Happy Saturday! what are you doing?!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Happy Saturday! what are you doing?!

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am

my quotes for me today, that I would like to share, are: "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. ...

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings"

What are you doing today? What can you do for your home, you (your spirit) and your family today that will make your life easier this week?

I hope your day is all you want it to be. wishing that your day is full of blessings

d kat is helping me realize that if I get my routines done first thing then I have a wonderful day ahead of me. (staying away from rabbit holes as much as possible). Looking ahead.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Happy Saturday! what are you doing?!

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am

off the computer

doing my morning routine
pulled an anti procrastination card

I have a party to go to today
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:47 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start today. Excellent!

I have been up for hours but not in productive mode. I sat and worked a challenging Suduko. I am feeling accomplished by that successful endeavor. :)

I have feed the kids their first meal of the day. They are both using screens now. I would send them outdoors to play but it is sprinkling. So I am allowing them to have more screen time than usual. On weekdays their screen time is limited to an hour a day.

Last evening Peabody (mini Aussie puppy) made an escape from the fenced in yard and went on an adventure into the pasture that adjoins our fenceline. The neighborhood kids decided to "help" by chasing Peabody. Oh boy. What a circus that turned into. Momma cows and calves running in every direction. Also, human Mommas running in the pasture after their kids. ANYway, Peabody is safely back in the yard and DH is now working on rebuilding the fence where Peabody made his escape. This change to the fence is not going to please the neighborhood kids because that is the same spot they have been climbing over the fence instead of walking 100' to the gate. I guess Peabody decided he would copy what he sees the children do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

Hi, we are connected to the world, though there was a brief disconnect earlier.

Dstepson was here early doing a little more prep. His dmil left her home and is with them for the duration.

While he was here he suddenly looked up and said he had to go to the store. :?:

It's his anniversary, lol, and in all the hurricane prep he forgot until something at our house reminded him - don't know. Dd20 went out with him on this emergency flower errand. They will see if there is anything further they can do in bringing us the few things we've mentioned needing. We are really well-stocked, though. I'm sure he'll find some grocery open.

On his way here he ran into ds, he says, who wanted to talk about copperhead snakes and said to tell us all to be careful. They are coming out into areas they are seldom seen, ds says, much more than just the rainfall we've seen so far would suggest. (Maybe this is "snake-smarts" about the coming floods.)

The interstate exit at ds' work municipality has been closed due to a wreck, so that's something he'll be dealing with today. i was surprised. When you see video of roads it hardly looks like anyone is traveling, but I guess for those that are on interstates visibility is low.

Oh, blessed is sharing quotes. I'll see if there are some I've recently saved.

I love the name Peabody.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:39 am

This was an anonymous:
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
(smile - needlepoint worthy)

Said of Ruth Bell Graham by her daughter:
"She would just quote the old mountain man: ' Make the least of all that goes and the most of all that comes'."

have posted this one from Ray Walston before :
"I often quote myself. It usually adds something to the conversation."

Heard some official on tv (?) talking about tonight's rainfall, say,
"If you are saying you live in an area that doesn't flood, Florence says, ' watch me'."
:shock: Okay... .. That's an effective comment.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 pm

For the first time in awhile I walked at the Nature park with dfriend M this morning. I keep finding reasons not to go and this morning seemed like a good time to go. I walked Muffin earlier and had my breakfast and did some clean up from last night's festivities. (Loaded up dishwasher and started it, cleared some of kitchen counters up. We walked maybe 6K steps. I haven't been using my fitbit lately.

I'm glad Harriet is okay and in touch! We will have some rain tomorrow but it's mostly missing us now.

Dh went to the office to do some continuing education. I think I am going to nap a bit.

A quote I just saw:

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

-Albert Einstein
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Very happy to see Harriet here. Whoever is tracking Carolina Miracle, can you keep us updated? Is anyone in touch with NC SHE? (She was in Raleigh when I met her but dd20 was a little girl then, I don't know if she's still there.)

