MAKIN' IT MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: MAKIN' IT MONDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello

d twins - so happy you were able to get to the therapist... it always feels better to have the insight and the ability to talk. wonderful that the pain is gone since Saturday.

hi d Cathy - wow on the lights not working from the storm
hope you have a great day

hi d kathryn (((feel better))) I am sure when you push yourself to hard that it is hard on your concussion healing. a nap is good

hi d dee - welcome home after your morning.
(((for your sweet dggd4))))
fast healing to your sweet dh.

hello everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

finished the shelf in the 3 season room but found water damage on the bottom of the wall :o

taking a break. then clean up the bird seed and water from bird that I "think" went out the window yesterday.

still have to:

move the couch and vacuum underneath it. put stuff down stairs that needs to be put away on the proper shelves..

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Blessed I used to try to declutter when h was at work before he got on board. I do get comments from time e to time so I still like to do it when I am up first for example.

H. Is home noonish he left early so brought home baked chicken it was yummy for my lunch.
Getting ready to put fertilizer on the grass.

Got the trash dumped, and swept the carport, deck and patio.
Boiled and peeled eggs.

Walked the ddog this morning.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi everyone! I am still feeling distinctly sub-par despite being on the last day of the antibiotics. I think I could get better if I just didn't have to eat. Nothing agrees with me. I look about 7 months pregnant. My kidney area is less sore, but it is hard to sit comfortably. My car is in the shop and I have a rental now.

My trash can is full again from yard work. I got LOLs done all the way yesterday. I did not get the master bath or MBR done. The hallway is actually worse because all the stuff I emptied from the car is there. Party invitations have been sent to church friends and animal friends. I still have the usual suspects to go. DD16 spent Sunday studying except for church. I told the x I needed receipts for the expense spreadsheet he sent me and he was pretty put out, complaining that he would have to find them. He said the other woman made the spreadsheet. This is not a surprise because he never did anything involving paperwork or bills and budgeting. Why should I trust her accounting? I doubt there will be any discrepancies, but I would have a good laugh at him if there are. If someone sends me a bill for $1300, they had better have documentation. (Given her health plan and the procedure she had done in the spring, this is not an eyebrow-raising sum. But even honest people make honest mistakes and adulterers are, by definition, not honest people.) I worked some on a sewing project too.

DD16 will be camping with the other family next weekend if there is wifi at the campground (likely). I have sent a text to the x saying I need to know soon, so I can make plans. Let him wonder what I am up to. He got all bent out of shape when I was going to lunch with "Tom". (The name was not really Tom, but a soundalike and is our former pastor's sister).

It's starting to feel like fall (AKA DreadWinter) in the morning. Tonight I have an errand and possibly groceries.

In answer to lucylee's question on Thursday: yes, it is the Halloween party I am planning. It will be on Oct 20. If any of you are in the ABQ metro area, send me a PM, and I will send you an invitation. I know it's unlikely, but not impossible!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Just coming by to see if Dee was here. Glad to see you and DH are home, hope some permanent improvement was achieved.

Had to make a trip out this morning and traveled on a rather dangerous road.

Big storm overhead. See ya later.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm

hello d harmony - glad you are safe after driving down such a treacherous road. stay safe tonight.
hi d Elizabeth - oh my I wish you feel better soon! totally understand about the spreadsheet - there should be something you can look at. I am sorry he gets upset - you have your own life and you are making i great!

so nice that you dh is on board. I like working first thing too - He looked less stressed when he saw what I had done. this morning he touched everything - he didn't ask why I was getting rid of this stuff which was wonderful 8-) :D Sounds like you have a great productive day!

the 3 season room looks so much better. I haven't done my dailies and it shows.
put away the pool stuff for the winter

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Stopping to check my cards and CUOP. Soooo glad to see Dee & DH at home and recovering

Big rocks accomplished today -
** Homeschool Day #47
** DGD7 picked up from school. Fed a snack, listened to her read and checked her math homework.
** Made a meatloaf in the Instant Pot. I am thankful to not need to use the oven & heat up the house.
** Created calendar & did some planning for October. Yug. It is a busy month. Only one day without anything on the schedule (other than normal homeschool and stuff).
** Completed 64 cards = 8 hours 48 minutes. I should be able to do another 20 cards or so today. That sounds like a lot but remember these cards are broke down into tiny tasks. Out of curiosity I just did an average of the time to on all of the cards. I'm surprised that it shows 16 minutes to be the average. I am not sure that is correct. I thought it would be more like 5 minutes on average. I need to evaluate that formula. The average time for each of the cards completed today is 8 minutes. WHY AM I SIDETRACKING MYSELF WITH THIS? ARgh!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 pm

I have unloaded and put away the dishes. Hot the lawn fertilized. Too early for dinner. Tossed an old rose Bush I dug out earlier in the month.I used my IP for cooking eggs. Saw the pioneer woman has a prettier one than my stainless steel one out now if you do not have one yet. Leaves are falling in the breeze I swept the patio again after I cleaned off the ouyt door kitchen area.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 pm

dinner is done. time for clean up.

hi d nancy and hi d lady.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 pm

I napped after lunch then the internet came on but I had no time to enjoy it because I had to go off with ds.

This house looks like a winner! After looking at dozens online and a dozen in real life, (this is just the 4th I've seen) this one ticks almost all the boxes. It is missing a garage but there's room for one. It is small but not too small. It is move-in ready (if you ignore the roof shingles.)

The upstairs isn't what ds wanted because of the sloping roof-line, In fact, the wide-angle lens messed up the perception of that so he was really disappointed when we finally got up there (up until then, the house was perfect.) I suggested doing a pushout at the back when the shingles needed replacing and just using a downstairs bedroom for now. So he reconciled to that, then we got outside and realized the roof needed redoing now. Funny enough we cheered about that since he can just add the reno to the mortgage.

The listing is wrong in a couple of places so he'll probably put in an offer for 20K less (and that should get him the expanded upstairs.)

It too far away for my comfort (a 42 minute commute to his work) but there's a hospital 6 minutes away and another 20 minutes away and he's qualified to work at them. He plans on getting hired on as a casual clerk and keep his part-time job in the city until he can be guaranteed enough hours locally.)

Best of all, it is rural. About 3 minutes out of the town, 20 minutes from our large shopping town from when we lived in the country. There are cows grazing across the street, crops behind him. He can shoot there on his property. He can do the crazy stuff he wants to do, like weld (there's a workshop with power and water.)

And the basement has 9' ceilings (the house was lifted and a proper foundation put in 9 years ago) so he can have a workshop inside as well as outside.

It is a close to perfect and just within his price range.

We came home and dh had dinner on the go so I fed him and sent him off to work with leftovers from yesterday. He'll sleep away the day and the agent will get answers and an offer will go in tomorrow night, most likely.

Return to “Post When You Can”