Happy Thought Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Happy Thought Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:08 pm

waving d twins, d elizabeth, d kathryn, d nancy, d lady, hello.

yay d lady!

I just got home. Mom is in a bit cranky. we did pick up corn stalks and mums. Another garden shop is closing. The land on this road used to be all country side and now it is one mall after another. so sad. I moved out her for the schools and the country side.

dd younger is cranky. like that annoyed cranky.

I want to finish:
our bedroom blessing
swish and swipe in the bedrooms

I have to finish
bills, paperwork, credit card and checking account balance.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:32 pm

YEAH!!! My query finally works! Now all I have to do is assemble the report around it.

It's really sad about those malls because so many are virtually empty now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 pm

I have decluttered the fridge.plus tossed the old flower heads I pulled from the patch on the east side of the house.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:32 pm

I fed DGD7 a snack after school and listen to her read the assigned homework. It is too muddy for the kids to play outside so I allowed them to have screen time for an hour. Then I walked them to the local church to attend kids church. soooooo - that means I have two hours of quiet all to myself!

I took a 30-minute walk by myself and then came home and made up a drink. It is a weird drink but it tastes good to me. I used a stick blender to mix up 16 oz of coffee left from this morning, a banana, and a couple drops of caramel flavoring. MHHHhhhh. I am a bit shocked by how good it tastes.

I have been going almost non-stop for the past 11.5 hours. I just want to sit here with my feet up and do nothing. I especially don't want to have to make any decisions.

-------------------Editing to add---------------

So much for my desire of doing nothing. My phone rang about 2 minutes after I posted the above. DGD7 was not behaving right at church so I went and brought her home. Lessons she learned....."If you hang around friends that are misbehaving then you are caught up in their wrong actions too"
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm

glad you had a nice walk d lady!

yay on your work d elizabeth!

hi d all.

dinner is done but now it's time for clean up. I haven't touched my paperwork.
tomorrow is our quilt appliqué class. I have already done appliqué before but I wanted to do this with dd younger. Its done with wool and is a fall design

take care everyone

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Ds wrote that he is looking at the two other houses in the town now. I've drawn up a comparison spreadsheet and marked which house wins in which category.

Then I spent some time looking for something elsewhere. Found something promising about 10 minutes closer to his work on the west side of the city instead of the south. Has carport for 4 cars attached to the house and another for an RV and more parking for RVs. Good sized house on a good sized lot but not really rural (i.e. I doubt he could shoot there.) And I found another one by the river, somewhat closer to the hospital. We'll see what he thinks. Poor kid, I sent 6 links in total.

Off to bed now. I'm tired and I just saw a bat out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't a bat, it was my eyelid twitching because I'm tired.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:08 am

lol re: seeing the bat... you were exhausted!!!!
so nice of you doing that for your ds.

Return to “Post When You Can”