Normal Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Normal Day Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

I'm hoping for a "normal" day here, whatever that will be. I know Harriet has voiced that as well so I hope her days get back toward normal soon too!

For me this is the third short week - when a weekday is a holiday so it's a weird week. We had Labor day here, then Rosh Hashana, and this week Yom Kippur. So I'm just hanging on for normal myself.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Normal Day Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 am

I need to get my "normal" bottom up off this seat soon!

-breakfast/meds/vitamins
-refill med/vitamins for the week
-change clothes and walk the ddog
-sort and start laundry
-brush teeth/wash up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 am

Good Monday morning.

I got hooked on the Decorah Eagle site and chatroom last winter and spent a 'disproportionate' amount of time there. I am now in 'recovery' mode. LOL It's shut down for camera maintenance for a few weeks. Meanwhile there are a lot of 'dust bunnies' and 'clutter' and a few pounds to deal with. And I also need to 'restructure' my 'daily schedule' to deal with my 'addiction' when the cams and chatroom come back up ... as in actual scheduled times to participate in the chatroom. Right!!!!

To ease my 'withdrawal' I have over 50 YouTube videos saved. In case you think I am alone there was a lot of discussion the last few days in the chatroom about 'dust bunnies' and 'pounds' and 'addictions' and how bad it is for our health to spend hours in a chair glued to screen and chatroom. On the good side I have several new FB friends and dozens of chatroom chatters who share my 'addiction.' There is, by the way, an annual of gathering of 'addicts' in Decorah, IA, every year after the eaglets fledge. They come from all over the country. The dates for 2019 are already set and some have made hotel reservations. Did I mention there are classrooms that log in and students send in questions?

And now back to reality. I'm going for my morning walk.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

No normal here. Ds required me to comment on the 8 houses he is considering.

This will be another Monday where getting fresh sheets on the bed plus the laundry done will be an amazing success (it is usually house-blessing day.)

I'm now 'done in' for the next few hours. My evening theology classes start this evening and I'm dreading them not looking forward. I could withdraw but I assume that I will recover within the next 11 weeks and could enjoy the end of the classes. Thankfully, it is lecture only, no course-work. I can't just register for another term, each course is unique and they are seldom repeated.

I'm still not s2s, nor have I had my breakfast, I have a headache from overusing my brain and long for bed again. Sigh...

Hope Harriet and her brood are all safe and dry.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 am

normal monday - yesssss!

d kathryn...I heard you had a concussion???? please know I am praying for relief for you. I am so sorry that happened.

d austin good morning! gosh I understand that recovery mode :D have a nice walk!

d twins good morning wishing you the most normal happy day!

hello everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 am

I understand perfectly, Kathryn. Some days are just like that.

Walk done, coffee time.
And then I am going to finish my morning routine and try stretching my brain a bit before s2s.
I am not a morning person so I left 2 big gaps in my 'morning routine' for just trying to get it together. Or just staring at the trees outside and watching the bird feeder.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am

dd younger is still at d mom's - she is feeling better. I have to take her to her eye appointment today. She scares herself when it comes with anything with her body, poor thing. Thank goodness for dd younger to come home from work and take my place for spending the night.
d brother reminded me d mom is going to get worse - even though there is nothing wrong she sends herself into a spiral. I just think eventually something will happen and others will think she is crying wolf...not to her of course, but she has always been a hypochondriac but now it is worse.

I think it is being alone in an apartment that is hard.

ready for my home blessing, paper clutter check, gym, put away, shower, mom dr appointment, dd glasses (she likes my opinion), call insurance, store for me: corn stalks and mums, set up dates at botanic gardens, speak to dd younger when she wants to see the end of the sergeant exhibit at he art institute.
call aunt and make date. (trying to figure out how to help her in winter)
routines first and foremost. too hot outside this afternoon for me to work.

I am missing taking time for learning - I have to get that back on my calendar.

ready, set go ... 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:16 am

NoW! If I'm right today IS the day to wish Blessedw2 a Very Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:48 am

Happy Birthday to bw2!

And again...I'm not motivated much today, but need to continue on.

-email and get ck ready to send for BCG portfolio
-call dmom's credit union re: correct checking/routing no for her insurance pmt
-finish kitchen clean up
-reboot laundry
-make the bed

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 am

Happy Birthday, blessedw2! The fall decorations sound pretty.

Hi, Austin Granny

About Raleigh - I would know more if dd was back in touch with her co-workers but they are not going in today at all. Ds says he got a fed report in the night that rains on the back side of the storm took a greater turn toward Raleigh than expected.

As far as Interstate and state highway closings, there are so many and so changeable that I'm not keeping up well. The reports just eventually start sounding like a string of numbers. 95 and 40 constantly mentioned, but are these current or projected (?), plus I am not familiar enough with the exits, etc., to know if it's getting better or worse. I guess the more detail they have to explain, the more likely that it's no longer great distances that are closed.

We saw sunshine briefly today. ToddlerC caught on to it immediately and pointed it out. Dgs7 says he is soooooo booooored and tired of having to stay indoors.

Ds is back home now and has taken over with the children.

My housework is backing up.

Return to “Post When You Can”