Friday Fake it 'Till You Make it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday Fake it 'Till You Make it

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:29 pm

I walked the dog. I do not think we will be able to move in with Dson, h did not like the idea of a motor home temp. Place Till build was done. I am trying not to worry.

It is time for lunch. The mailman just went down out street. I have done some writing & planning. I have vacuumed, spiffed up the bed, did a pupa. Worked on letting go of my bad attitude, in my spiritual journal. Realizing it is impossible to make anything happen just because it was a 1 ,2, or 3 week goal to get an offer on the place for example. So I had to let go of preconceived expectations and ideas the walked helped! I am happy bc we have gotten decluttered and fixing things if that is all that happens we are improved!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Starting challah then need to run to grocery... :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Got realtor comments. Put some sort of fragrance out, lower price and get dead moss off roof were comments, get cobwebs down off popcorn cieling. Told her I could put cinnamon in a pan to boil on stove was all I water up to it would basically be the same as Wed. Except I vacuumed.Excuse me but I do not think a cobwebs on a cieling is a deal breaker! :lol:

Can you tell my attitude needs more work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:44 pm

d nancy
great work all away around - you should be so so so proud of yourself! I am!

hi d norma
I think I do remember him! how fun for you to visit your d grandkiddos and gr grandkiddos
you little gg sounds so so sweet! so happy for you.

hi d lady what good people to help others. yay on your declutter

hi d lucy! have fun in college town

hi d twins I like the idea of minimalism - good for you for joining the site.

hello d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:48 pm

routines are done. (no clutter check or exercise yet).
i might run over and get my car washed and vacuumed.
groceries put away
purse is clean

still have to do
paperwork that I missed yesterday
put away laundry
finish with rest of suitcases
work in basement

tonight brush dogs a bit.

I know that d kat suggested working outside in the afternoon but I don't like it hot so I may just do it in the morning.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Norma, I hope you have a terrific time! You will be so busy!

Nancy, my ds had a whole plan of living in their "fifth-wheel" RV if necessary during house-build. He said if it was just for him - perfection. For the two of them it would still be fine, but ddil couldn't wrap her mind around doing it with the small children.

Oh, just noticing -
Nancy
price is what everybody hears
cobwebs are nothing
moss - sure, fine, see if you can get that
basically, if this is all you are hearing you and dh must have done things to perfection!

This is from Reader's Digest
an old Realtor's trick. Put a drop or two of vanilla extract on a lightbulb, turn on the light, and your house will be filled with the appealing scent of baked goods in the oven.

thanks to all for asking about us. Tomorrow will be the worst day. We have continuous wind now at about 25 to 30 mph. Ds has lost one tree, didn't fall on anything. Dd38 called to say they had kept electricity. Their next-door neighbor's house was flooding but not theirs. Two of her employees were having worries : one with the loss of a building but at least not their house, and the other as-yet unable to get into communication with a sister near the coast. No word, of course, on HRH's sister's vacation home which will likely have taken a bad blow - it's just not worth it to find out. Safety first.

I just "eyed" a few trees around us and moved the vehicles one more time, trying to put them at a "sweet spot" between any potential trees falling, but of course nothing may fall at all. Just tweaking the prep. I notice ds has moved his truck to an odd spot as well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Awww, Nancy, so sorry they were so pointed in their comments. And none of those are deal breakers anyway. You have done so much work, don't let their comments get you down.

I went into the master bath and found 40 something items (expired or old cosmetics, old nail polish et al) that went out so I'm ahead for tomorrow's declutter.

Glad to hear from Harriet, hang in there!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Good afternoon on this fine payday Friday! I am working on a new report that is straining my brain at payroll. Last night was fairly productive, but I had to close off DD16's room. Loki will not stay out of the attic! For my party cleanup, I worked on the hallway, which doesn't sound like much, but meant I had to hang the laundry room doors. What a pain! They were put off for a long time due to the lifting restrictions after surgery, and then even longer out of the dowannas. My disgusting kitchen sink is now shiny again and not stinky. The refund is dealt with. One LOL put away and another washed and dried. I still have that DPC to go. I can do more yardwork now that the trash has been collected and there is room in the can.

Tonight, I have dinner with a friend. This weekends' WTF is the animal org minutes and notes. DD's finals end today, so we should be able to do something fun Sunday.

I wish I could get jobs as fast as LadyMaverick's DD. My last unemployment was 10 months and I have never been out of work less than 6 months.

ETA:
CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! I loaned my trap to someone to find a cat they had adopted from the animal org I work with. The cat has been found and is safe at home!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Oh and I forgot shampoo carpets. Yea like that is going to happen before tomorrow. Right. Some things were what she said in the beginning, like dead moss on the roof, and cobwebs. We have popcorn ceilings, not sure why I do not see them. I will spray roise scented air freshener before we leave.

I mowed the front and half of the back, ran out of fuel and can not get the fuel can open. So hoping h can get it so I can finish tonight it will be too wet tomorrow. Found a couple more cobwebs.

What is frustrating is we worked our butts off and it is never good enough. We still have a broken spray nossel in kit. To replace and lite to put up in the tool room later like next week. Plus decectors. Not even had any showings. :roll: I just feel it is a waste of time and energy mine. :mrgreen:

They did not even mention the utility trailer with stuff in it. So we will skip that this go round.
Today decluttered the hats in the coat closet, sorted and boxed up summer clothing, decluttered some of it and got out some sweaters for fall.

The house was stuffy bc I had ran the dish washer in the morning a d had heat on bc I had been feeling puny. Love that tip of the vanilla on a light bulb.
Got the rugs shook out and quick mopped the kitchen and dinning g room and hall. Next looking how to get cobwebs off popcorn ceilings for next month. Zone work. Mowing is done. Dinner is in the oven. I have to go start laundry. Sigh...

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Nancy - I think you have done an excellent job of preparing your home! When we were showing our home I would bake a few cookies before the showing. It made the house smell wonderful and I left the cookies sitting on the counter for them to eat. Also, the smell of freshly baked bread always seems to be a hit. The smell of baking lasts longer than spray.

DD has always been able to find a job. She has had a lot of practice. It wouldn't surprise me to know that DD has started 500 jobs over the last dozen years. She usually works 2 jobs at a time which translates into working 60-90 hours a week. However, DD rarely keeps the same job longer than a couple months. The reasons vary widely but she always quits and immediately starts a different job. There is rarely a break between the old job and the new one.

DH and I went to town in hopes of finding a suspended garage shelving system. Nope. None there. It will have to be ordered online.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”