Happy Saturday! what are you doing?!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Happy Saturday! what are you doing?!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm glad to see Harriet still doing okay.

CityLady lives in Raleigh, NC now and she is doing good. There are other SHE's posting too on FB but I can't remember their SHE names. There is one (Laura) that has lost power because her fuse box started sparking/smoking. The fire dept turned power off going to her home. She is waiting on electric people to come to look at it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Survived another open house. One couple came friends is neighbors. Another open house in 2 2wks. Sigh. I need a nap!

We did one price adjustment. It will be our last price adjustment.

W Mart was slammed we did not even go in.
Had a yummy sandwich at Arby's for lunch.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:33 pm

praying still for those affected by slow moving humongous x Florence . a lot of water and high/storm tides can keep a lot of water way upstream for an age. being on a hill might not save some.

I've been to church. Thought to the beach but I'm still tired. Mass was the faster edition due to no music, so I caught the bus home instead of on its way back to the coast.. Maybe later.
Wondered about a movie but not really interested in the one that was close to starting.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Glad to see the updates on those under Florence.

I slept away the afternoon after finally getting s2s at 2 p.m. We walked over to the pub and I read my book while waiting for dinner. It is due on Monday and it will be tight for me to finish it by then. We took a longer walk home so I could get in some steps (just 5K for the day.)

I watched this video on disconnecting from social media and podcasts

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/cyclops

Obviously, by cutting US-based stuff out of my life I've already taken steps in that direction. About 1/2 of the podcasts I used to listen to were US based so they are gone, as is all but two youtube channels (this is one of them.) I also don't read US media so that helps with distraction.

My sister is hassling me over my recovery. I have a doctor's appointment in 2 weeks and everything I've read says the only thing to fix this time and cutting out stuff. About 70% of my activity has been cut back and I'm trying to ignore the failures. Now only one thing a day, two at most. I can't cut back any further without going into a depression.

Already I can't do something like go sit on the balcony and enjoy the view for more than a minute or two. Too much stimulation. I'd love to be able to walk over to the river and sit by the water but I don't think I can stand the traffic between here and there. We cut our walk short tonight on the way home because the traffic was bothering me so we moved to quiet streets and headed home.

My sister's concern is that I stop doing something when I get a headache and take that as the sign I'm doing too much. She feels 1) I shouldn't be getting headaches. They aren't like real headaches, I just suddenly realize I have a headache and cutting stimulation instantly makes it go away. (Alternatively, I'll be dizzy or nauseous but in all cases cutting stimulation reverses the symptom.) 2) I shouldn't be using headphones/earplugs, its problematic. Hmmm, it makes dizziness or headache go away so I can continue to do what I need to do. That doesn't seem problematic to me. She seems to want me to sit there listening to the traffic or the noises in the building and do nothing but stress out over those (they already bothered me before I was concussed.) To me it makes sense to do something that feels positive and block out the noise.

Her negativity isn't helpful though.

I'm off to bed now. I might read some more if I can't get to sleep.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm glad so far nobody has floated off the map. The rescue I had watched in a couple inches of water was New Bern and I thought to myself, what? Then I saw the rest of the town and looked it up on a map to find that little town is at the head of a river which goes right into the Atlantic. Makes sense now, and I'm glad I don't live there. They are now saying "epic amounts of rain". Yeah. Poor people.

So yesterday DH finished weeding the yard and mowed all the grass. Today I vacuumed whole house and mopped all the floors, folded laundry and cleaned a bathroom. Good shape inside and out.

Nancy, how many of these open houses are they planning on having? I thought real estate people only did one at the beginning and then brought clients through at different times. Never heard of this many open houses. I can imagine how annoying all this is to you.

Ok, time for shower and bed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Open house seems to be every two weeks. Getting into the routine of em now. We have a goal to focus on before the next one. H will be updating the plug ins in the kit. To get em up to code [next after the light in the basement]. We will be picking out new fixtures in the kicthen lights also. To me is worth it because things are getting fixed yea! It also does not have egress windows. I was always told we could not afford it while said person bought boats motorcycles, and atvs just saying no judgement it is facts. Out three months of this is up just after Turkey day so it will be in good shape for the holidays. :mrgreen:

Without stainless steal appliances we have white ones here, and no garage no basement bathroom we have not had showings.
I gave away my one fall decor a fall wreath. I am not inspired to get a replacement one.

Nothing fancy here we love this house and it works for us. I am thinking the nicer tv stand and better chair needs to both come upstairs and then put the others down stairs. H in not a fan of that however.

On my walk after dinner I had a deep sense of peace no matter what happens in a good place emotionally now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Checking in. I've appreciated chances to talk to you guys on this strange day.
Norma said the other day "You are the greatest."

Dstepson called to talk about the trees whipping around and say he doesn't know how in the world we still have power with so many communities all around us losing it. So with that in mind, I ran the dishwasher early and finished up evening dailies early.

I called HRH's cousin who had to take her ddad to ER with a high fever, mysterious. He will stay overnight and that is probably best, since no one wants him going home only to have his family unable to get him back out again on the roads.

Kathryn, it's still nice your sister worries about you, even if she's negative. You're the one feeling how you feel, so you are the best judge of what to do to feel better, especially since you have researched.

Nancy, we have all white appliances, too.

I have been working on declutter again. This time old papers and items that deserve better filing. I think I dislike paper decluttering more than any type. HRH came into the office area and insists it doesn't look bad. I think he has on rose-colored glasses. I'm doing this because House-and-Holidays plan online says organizing office and creative should be the first work we do when we start a holiday plan, to have a fresh start on the basics to simplify the holidays. HGP's suggested time for working toward handmade gifts, etc., starts tomorrow.

So this is what I "hear" from these:
I will "deserve" starting on time with creative things in HGP without guilt, IF I've really "paid my dues" and put in my time on organizing like H&H says up to then. It's a strange thought process, but it's mine.

Return to “Post When You Can”