Last Friday of the Season

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Last Friday of the Season

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:54 am

In the northern hemisphere, today is the last Friday of summer, in the southern for Lynlee and Kasalia, it's the beginning spring. What do you need to wind up today to close the book on the season and start anew?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Last Friday of the Season

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 am

The season hardly matters here right now, the high will be 89. I think the humidity isn't as high as it was earlier in the summer, not quite as oppressive, but still hot. The fundraiser last night was hot hot hot! Beautiful place on the lake with open "garage" style doors to a huge deck overlooking the lake. Bw2, it was a sailing club that I knew well in my younger days. They have rebuilt and modernized most of it. I just wanted to park myself under some of the big ceiling fans. We were back home early.

I'm going back to the library today, hoping I can wrap up what I need and get back to the writing. The assignment is due on Tuesday; it's a draft this time, but I want to get it as far along as I can.

I need to:
-breakfast and meds
-walk the dog
-write a ck for the cleaning lady (spiffing is done)
-very quick s2s

and I'll be off.

Dfriend M and I are going to jewlers this afternoon too. I have a bracelet that needs cleaning, she needs to pick up her watch, and I need to take my watch for cleaning. Dh and I will do Shabbat dinner at home tonight but I'm not making challah. We've been having a carb-fest and I'm cutting back.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

I can't believe it is Fall!!! Happy spring to d lynlee and kasalia

Good morning d twins and everyone!!!

our temps were horrible too - it was 94 and at first 81 % humidity and then 60 % humidity - a killer for my and dd yougners headaches.
stay cool today if you can d twins... wishing you a great day! Hope you are able to "wind up" all the the things you want to get done!

everyone have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am

Good Morning.

Today for me will be alternating Desk Day, laundry and creative time.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:15 am

Same here: 90 today and high of 62 tomorrow. And of course that extreme temperature change will bring high winds and stormy weather tonight while the cold front moves in.

Spent hours looking for my new medicare card yesterday. :cry: To no avail. This morning I happened to glance at my pocket calendar that I usually take to appointments, opened it and tucked in the back, wallah! I knew I had to put it somewhere sensible. Dh has only had to show his new card once so far. We'll carry them for a while as it says doctors may want to scan the new cards. For those of you not old enough for medicare, :? the old ones had our social security numbers on them. New ones have a new account #. They stopped listing our SS #'s on our insurance cards years ago. But sure enough, when I went to a Dr shortly after that, didn't they ask for the SS #. :roll:

Have to call this afternoon to get dh's surgery time on Monday. (He'll have his gall bladder out and Dr will also remove adhesions from an appendectomy dh had in 1952!) Then in 2 weeks he'll have the stent procedure -think they're doing 2, possibly 3. That will make him at least 12. This guy is a walking medical marvel. Lots, I'm sure, is attributed to his extreme determination. Back in 1963 he was given 2 months to 2 years of life (with Hodgkins). Beat that but all his health issues, mostly, can be traced back to all the radiation.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

Good morning, villagers~
I hadn't been to Fb for 2 weeks so first thing this morning I checked that. Very time-consuming, but I enjoyed seeing lots of photos of family.

This afternoon I'm driving up north to help younger DSis with a project. She and her best friend organize a 5k race every year to raise money for 2 scholarships in memory of their daughters who died within months of each other. The race is tomorrow but I can't go to that because I have to work at the library. This afternoon they have packet pick-up for everyone who registered online to come get their Tshirts and such. We will also register people who prefer to pay in person rather than online. I helped with this last year and it was fun.

I will be up there until after 6 and then it will take an hour to drive home. I've decided that while I'm fixing my lunch I will cook a big pot of hamburger macaroni goulash and put it in the crock pot so it will be ready when DH gets home from work. As long as he puts the lid back on, it will be ok until I get home.

I have done some chores this morning. I'm going to go put my feet up for awhile before the next thing.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:52 am

What a good project, Booksaver. Glad you can help. I've often thought of doing some sort of fund raiser for the scholarship fund for our dgd who died when she was a few hours old. (But then they had a rainbow baby 15 months later & he's always lived for both of them! He just turned 6). We do have a scholarship fund in her name, albeit small -goes to a graduating senior planning to make their career in childhood help of some sort. We kept it at $500/year for now, but who knows in the future. Last year dd received a beautiful note from the recipient. Reminds me I have to find it and print it out for ddil-A. Know they will deeply appreciate it. One more thing to add to my ever-growing list of to-do's before I leave in a little over 6 weeks.

Looked all over for the # I'm supposed to call to get dh's surgical time on Monday. Finally found it in some scribbled notes I took in a phone call from the hospital last week. Was sure I'd written it down somewhere else. Then I found a sheet that said THEY would call us -not true. Color me confused.

I have a thumb nail that has cracked down near the bottom. I keep catching it on things. So afraid of ripping the whole nail off. Sure it will grow out eventually. Ordered finger cots today to wear -probably for months. :roll: Have no ide what caused it. I've tried bandaids and a finger brace -which only got in the way a LOT.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:19 am

Up by 4 w a low. Planning, journal, zone work and a m stuff done. I need a nap! LOL!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 am

Hate those lows, Nancy. I had one Wednesday night and felt it at 1am and ignored it. Got up at 3:45 and it was 60 at that point.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello quiet around here.

Not a busy day. I did go get gas for the car so we'd have it for the weekend. I used almost a tank going to see my DSis on Tuesday. Stopped at post office and then went to next town to take books back and bring some home. I have started going to another library because they have different books and some of the ones I've been waiting forever it seems to read are available there. I have enough books now to read non-stop for a month, but I don't like to make trips back and forth down there because it is too far.

Interesting, this library down there seems busier that the one near me. It is close to a big community where most of the people are retirees, so maybe we old people read in more numbers than younger people who are mostly attached to their phones, etc.

Found our old house where I grew up with DSis online with pics of the inside because it has just been listed and sold. So that was fun to see how nice it is inside and the changes they made, also the things that are still exactly the same 70 years later! DSis and I had fun looking and talking about that.

Well this isn't getting anything done around here. I lost an hour hunting DH's keys all over the house and in the trucks. Later he found them under some wood he'd loaded in the truck bed. :roll: At least they aren't lost forever!

Return to “Post When You Can”