Weathering Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Weathering Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:31 am

LadyM had a big rain yesterday and the kids were out playing. We know that Harriet is getting lots and lots of rain (and hopefully staying safe.) Today I get some rain - we are on the western edge as the rain moves west and north but it will move in and away by tomorrow.

How's your weather? And how do you "weather" your own rain this week?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Weathering Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am

love the title d twins! good day to you! and good day to everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 am

weather here is sunny and dd younger said the air by the lake was still so no sailing for their customers.
absolutely no wind - everything is still.

I ended up having to sleep because of a migraine all day, (got the night before that), yesterday but I did get my dailies done but nothing else but thats okay. I took d mom on one errand that she enjoyed but had to come back. She went out and bought the dessert for dh's family gathering and he dropped it off which was really wonderful of both of them.

I wish you all a wonderful day and you weather any storm that comes your way!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

I have been doing some prep to teach the elective unit for dd for Sunday school this morning, and I need to leave soon. Dh is supposed to walk the ddog, she's quite impatient with me. A good part of a.m. routine is done.

Rest of day is some planning for week, and next three months of planner. Maybe supper out with dkids. They were both her on Friday night so I don't feel compelled to cook tonight.

bw2, I saw some video last night of the women's national flying scots championship on our lake. We had some wind yesterday, not like you guys have wind, but enough for them to heel over.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:42 am

Oh, that's a wise title, Twins'. I hope this dissipates before it hits you too hard. The winds should have a hard time sustaining past the mountains, I would think. (?) But I assume the rains will still be long and arduous for you, too. This thing is just so big.

Here we've had an all-night performance of the violent storm that started yesterday and doesn't know when to quit. For a while, winds were 40 mph, but that's over. If it wasn't for the impressive audio, I'd hardly have known what my weather was doing when I woke, since it was still dark here, at an hour it should have been bright. Our trees are still doing the hula, sometimes wildly, but not breaking as far as I can see, which is not very far. But I can see that our vehicles are fine. Nothing seems to have hit the house. And obviously the power lines to my house are holding up.

there is a flock of wild turkeys close to the house. Odd. I suppose the full wind protection of a wall of the house is nice for them.

emails warned us yesterday not to attempt going to the church. Morning and evening cancelled, which was pretty much a given, but of course it had to be said.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am

i miss seeing wild turkeys! Where my d mom's house was up north had lots of turkeys and we had them when we lived in the country. My d cousin had a small tree, one year, filled with them - she said instead of a partridge in a pear tree she had turkeys. lol.
stay safe d harriet in the weather!

My dd wished she had that wind d twins! it's so fun to watch the boats! I missed it this year.
first year where I haven't been on the water.
yay on your morning routine getting done

wishing you two and everyone a great day

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:25 am

We had great weather for an open house yesterday, a bit of wind in our forecast. Lovely sun rise this morning here. Grilling is our plan hoping weather holds. Glad to be feeling better. It is good to see Harriet check in. Journal qt and planning done.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm

again I want to say well done on getting your house ready for this open house!!! well done d nancy!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Morning...

Weather is still very HOT... 106 today. I’ll be thinking in NJ on Tue and expected to feel the effects of Florence with rain. Temps there are suppose to be in the high 60’s or low 70’s and I am looking forward to that.

Early Saturday mornings my stomach decides to act up so yesterday was a wash. I will begin my packing today and run some final errands tomorrow. Need to do a bit of work around the house but need to see if my stomach will settle down a bit before I start.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:44 pm

it's 90 here :shock:

hi d rose 106 wow!!!! hope you enjoy your trip to cooler weather
hi d nancy!
hi d all!

I am listening to the 1997 cd's of pam and peggy and loving going back in time to listen and be in that time; my dd's were young. (fun)
I wouldn't want it all the time but this was fun.

front hall is beautiful! nothing there - how freeing.

Return to “Post When You Can”