Friday Fake it 'Till You Make it

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Friday Fake it 'Till You Make it

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:55 am

I'm just always mystified at how quickly your dd picks up another job, LadyM. She must have something in her favor!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 pm

It’s amazing what I can get done in 2.5 minutes.
I remember LadyM once said she set her timer for 3 minutes per room. I, in my inquisitive nature, decided to try it. Amazing! Maybe I should try it today since I have very low energy. Have to look back to see what's up with Nancy.

Okay, LucyLee,
Twins, do you mean, declutter one thing on the first of the month, two the next day, and so on? That sounds like a good idea.
I've wasted a whole lot of time looking for this post from Twins -where was it? Does sound like a good idea though. Editing, dLucy. Never mind, I just happened on it when I just happened to look at the "Declutter thread". Wow, Twins, that would be a lot of items for me to declutter in a month -at least in our RV. Although I guess I have been doing that when I sent some of our books down to the camp library and stacked another pile to take to our church in FL. I'll have to start counting all those things. Well, as tired as I am, I might start with "one" on September 15th. :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Dee ...
I don’t know the correct name of the challenge, but it’s on a decluttering FB Page I belong to.

You can work it two ways: Depending on the number of the month, that’s how many items you’re suppose to declutter. So on Oct 1st it’s one item, oct 2nd two items and so on... however some people work it on reverse: Oct 1st 31 items, Oct 2nd 30 ... Oct 31, 1 item.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Same here, LadyM. Glad for her that she can get a new job so quickly.

I think today is going to be some prep for Sunday school for dd, prep for dinner tonight and that's about it.

I don't remember what day I posted it, around the first or second of September maybe? It's from the Facebook group Minimalism: Declutter your Life. It was easy during RH prep, now I need to consciously remember it and I'm running a day or two late so need to catch up. I think a single piece of paper will count at the end.

Dcleaning lady is chatty today, I'm trying not to start anything until she's gone because I get distracted.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm declaring Homeschool done for the week. Today wasn't DS10's best day because there is too much going on around him. He did manage to finish 14 assignments and I'm declaring that a successful Friday school day.

I have been making steady progress decluttering by doing one item a day in mutiple rooms. By doing it this way I don't become overwhelmed by the decisions. I am noticing that the way I think is changing. I find myself seeing something and thinking "That can be the item I declutter tomorrow". I am actually planning and looking forward to decluttering! The garage looks totally different than it did a month ago. Today I asked DH if he would put up a hanging shelf in the garage. He told me to pick it out and he would put it up. I have selected the area I want the shelf to be and have measured it. The place I picked out has stairs already on 2 sides of the hanging shelf so access to items on the shelf should be super easy (I hope).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Did find it -by accident -but also glad to know the source. May look up that site. Thanks, gals!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:42 pm

i dislike saying this but I wasted 1/2 the day. I had to turn off any distraction. I ordered groceries instead of running there. ;)

hi d dee! No no please don't apologize - i loved the wishes!
hi d lady!
hi d twins!
hi d rose!
hi d lucy!
hi d harmony!

okay loosing half the day - it's okay. now to focus.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

I’m anxious to hear from Harriet...
On our way to college town...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 pm

We have 2 DFriends who are traveling (separately) to the Carolinas to help with the repairs after the storm passes. Both of them are electrical linemen. One of them just posted pictures of the wreck he was in. Thankfully no one is hurt. The rental car company is taking care of the wrecked vehicle and he will soon be back on the road. They will be staged in Raleigh.

I can't remember where Carolina Miracle lives. I saw yesterday that she has evacuated her home and is in a hotel. I remember the trauma she went through when her home was flooded before and how the SHE's rallied to help her.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Does everyone remember ZYGORP? He flew back to Carolina to help Carolina Miracle and her family. I remember how he really put himself out there to help all he could. Wonderful guy! :) I think he is on Facebook now so some of you might keep up with him and his wife whose name escapes me at this moment. I always thought his story should have been written in one of the women's magazines. I am sure there were a million stories, but I thought his was special because it involved SHE's Organized.

We are getting ready to go to San Jose and see the grandkids and great-grands. Out newest little boy gg is a Downs baby. He is now one and a half years and is high functioning. We saw him in July and couldn't believe what he can do. He goes to therapy twice a week and those people do wonderful work with these babies. He is so cute and so precious. Our girl gg will be 9 tomorrow and we are celebrating with her and on Monday watching her ride - she's great and has been on a horse now for 4 years. Little 5 year old boy gg is learning to play hockey and we will see him do his thing on Sunday morning. Can you tell I am excited?

I read you guys every day. You are the greatest! :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Return to “Post When You Can”