Normal Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Normal Day Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:10 pm

thank you thank you for the birthday wishes!!! it means so much to me!!!

dh keeps asking me what I want - I told him I don't like the attention of gifts - I love giving them though 8-) , i want a simple day - I think he was a happy man!!! :D Simple simple simple! d mom/dd's bought a cake which was so sweet - I like that the best - cake, coffee and ice tea when dd older comes in tonight.

hope your dd and her d friends are safe and dry
so cute about your d grand kids... I bet they are ready to be outside!

wishing you and everyone the best.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 pm

It has taken me over an hour for a clutter blow up. I worked on my papers (which I really put off for 2 months). I put filing together, put away together and put away, put all my checking account to list in money book, I still haven't balanced my accounts but will a little at a time.
It took over hour but I feel better that it is almost straightened.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Boy! It's hard for me to zero in on dgs being 7, Harriet! But then my own dgs turned 6 this summer so I should know that! And LucyLee's is 6? or is it 7? Years are spinning much too fast! I'm still grappling with your dd20 not being 8!

I've spent a good share of the morning conversing via phone call with the pre-op nurse for dh's gall bladder surgery next Monday. Tomorrow he sees the PA at the gall bladder Doctor's office for the pre-op for the same surgery. I realized as we chatted with the nurse this morning that there's still some things I don't have down on dh's medical record. I already have 1 full page of all his meds, doctors, allergies, surgeries, hospitalizations, etc. Told him he has to be DONE as I have no more room on this same page! He asked if I had to redo his meds page as he saw me scribbling quite a few notes. Oh yeah!

Just asked dh what we would do if I didn't do all the secretarial stuff here and he doesn't even have his own business any more. Can't imagine, Harmony! He did tell me I do get paid well. Right!

Have cabbage soup thawing to heat for our lunch. Trying to clean out our freezer. Will be giving some things to DS-R. They went to Hershey to the Camper show there this weekend. Didn't see anything that 'knocked their socks off'. DGS13 was very, very unhappy that they didn't buy a 'toy hauler'. No matter that he doesn't have anything to put in it at this point (he would very much like a motorcycle eventually & has expressed wanting to get back into go-kart racing. Problem is he doesn't stick with anything at this point). No matter that DS-R & DDIL have repeatedly told him that a toy hauler would not work on their site. They have a beautiful water front out their back window and a toy hauler would close that off. Thus, he's not talking to them right now but he'll get over it and on to the next thing. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm

I have been listening to an hour long work shop on U tube and purged planner pages from the last 2 wks. While I listened I was able to make room for the new one for daily hourly sheets and note pages. It feels good to be able to get to that I sorted a few things from my stash and dash drawer in the living room also.

Got my groc. List made out this morning, my journal is done. Dinner is planned left overs. Game day I think. Got a letter off to my dsis from a pet so funny it was a blast to do!

We are having lovely weather here this morning. 8-) I need to get a move on. Have a great day good luck with your efforts!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Went back to bed for 90 minutes (still not s2s, bed still not made up with fresh sheets.)

Headache was bad enough that I finally took a pill.

I have a doctor's appointment for this evening at 6:40. Since classes start tonight at 7, I've withdrawn from the courses.

Blessed: I am aware of all your daughter goes through and now have a better idea of why she pushes herself so hard.

I had a good cry at the beginning of my time in bed (which just made the headache worse) and then lay there listening to binaural music and being incredibly bored. Finally I just imagined what I would do to the house ds has looked at that I like the most (the one he eliminated for being too small.)

I ended up with a 2 stage renovation - first to tear off the sunroom and replace it with a living room, new entrance anddouble the size of the bedroom, adding a small ensuite bathroom. Plus the deck on the back with the hot tub ds wants. That takes the place from 2 tiny bedroom, 1 bath, no dining room (just a small table in the tiny kitchen) house, to a 1 reasonable sized bedroom, plus den with murphy bed for visitors, 2 bath, proper living/dining rooms (since entertaining is on his list of things to do.) I'd add a driveway in front of the new entrance but it will only have room for one car. I'd put a temporary car shelter over the existing driveway to shelter his extra car and trailer. That is optional.

The second reno would add a large 2 car garage deep enough for the Z3 & tent trailer on one side, his Suburu on the other. There's be another new entry and 2 bedrooms plus bath on top. That reno will be way more expensive because of plumbing and HVAC issues (HVAC can't be added to the existing system due to length of runs.) The new entrance way from the first reno would become a den or main floor laundry/mud room.

I got up and drew that all out roughly so it is on paper and I don't have to hold it in my head. I've had 2 cans of Dr. Pepper and a ton of snack crackers to settle my tummy and now just feel thick, but the headache is gone. I'll try and s2s now and then rest again.

Dh is out at a presentation (for once he isn't giving it!) I've informed him of my condition and he offered to come back but there's nothing he could do for me. So I told him to stay (he carpooled with someone else.) He's making notes on what not to do in his next presentation. Unfortunately, that's all he's learning today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Happy Birthday Blessedw2!!

My day started with DD coming to pick up DGD7 to get her ready for school. DD worked all night (8pm - 5am) and will sleep while DGD7 is in school. I suspect DSIL and DD have split up. He isn't living at their home now. They were planning a 4 day trip next weekend......I wonder if that will influence them to get back together and try again.

Homeschool DAy #44 is underway and going fairly well.

