SUNDAY NEW SEASON

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: SUNDAY NEW SEASON

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:57 pm

((Dee)). If they are paying... .. hmmm. That has a bearing, but still needs a LOT of input from the bride's direction and an inclusion of her family A LOT.

Kathryn, I've missed something. Which fb group is this? Even parchment paper burned... uh, oh. An off-kilter temp knob on the oven, perhaps?

Dd and I were out the door early to rehearsal, home again during SS and out the door again for the service. It was just she and I leading singing today. So, soprano-heavy, but it is what it is. Dd valiantly took an alto part to end one song, but we're not capable of learning more harmony than that on the spur of the moment with everything else we have to think about to lead.

A bright spot was that I learned our long-time sub pianist has agreed to sub next Sunday. It's nice to keep a tie with her even though she has left.

Came back and visited with dstepson a while.

Then back out to pharmacy to pick up a few things. Dd needed painter's tape.

blessed, we also listened to a service in car. The young man sent his church's of today.

Then we foolishly tried Five Guys again. At other areas people say they are truly good, but not here - I almost doubt it's the same chain, but it must be. About once every couple years we forget how awful ours are around here, and try. They have a veggie sandwich, which I ordered. It was the best item we tried, but not worth a revisit. Dd's grilled cheese was not exactly bad, but tiny. And the fries were their same, gray colored hard things, swimming in grease.

This afternoon she is working on 3 projects for school at once. Watercolor, digital art, and essay, I think.

I will "join" her, but mine is textiles with some geometry on the side. ;) Oh, and I'll also be reading again BookSaver's many textile thoughts in A, C and N.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:18 pm

I am enjoying my sunday - the house has had its routines done and it looks better. little bird flew up to the window and hid again when I took out the screen. Hoping that it goes out the window I have open. I wanted to work in the 3 season room but it's best to leave it be. praying it flies out to meet it's birds friends. (cats know there is something out there :| )

i have to empty the dw still
hang up clean laundry
put away from front hall.
paper 1"
swish and swipe the upstairs toilets

d kat has been helping me re: projects - there is a video on it. I am not doing zones at all. She helped me realize that I was over doing my kitchen and bathroom routines and it has taken lots of stress off... perfection type of thing. The swish and swipe is working well for me. I don't swish and swipe one day of the week.

hi d lady. I am thrilled you are having Normal Sunday activities!!!
I know something that has been recommended many times - even if they hate each other. Even if the couple doesn't want to they have to thank the other for even the little things - usually both sides think the other side doesn't appreciate them. Also saying a nice thing of how that helped. The big part is they had to do one nice thing for the other each day without expecting anything. (like a secret elf). it helps if the other person notices but when there is anger it is difficult to get past the wrongs they feel they have had. This takes time if they are willing. - to see what is really going on underneath. (usually appreciation of what they do). d peggy had it where they saw love in different ways - he thought she didn't love him because she was always saying I love you etc and he would say thanks... It turns out that he thought he loved her more because he showed is love by doing things for her - if something was broken he would fix it. etc. but after she realized it and started to do thing such as washing his shirts and hanging them up etc. that he started showing the love she liked more. I am praying for this couple. so hard.

yay on having a walking partner

(((d kathryn))) each oven is so different - mine would burn at the correct temp . I have to put my oven on 25 degrees cooler - best wishes!!!! cheering you on
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:21 pm

d harriet busy day!!! so happy the sub is playing next week. good for you being able to listen to the service!
restaurant sounds like it is not run well.
we have a P.F. CHANG at one shopping area that is dirty and and another that is great. (food is so different in quality)
I love hearing about your dd!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm

The tourtiere is in the oven now at 25* below temp. I'll check it at the halfway mark. Can't find a oven thermometer.

Shepherd's pie is in crock pot, meatballs are ready, egg rolls will be in the toaster oven (which has a broken on/off knob but we texted to figure out how to work that.)

