Saturday Seasoning

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday Seasoning

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:29 am

Have a Saturday that's anything but bland!

Sprinkle with enthusiasm, boldness and flare.

Taste-test for oomph.

Is there a puzzle to be solved? Think outside the box... .. um, cooking pot.

For some of us the seasoning has that autumn aroma today. Spicy!

Check last evening in PWYC for news of Kathryn's bracing evening.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday Seasoning

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:24 am

Ds still hasn't checked in with me. I'm using my phone data on Facebook to contact his friends.

Made a hot drinkable tea using candles. Will get showered and dressed next since we still have hot water. I am using Dh's portable battery pack to recharge my phone. Slept poorly. Wind has died down and cold has moved in so am able to use the balcony for a fridge.

I finally figured out how to use my phone to post here. It isn't through a regular browser but it works.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 am

Hoping your power might be restored sooner than later, Kathryn. Know our friends on the west side of Ottawa all posted that they're ok. Know a tornado went through here about 45 miles to our east last night. I kept hearing the wind through much of the night. It's cold here too. And today's "Halloween" here at the campground. Know last year it was so hot we went out and bought an EZ up to sit under while we gave out candy. This year, I may have to keep coming in to get warm.

Dh had to run a 'splitter' over to DS-A last night. His Dstepson was camping in front of them and they needed one for the electric box. I stayed home where it was warm and not windy!

Dh got his time for his surgery on Monday -9:40am. Supposedly they're sending him home the same day. He's never come home the same day after surgeries because of heart issues. But....we'll see I guess. Of course it's the one day our dgd23 isn't working there. I may just text her and tell her not to worry about coming in to see him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 am

Well I'm sorry about the bad weather and power outages. What an excitement! 16,000 people without power in Ottowa according to TWC right now. Also pics of the flooding in Oklahoma. Wow.

I got an early start on things that needed done around here. Have one bed changed so far and sheets washing. Paid a bill online. I've finally mastered that and it is quicker than pen and check. I've learned to pay off the bill pay page instead of the first page (possible) because when I do that the confirmation number disappears in about 2 seconds.

Still very warm here every day but I do notice mornings are a bit cooler (few degrees) for a short time.
OK back to work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:01 am

What a perfect way to season our day! thank you d Harriet! Nothing better than starting ones day with a smile! wishing you a great day.
by the way do you write poetry?

d kathryn - I hope your power comes back soon and that you and your dh can talk to each other soon. I am thinking of you! praying you are getting better!

hi d dee praying for your sweet dh.
wishing you a great day.

hello to everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:18 am

Glad to hear that Kathryn is safe, albeit without power. One doesn't think of tornados in the northeast so much.

I think (hope) I have figured out an activity for 45 min of Sunday school with a mixed age group of kids tomorrow - will be a genealogy scavenger hunt. Hope it goes over okay. And there are two community funerals tomorrow - one at 10 a.m. graveside and one at 1 p.m. graveside, both members of that congregation so the building will be busy.

The pain in my mouth has returned - it's called trigeminal neuralgia and it's bad right now. I am upping the meds to try to get it under control. I have a dr appt in Nov - I'm hoping not to have to go back until then. I'm glad I don't have anything on the calendar for today.

Trigeminal neuralgia https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353344
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:32 am

Good day to all of you!!!

d twins.. neuralgia stinks!!! That is actually what dd youngers body is like. Also a nerve issue. I am so sorry you are being hit with pain! Hope you feel better fast! I hope your flare up calms down.. I am so sorry you are in pain.

Yesterday ended up being an all day errand run(day 2 8-) ) for d mom and myself. No housework. But my stress level went down bc I got these things done.

--------------------------------------
okay - look away!!!! this is just me putting my stress on paper... :shock: :lol: :D ;)

trying to figure out my stress. It is really affecting me physically. I have a dr. appointment for a physical - wondering if it physical more then mental.

I did get sick after d mom called - she was wanting to know what time I was getting her even though I wanted to finish my routines - not meanly, also about her health. I did see d mom calls a lot - depending if I am with her or not.
most days with her are 4 - 5 phone calls in the morning, one at night. - most days it is 8 times a day and wednesday it was 11. knowing that helps me see to expect it and hopefully not stress out about it. And know her phone calls about her health - body - (super healthy individual but constantly worries about her body and needs to tell someone).
Taking a few things into my hands now re: her drs. Also I might start typing a weekly or monthly list of her appointments, and what we are doing on those appointments, so she can make sure it is on her calendar.

I have to see how to help dd younger keep moving forward without her getting discouraged. She did get a feature of her picture on a colorado instagram.
her adhd and the brain injury messes with her ability to create a productive day. no balance to help her get things done. then she gets frustrated.

make sure I take time for dh

Accept that not everyone sees the house the way I do. my dh is dirty (not sloppy - it's more the all cleaned up with a dirty neck) (not about his appearance, but does not grasp that having things put away (keeping a lot) is not the same as cleaning- his areas are dirty underneath (always); but I don't know how to explain it but he dirty. a wonderful man though! it's really awful - where he touches is always dirty - walls, tables, his bathroom sink (every day), no cleaning. He uses the anti bacteria stuff all day on his hands and I wonder that if he would wash his hands instead that it would stay cleaner. His sweet mom was like this too. it looked straightened always but it was dirty.

dd younger is still leaving things out at night when she comes home.

I am still trying to de clutter so I don't keep making hot spots. I think that will help everyone.

lol I don't want to keep feeling like we are moving.. constantly it the midst of moving things in the house and moving things out. 8-) :D
-------------------
my morning therapy is over :D 8-)

told d mom I was staying home today to work. I haven't been home in 2 days.

wishing you all a brilliant fall or spring day!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 am

Dup. Post please ignore.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 am

Errand day here. Have a great Sat. Everyone!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 pm

have a fun errand day d nancy!

Return to “Post When You Can”