I have been cooking while waiting for DS10 to finish assignments. Those 2 activities work well together. DS10 sits at the bar and does his assignment while I'm cooking. I have made meatballs and spaghetti. I also baked 59 grande biscuits. I'll be filling them with breakfast food (eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese) and freezing them for an easy breakfast for the guys to have.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I am back from the store smart run done. Glad I got that done. Most of the food is put away. I got most of it put away. Finally got an acrylic block for stamping have been looking for one all summer.

Got some gourds to put on a bowl for fall decor. I got fall colored yarn for dish clothes, and puppets. Next I will be working on the low spot in the front yard, and or walking the dog for exercise.

For got my list but remembered all but one item.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Happy birthday, Blessed!!! :D :D :D

I feel I have pretty much wasted this day in a major fashion, even for me.
OTOH -- I have
* s2s & washed my hair,
* put two orders for tickets to sell on S tubHub for dh, which involved one phone call , but went much more smoothly than I feared, even though my internet is E X T R E M E L Y SSS LLL OOO WWW today. ;)
* put the sheets in the washer
Hmmmm... that's it... except I've eaten waaay waaaay too much junk food.

:arrow: DS had asked yesterday if we could keep the dgrands this afternoon... yes, of course.
-- Then he called back, could we keep them tomorrow afternoon instead? Yes, of course.
-- Also (different call) could we keep dgd all day Wed. & pick up dgs at school? Yes, of course.
-- DS's plans keep changing, through no fault of his own. :roll: See why I can't have a pretty planner???
:arrow: In the meantime, text and phone call telling me that the husband of a dfriend/former coworker had passed away this morning and funeral will not be till later in the week, when dfriend's mother will be out of hospital after having knee replacement this morning! Unbelievable. I fear the funeral will be Friday, after we are already on our way to College Town. Told dh we must send flowers as soon as we know arrangements.

I'm sorry to hear your dd and dsil are having trouble, LadyM. (((HUGS)))

(((Kathryn)))

Yes, Dee, my dgs turned 6 this summer, too. Time IS flying by, isn't it???

Birthdays... I think dmom has forgotten mine. DH says I should "remind" her that she was in ass't living on my birthday. That seems very awkward to me -- I don't mind reminding her of other family birthdays, but good grief, if she can't keep up with me, her own first-born... sigh...

Harriet, is older dd and her family still dry? I think you said they were closer to the coast?
Thanks for the info re: Raleigh. I am sure ds and his bunch will get info if their event is canceled or postponed. I was just "curious to know" as dgs would say.

Blessed, my dmom is very much a hypochondriac too, and I imagine living alone does make the situation a thousand times worse. And the fact that she is a hypochondriac doesn't mean she ISN'T sick, of course, LOL. She truly does have a LOT of health concerns... but sometimes, I think she is too anxious to run to the doctor, when certain things could just run their course and go away on their own. But at this point, she is again able to drive herself to her appts and I am able to take a breath, so for that I am very VERY thankful.

Waving to Nancy... Austin Granny... Twins... and EVERYONE ELSE!!! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Happy Birthday Blessed.

Lucylee - Think of DM as being distracted on your birthday. Speaking as one who has been there, the lack of a phone call doesn't mean that she didn't think of you on the day, or that she knows how to approach the subject now. Finding a good time to call can sometimes seem too hard.
Her gift to you was that she was in assisted living at that time, and not having you run every which-way.

My Monday - yoga.. was that an unconscious sleep during final meditation... certainly, I was not 'there' for the guided body awareness discourse.
home
lunch straightaway, and 'help' came 45 minutes early before I'd had a chance to breathe … or catch up on prep.
anyway
after words spoken she left to come back at the appointed hour, and I spent the 40 min doing PUPA, clearance, and dishes catchup. then listened to her ph msg, and rang her agency... More words. I was never going to hear a coming early msg while I'm at yoga.
Meanwhile she her supervisors ear.
another person on her 2nd visit here. anyway - we did the deeds. She remembered a heap of the where things are here, and the vac did work.

Must go. tai chi. lib. groceries today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Home again.

Went back to bed after s2slippers after 3 p.m. I wonder if I am strong enough to change the sheets now before bed tonight? We'll see.

Dh got home at 4:10 so I stayed in bed until 5 and we grabbed supper on the way to the doctor (he's 25 miles away but I have a family doctor I like so am not trading him for anything.) My headache disappeared at some point during my second rest.

Doctor assessed me and listened (see that's why I love him!) and concluded that I'm not getting good quality sleep so that is hindering recovery since it is through sleep the brain heals itself. We'll start with melatonin, omega3, and magnesium in specific doses. I had all three in the house (and take 1/3 of the magnesium he recommended for this automatically.) I thought of taking melatonin but would never have done it on my own. It works for jetlag on me but not regular sleep although he's having me double the dose I'd normally take. I don't do omega3, dh does, but they are here in the house.

Everything else I'm doing is fine. He told me to keep testing myself, rather than shut down for 10 weeks and do nothing. But next time don't test with a concert one day and a movie 2 days later! That's why I had a headache today.

Tomorrow's plan of hair cut and lawn bowling got the go ahead. So I'll do both.

After getting home we walked over to the store to get proper dose magnesium. I've removed the E and Glucosamine from my night-time regular vitamins since the Omega is also supposed to be good for arthritis according to the package. The E was there for brain health (recommended by my previous GP due to family history) so it is out for now since the Omega replaces that as well.

While at the store I picked up meat for a sandwich tomorrow since the lawn bowling includes a picnic.

I'm still under 5K steps for the day but a lot closer than I was before dinner.

Good night all!

Return to “Post When You Can”