Tuesday Travels

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Travels

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:54 pm

I hope you get better rest later today d kathryn.

hi d elizabeth.

hi d lucy... I do love my kat! she really is helping me. I am EXACTLY the same way. If I don't do what she suggests in the am then my world seems to become the biggest ADHD moment. no momentum or focus.

but right now, I'm just going to concentrate on getting myself up and at 'em each day. Or at least, dressed AS IF I am ready to be " 'at em"

this is so so awesome d lucy!
nice to hear other dh's feel that way! :D
Have fun with your d gs!

went to the hair dye place. Made a hair cut appointment for next time.
I no longer look like peppy la pew (spelling???) or Corilla de ville (spelling?) :D 8-)

came home and my heart sank a bit as it still looks dirty. It's amazing how these sweet animals (me and the dogs and cats can make a home - a tv show of how clean is your house). I missed my dailies yesterday and yuck there it went! So fascinating that when I do my dailies each morning my home looks beautifully clean. I miss a day of vacuuming the first floor and brushing the dogs/cats that my home is disgusting. I didn't do a clutter check yesterday and wowzers.

for me, right now, is to make sure i do my daily swish and swipe and not go for perfection. 5 minutes.

I have to remember 'I can do this" - It will get longer if I don't look at it positively.
the dishwasher turned itself off when I was gone - ;)

I don't want to finish the morning routine in the kitchen but will. I know it will make things better.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 pm

I had another fantastic night sleep. EIGHT HOURS both nights which rarely happens. Hum.....I have walked the last 2 days and had a great night sleep the last 2 days. I'm thinking they are tied together. Or are influenced by each other.

Tonight I am going to attend Tai Chi class instead of walking at the park. I suspect my steps count won't increase much while doing Tai Chi. It is a series of slow movements.

Homeschool Day #48 is done. It wasn't our best day with several interruptions but we kept on keeping on. We started at 9am and finished at 4pm. We had 3 pauses lasting about an hour each so we did school for about 4 hours.

DGD7 is here from school. I have fed her a snack (Lunchable) and reviewed her science homework. She missed one so we discussed that. The question she missed was "What part of the plant holds it up?" She answered "The roots". I had her read the science book about the parts of a plant again and she realized it was the stem.

I don't know if this is always true, but I always felt like the real estate agent works for the seller more than the buyer. The seller is the one who selected & hired them. The inspector is hired by the buyer and seems to be looking out for the buyer instead of the seller. I was told to not let the real estate agent select the inspector because they wouldn't select the toughest/best inspector. If the agent gets an inspector that does a light-weight job then the chances of finding something wrong with the home is in favor of the seller. And that means the real estate agent gets paid sooner.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm

WTG, LadyM, on the walking (and sleeping!) I’m falling behind on exercise, since getting in
a l m o s t 10,000 steps Saturday. Almost.
Pretty much nothing since. :(

Third load of laundry washing...
Second load hanging to dry...
First load on bed waiting to be folded.

Trying a new meal tonight.
Zattaran’s jambalaya mix with crawfish.
I am NOT impressed with crawfish — I love shrimp and crab, but crawfish look like giant worms or roaches to me.
Dh, ds, and dgs LOVE crawfish... and ds suggested this to dh... so... we shall see...
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Crawfish... nope, not a fan.
Dh and dgs loved it though.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 pm

hi d lady and hi d lucy!

wishing you both and everyone a lovely evening - d lynn and all our australian sisters good morning!

fighting not finishing - kitchen is clean - I did a home blessing in the dining room.
I just can't do any more even though I want to.
wishing everyone the best!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Wednesday upanattum
tmeds and boxed next 8 days. (I work in 1/2 tablets, so 8 suits. 2 boxes of 4 spaces, days initial written on front with one spare for 8th day.)
b2bed. read. For once a well written autobiography they tells well of those times. Author is a retired jurno, 5 years younger than me so I know those times for where I was in rural living.)
d2s even
lol doing its thing. I'm fed.

IKWYM of head bumps and dangerous speed bumps.
Twins - on reading more of that facial nerve disorder, I think mine is slightly different. Mostly I wouldn't describe it as a jolt of electricity. I think muscles are involved with it as well as some head movements set it off, and I have long had visual 'lightening around the edges on vigorous sneezing (not due to my eyes, apparently) and showers of sparks when I turned my head since the rollover accident almost 16 years ago. Sometimes the odd falling star is all I notice now, and I am way more used to both so don't get into fits of worry about it.
Multiple childhood head injury 'accidents' as well as spinal and facial 'incidents. The cheek bone I fell on when my friend special ed student teacher was practicing a dx exercise to test for past infant brain damage that was way beyond my then abilities. It ached a long while, and that numbness has been there a lot over the 4+ decades.
Most likely symptoms are signs of a whole lot of things. I avoid pain killers as much as I can, as all I have available atm that doesn't cause problems is paracetamol (tryonel?) so long as the preservative isn't sulphates.

Time to put washing, I'll put the next lot on quick cycle and hope the showers stay away long enough to get it all dry.

this post didn't land 50 min ago.
All washing is now on the line/ drying frame.
Yes clouds are mostly back taunting me.
Hopefully the things on the veranda edge will be slightly more dry before they have to come in and fight over space to hang from the door frames. Some could go over the tub, I suppose.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I've worked on the family narrative all day and I just need to turn.it.in.and be.done. I have other things to do tomorrow and I can't keep obsessing on this. I have another month to get the final work done so I have to stay with it.

Tomorrow I need to get groceries, take a load to goodwill and recycle glass, and see my dmom. What else?

I'm actually going to proof this in the a.m. and upload then.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:29 pm

you will get it done! well done - look what you gone done today! well done again

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 pm

I turned it in...done and done for now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Off to bed now. I just have to hold the thought of putting the sheets in the dryer, in my head until I step away from the keyboard.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... Winchester

In case anyone is interested.

In Canada there is often a buying agent and a selling agent. Both are paid by the seller. In this case, the agent deserves every penny he'll get. He is required by his professional association to only represent ds.

He did put in an offer with multiple escape clauses and almost 20% below asking. At first we were shocked at the suggested low price but then I remembered the house I didn't get to see because it sold too quickly and ds went over that in his head. It was bigger overall and had the same asking price. Of course this place has much more land. But the other was in the village on services, not well & septic.

So, we were in love and didn't want to miss out on this house and the agent is standing firm that it is overpriced. So definitely protecting ds. We'll find out sometime tomorrow if we've insulted them. The house has only been on the market a few days so to get a quick but low-ball offer may not work. On the other hand, they want a quick closing and since ds rents he can give them that.

Dh and I ate up more leftovers from Sunday night and I sat and did nothing all evening. Off to bed (after the laundry room!) now.

Return to “Post When You Can”