SUNDAY NEW SEASON

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SUNDAY NEW SEASON

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 am

Well, in the Western Hemisphere, it's now Fall. How did THAT happen already? Feels like Fall here for sure. It was 45 out this morning. Dh did turn our furnace on for one round, but I'm afraid we might need it again in a while. We're using electric for some heat in between.

Dh has gone to winterize one of the 'seasonal' campers already this morning. He plans to drive over by DS-A's RV to see if there's any updates on dggd4. Have no idea if they kept her, if she needs surgery or if they were able to set her leg. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

For once I slept all night. Woke up with my bladder calling about 6:10. Came out in the recliner after taking my T-med so dh could use the bed for his exercise when he got up.

Dh just came in -"You're done already?!" "No, I forgot my tool kit". :roll: That's what he said :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SUNDAY NEW SEASON

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:21 am

(((your sweet dgd and her d dad - sorry that they had an accident - praying she feels better and heals very fast d dee))) sweet little one.

hahahaha re: your dh...

I am so happy you had a wonderful night sleep! have a great day d dee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:32 am

still can't find the little birdie in the 3 season room but I saw it ate. I would like to find it to take it to the wildlife centre here where they rehabilitate birds and wild creatures.

In working yesterday on the papers etc the rest of my house went "boom". how does that happen! :shock: 8-)

A large bunch of robins where here the other day - probably starting their migration south. The is a brisk chill in the air and I am loving it.

Wishing you all a wonderful day or evening - what ever time zone you are in!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:19 am

Dh stopped on his way back from winterizing the RV this morning. Dggd4 was kept in the hospital overnight after they set her leg. DS-A finally got home about 4am. Dggd's Mom/boyfriend came to the hospital (no scene thank goodness) and will be taking her home with them hopefully later today. Dgs stayed at the hospital with her as well. Know ddil had her hands full with all the other kids last night.

Now I find myself in another dilemma. Got an email from dgd23's aunt this morning. The bridal shower scheduled for November 3rd had to be changed. We were really stretching it to stay until the 3rd as it was. And I was hoping the shower would be that morning so we could get on the road to FL that afternoon. Now it's scheduled for later Sunday afternoon, meaning it would be the 5th before we can even think about leaving. We have a pretty strong commitment in FL on the 6th. Almost thinking of just plain leaving on October 31st as we'd first planned. We're also concerned about the weather with waiting nearly another week. The only reason I'd be staying is because the shower will be small as it is. Just dgd's 2 aunts, a great aunt on that side and her granddaughter Then there's our dd who's feelings are pretty hurt -first because none of us will make the wedding in December, dgd seems to have pretty much not included our side of the family in any of the planning (wedding dress shopping, etc, etc), and that she can't come to the shower either. Unfortunately it seems that dgd's fiancé's family have taken over the wedding and all its planning. Have a feeling they're paying for it as well. "Family dynamics" -wonderful aren't they?!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:40 am

yes - family dynamics can be interesting d dee 8-) :D
hope you are having a great morning.

ready to start.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Happy fall ya-all!

H tried to change out the stitch but it did not work need to return it and get others.
Planning, at, journaling done.
I know what we will had a for meals today.

I need to freeze up the broth.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:35 pm

HAPPY FALL BACK AT YOU d NANCY !

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:36 pm

dd older and I went for a ride and a juice run for her and coffee for me.. I still have juice from yesterday

I did a garbage run, a dishes run, a recycling run
most of my morning routine is done.
listened to services (most) on line.
put my october calendar into system

---------------------------------------
next check in. had lunch... veggie smoothie from local place - pear/cilantro/spinach/????? I don't know what else they put into it but it is soo good.
skyr yogurt
- washing laundry - I wash the swiffer dusters to use over and over.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Struggling here. At dd's trying to cook up meatloaf tourtiere, meatballs, chicken soup and shepherd's pie plus a Blueberry Buckle for dessert (I have 20 pounds of frozen blueberries now defrosted.)

I'm at the end of my rope and burned 3 doz cookies for no apparent reason in dd's oven (preheated it to 375 and they burned to a crisp in 6 minutes but the parchment paper burned too so it wasn't at 375.) I'm afraid to use her oven for the dessert and the meatloaf, we are using the crockpot for the shepherd's pie.

Soup and meatballs (they are in a crockpot) are underway. Hopefully, all will turn out. I've invited everyone in the facebook group to dinner. That would be 40 people. I'm banking on the 3 invitations to 1 acceptance rule!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:27 pm

A normal Sunday. Church with family & friends followed by lunch with family & friends. I absolutely love Sunday normal activities!

Out of the normal - DH stayed at the church for 1.5 hours to counsel a couple that has been together for 30 years. In a last-ditch effort to not get a divorce, they requested this meeting. Unfortunately, neither of them are willing to negotiate or compromise so it doesn't seem like there is much hope for their marriage. So sad. There aren't big issues (no abuse) just both of them demanding everything be their own way.

I am going to try for another nap today. I want to train myself to take an 30 minute to an hour nap.

I have a daily walking partner! We are meeting at the walking track at 6pm each day. This is the Mom of DS10 best friend so it also involves DS10 and friend getting some exercise. I think the 2 boys are planning to run instead of walking. And a friend is going to start doing Tai Chi with me twice a week. WHOA! I just realized this means 9 hours of exercise is added to my week!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”