What am I doing?

Nothing. I'm doing absolutely nothing.

I had very little sleep and am exhausted. Dizzy and brain says sleep. Doing very little isn't resetting me. Headphones aren't resetting me. Food (healthy or snack) isn't resetting me.

I'm still not s2s. Bed's not made. I have had breakfast and have washed up the few dishes from yesterday and today. I also put all the binder clips onto a clipboard because I'm experimenting with making myself this reusable to-do list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifehacks/comm ... om_binder/

I think someone might have linked to this idea already but I also saw it on my bullet journal forum and so thought to myself "I need to get a cheap clipboard."

There was a metal one on the giveaway shelf earlier this week so I picked it up. It is aluminum so I can't use a magnet on it. I couldn't remember why I needed one so I googled life hack clipboard and eventually found the link above.

I've taken the first steps because everything is broken down into tiny steps these days:

1. obtain a clipboard (the other 2 in the apartment are in use so I had to wait for one to flow to me.)

2. Gather up all the binder clips/paper clamps (depends on what you call them.) They were spread over 5 drawers in the apartment.

3. Put a piece of blank paper on the clip board, attach the clips and see if this works. This clipboard is rather large so the paper doesn't go anywhere near the bottom (but it isn't legal sized - it is for surgical forms according to the imprint in the metal.)

4. Trace where the clips cover with a pencil

Still to do:

5. Make up a computer template to fill in.

6. Figure out what I want to track on this (recurring or one-time?)

7. Test-run.

8. Make beautiful both the template and the clipboard. I have lots of washi tape so maybe I'll use some of that to decorate the very utilitarian clipboard.

I'm struggling not to skip to step 8. Making things pretty is what I want to do, not making something useful!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm

K in C thanks for input Fri. The pan on stove with vanill a and spices did not work so I just I opened up the windows this morning. I have m. Bathroom ready. M bedroom is ready except for staging bed cover & pillow. H and I are not very chipper this morning. H got up an hr. Late did not help. Sigh.
I vacuumed traffic areas again. One of us needs to sweep the entrances and patio.
The kitchen ceiling looked better last nite in the dark LOL!

It is good to see that Harriet is able to post again. Hope LM does great with new tech. Device. Waving to everyone!

Continuing with my a m stuff here as time marches on to the one o'clock open house dead line.
Looking forward to maintenance mode after today.

H is trying to " help " , sigh. Thinking I should assign outside sweeping to him, but when I asked him to dust off the top of the fridge he did not until I was in the room.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:57 pm

A grocery was open when they got there, though it will close soon, so flowers were found. That's nice for dstepdil to have him bring flowers at a time she certainly didn't expect it. But a man wouldn't want to have forgotten, on the anniversary his mother-in-law was living with him for a week. :lol:

Now time to hunker down, and wave goodbye to any views from the windows.

Church closing announcements are spreading fast, in all directions around us. Dd's work still says online they expect her at 2:00 Sunday, but that's probably something her boss overlooked changing, since the building's events are cancelled. Schools closed Mon so I'm wondering what ds and ddil will do about the children's care then if they must work. I may be the answer to my own question. Oh, dd just said she sees her classes are cancelled Mon as well, so the children's art teacher is available too, lol.

Dd38 reports that her coworker's sister got a message to her family during the night. She was one of the several hundred rescued at New Bern.

Dd says when she awakened to electricity being on this morning she was super happy for the boys. They are on a "camp out" in the LR each night so dd can keep one eye on them all, rather than having them in corner bedrooms near trees right now. They are watching adventure movies for as long as the electricity stays. She says it's still raining.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:38 pm

CM is home now after spending a couple nights in hotel. They haven't had any damage and have power now (power was off earlier).

I love the binder/clipboard idea! I don't remember seeing that hack before. Thank you for sharing.

We received a half inch of rain. Enough rain to make the bar ditches run and give the kids some old fashion fun. They are busy building dams and diverting the water in various ways.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”