I've put away as many of her dishes in the dishwasher and drainer as I can and loaded everything I didn't know where it went into the dishwasher. They can put away. I'll wash up everything we used either today or tomorrow. I'm exhausted. Even getting the soup to a boil on her stove took 25 minutes because high is to high and there doesn't appear to be a simmer, it behaves as off.

I've given up on doing the cake, it can wait until tomorrow.

All that's left to do is garlic bread and that's easy to leave undone.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Aaack. I've been feeling awful. I think it's a combination of being in the heat this afternoon for that funeral, low blood sugar, and the increase in the meds for the trigeminal neuralgia. Nausea, unsteadiness and dizziness are known side effects and I my tummy is upset and feel fuzzy headed. I was able to slowly eat a sandwich when I got home, and I rested awhile. My tummy is still off but I'm sipping some gaterade now too.

Dh's TV isn't helping.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm

((Twins' Mom)) I read the link and next page. I hope this attack is brief and you find a way to take meds, or find meds that don't bother you.

I skipped out on evening church study/meal, which was just too intense social for me and pressure to do even more things. I put up the two different bulletin boards' items I had intended earlier. Also gave the two final people their checks since I found out at morning service they won't be there next Sun. That helps me not to have to do any mailing. Then I left before eating the meal or attending study, which will certainly offend some. I tried to get the lady who cooked alone, to thank her privately and make my apologies for not eating, but I couldn't manage it. Beforehand I had told her it looked so nice.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Hello to everyone!
I am thinking that I am not welcoming the new season with much style...
And if there are any rednecks in our little village... I am their poster child today.
I am sitting here, NOT s2s at 5:00 pm... hair needs washing and is pulled back in a clip.... wearing the t-shirt I slept in, no bra (to further elevate my fashion sense, the T-shirt is emblazoned with the Three Stooges as the Star Trek crew — Moe of course is Spock...) yesterday’s shorts... and flip flops.

In my defense: lights out was at 4:00 am
And dgs awoke me at 9:30.

OTOH — we ate at 11:30 when dh awoke, and I KNEW I should s2s RIGHT THEN, NO EXCUSES....
BUT... I retired to the recliner as soon as ddil left with dgs, and there I have spent my afternoon.

We did empty the dishwasher... that’s something. Waking up to type this has actually given me some energy. I think I will s2s now.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm

(((d twins feel better))))

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 pm

And if there are any rednecks in our little village.

I don't think we have any rednecks in this group. I looked up the meaning to make sure ....

Cambridge dictionary = a poor, white person without education, esp . one living in the countryside in the southern US, who is believed to have prejudiced (= unfair and unreasonable ) ideas and beliefs

Note:
This word is usually considered offensive

Wiki = white man who lives in the interior of that country and has a low income......Nowadays it is often used to pejoratively call the conservative southern whites. The term is also widely used to despise the working class and rural whites.

I am proud of my country roots. Although I am not a male, I am white and live in a rural area. I guess others despise me for that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:24 pm

LadyM, I have never heard the term “wiki” before. LOL — if I had been asked to guess, I would have said it was a person who relied too heavily on Wikipedia for all information. LOL. (Dh might say that describes me too, actually, but I would argue that point.)

But yes, like you, I am proud of my country, rural, small town roots.

And now, I’m clean at least!
To continue to give y’all a little snapshot of my unending fashion-forward ways, I am now in jeans, a brown t-shirt, and somewhat beat-up Sperry Topsiders.
My hair is piled up on top of my head in a t-shirt stained with hair color dye, which is printed with the Dog-Gone with the Wind poster.
— This is a parody print by Big Dog sportswear. I don’t know if they are in business any longer, and I really hate that I messed up my shirt! My brother used to work for them in Florida when he got out of college, and he gave me the shirt. All their designs had/have dogs, like dh’s which is an album cover of Garth Barks.

I’ve dond my allergy shots and MUST get finished and ready to go to Wmart...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”