Tuesday Travels

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Travels

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm slow on getting news. I now understand why Cathy said 100 km. There were 6 tornadoes, not 3 but the others were farther away in the bush.

On the plus side, dh and I got both the severe thunderstorm warning on our phones and TWO tornado warnings. The first about 10 minutes before I took the video (so was for the one I ended up filming) and the second during the video (that would be for the one that took our the power to the city.) Two of the three warnings came in simultaneously, the final warning was delayed on dh's phone.

Dd got the warnings but not on her iPhones, just on dgs phone she uses for youtube videos of ducks.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 pm

bittersweet wrote:
[color=#8000BF]Giggling at the thought of poor Harmony running like mad on a squeaky hamster wheel! :lol:

HaHa! That is what today felt like. This afternoon and evening was more of the same. I ran out and paid for a whole housefull of appliances... high end they turned out to be.... and more discussion with DH resulted in more squeaky wheel work and notes for him for tomorrow as he has his own slew of squeaky wheels at the moment.

Good thing happened at job though. Road guys are grading and scraping the dirt road out there and homeowner invited the guys up for a drink and they came up in their equipment, grading and leveling as they came...so now the long drive DH has been working on is all fixed ready for the top coating!

This is all for the house we're building, jumping through all the hoops needed to finish.

I was just wiped out from all this today and the bad drive yesterday. Almost didn't get dinner made but found something easy in the refrigerator and had stopped at store on the way home and brought corn on the cob so I made those things and let the dishwasher do its thing. Maybe tomorrow will be easier. I still have more phone calls to make.

DGSon at college called tonight and we had the nicest phone conversation. Girlfriend has started writing him nice letters which he answers and he has discovered how easy it is to send a letter off and asked for our address. He's discovered how nice it is to get stuff in his mailbox besides ads! The youth group fellow DH wrote to at basic training also wrote back to us and DH was very happy 8-) and surprised and will probably write back. So snail mail is NOT dead after all. Our family is keeping it alive!

Bittersweet, nice to have you here with us today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 pm

I did an after dinner spiff, and the main bathroom it looking good except the knob h glued on twice needs a diff kind of glue. H had a very long day. We can use the lawn after fertilizing this week. I am glad ddog will be ecstatic! :mrgreen:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:47 am

washing is all in. /mostly away.
4 spots fell from the sky but atm its blue sky all over.
Had a nice talk with dm. Things are busy there with bro farm sale finalizing. cattle to go is next up.
Then there will be a new access road to build for dm.
Maybe then the rest of her place will go back on the market and perhaps sell? Or will she opt to stay there.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”