started the other day. Then I will start staging what I need to pack for my trip next week. We’re gonna have record highs this weekend...110... and the temps in NJ will be in the high 60’s and low 70’s during the day. Going from Sandals to boots!!!

Off to get my second cup of coffee and enjoy Perry. Waving to y’all. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 am

You have every right to feel like 'being put through the wringer', Twins. Unfortunately we all seem to have those dates that bring back not so great memories.

Been spending the last hour changing up appointments for dh. He came in with dates for his pre-op appointment with our cardiologist for his stents. Then the date for the actual procedure. Of COURSE they both interfered with appointments he already had for his gall bladder and for his fall appointment with his GP. So both of those had to be changed. His follow up for gall bladder was the day after this procedure and the one with the GP was 2 days later but he's supposed to get his flu shot. Probably not a good combination. Plus he'll be staying at the hospital for at least one day. It will be nice if we can be through all of this before we're supposed to leave for FL, but I'm not counting my chickens YET.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Coming up on the ann of mom's death she passed on the 11th on Nov. I have been feeling emotional this week could have been a connection. Have a project done, got progress on another one and another one is coming along yea ME! Qt x journal x planning x . Waving to everyone.

Return to “Post When You Can”