Wednesday - reset the week

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday - reset the week

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Big accident on the bridge an hour ago. It was blocked by emergency vehicles and now they've properly shut it down and cleared the cars stuck on it. That's the first time I've seen the bridge closed for any length of time.

I was doing a task from my email that I thought to check when LadyM said she discovered something when she stopped ignoring hers. Got that task done even though it is minor and something recent, not long ignored. There is going to be a postal strike so this had to be mailed out before the strike happens. Stopped watching the bridge and went to mail the letter.

That turned into a 40 minute outing since I ran into the super and went to the basement to talk (no security cameras there so he won't get in trouble for stopping to chat.) I was warning him about a dust-up on Facebook over the past 2 days. He was warning me that management is still gunning for me and complained about the signs I posted promoting the lawn bowling. The rule is I can post 48 hours in advance and they went up in that time frame. The manager is still angry about the dessert pot luck 2 weeks ago. It was threatening weather so we had it in the building lobby.

The main source of her anger is that I'm the named tenant on the application to get a rent rebate for her shutting the tuck shop down. We've lost an amenity so we are entitled to a rebate in rent and I've applied on behalf a group of tenants for that. Last December, I sent her a letter saying if she gave me the tuck shop space for a tenants' meeting room, it would be an amenity and they would be have a defense if anyone applied for a rent rebate. She said no, so I applied for the rent rebate. Can't say I didn't warn her!

Thankfully, we have strong tenant protection laws here so as long as I pay my rent semi regularly, she can't do anything to me without consequences. She took away access to my locker for 3 months a few years ago, and I didn't apply for a rent rebate at that point (loss of not only my locker but my things were trapped inside it AND they did that without notice to me, so 3 strikes.) It wasn't worth the $50 application fee. This time it was worth it because she's making everyone's life awful. Which is what the dustup on the Facebook group was about.

So much negative energy.

Anyway, I'm tired from doing nothing all day so I'm off to bed now. Actually, I'm not very tired but dh is in bed, so I will follow. It will be lovely and cool tonight so we can have the windows open and get fresh air.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Resetting my body now. Just got back from urgent care and waiting at the pharmacy. Started having pain around 7. Not serious at all, just a uti. I wonder if my mood will improve when I am not feverish and sick? Am I angrier than usual due to illness? Obviously it doesn't improve anyone's disposition.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 pm

32c 90 f here.
I just put the sheets in the wm thinking how quickly they will dry once on the line.

Interesting to think of our continuing need to forgive, so we can put down the heavy load that perceived injustice brings, if we continue to carry it.
I know - some people mean to be mean, but often some are just doing what they have been taught or learned to do for whatever reason. Maybe they are thoughtless or ignorant of consequences.
Mostly it helps me to think mostly people do the best they can.
And me. I'm sure my deficiencies have hurt many. And I can't really say I've put down all my baggage.

Remember too the various stages of grief, and all sorts of losses result in grief, and the way on from there is through it..
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:10 pm

((Kathryn)) for negative energy.

((Elizabeth)) for pain.

Lynlee, that was eloquent.
I am checking my baggage. hmmm ...

TaDa of errands -
pharmacy 1
package place

HRH called at a perfect moment and I got in
pharmacy 2
within just a few minutes of their call,
lucky break saving us a trip.

An evening of sorting fabrics.
HRH came down and said,
"I see fabric. That's a good sign."

By the way, it's all over the LR. Intentional.
I have it laid out to look at it in morning light tomorrow.
I imagine I will see some differently and weed some out.
Auditions.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am

(((((d Elizabeth))))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”