Happy Thought Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Happy Thought Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 am

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
― Marcel Proust

I saw this quote online yesterday and thought of my village friends here.

Happy Wednesday!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Happy Thought Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:36 am

I'm up. Slept a long time. Was in bed 11 - 8:30 without getting up once. Woke up at 6:40 and again at 8. Dh had a conference call with Finland at 7 but I fell back asleep after he left.

Our UPS in the living room is clicking. I'm not sure if it was damaged in the outage or if power is really uneven and it is kicking in to smooth it. Will have to look into that more. This one powers our internet (both modem and router), VOIP phone system and 3 of the phones, my computer and monitor plus my charging station. So it has a lot drawing on it and I can't afford for it to go down (that's not really true, I can sub in the TV UPS and leave the TV components unplugged.)

I don't know what today has to offer. I'm sick and my head is thick. Can't tell if that's the cold or the concussion. I don't think I have anything I have to do. Have yet to set up my bullet journal for this week. I know I have a play on Friday and dh leaves on Saturday. Dd gets home on Friday, I think.

She reports that dgs has to walk more and is improving since he doesn't want to be carried places. Even without a car, he doesn't get to walk much since she puts him in the stroller or wagon to go to the store or park and in the carrier or stroller to go on the bus.

They are staying in their old university in a student apartment and it is a long walk to the car. They don't have a stroller with him so he's walking way more and she commented that he's not trailing his hand along the wall much anymore. That's good. He fell over several times at my place when he was here last because I wouldn't hold his hand.

He insisted on calling us yesterday. He'd like me to come visit. He doesn't realize he's 6 hours away by car. I, of course, made the possibility of a visit logical because I visited him last time he was away from home.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 am

And... it's raining again today. We have flash flood warnings and an almost 100% chance of rain all day. I'll go to my body work and then the grocery, but I think loading the car and trip to Goodwill and recycle center may be off the agenda. We'll see later about going to see dmom.

I almost feel a vacuum after turning in my report last night. I ended up pushing up against the max number of pages, so will need to cut and whittle it down, especially since I haven't done all the citations. Of my group, two have not turned in yet.

I need to get my shoes on and head out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:03 am

oh my gosh I loved this quote. It is going in my quotes. thank you d twins! Happy Wednesday to you!
stay safe in the rain! I wish you a wonderful day!

hi d kathryn - so happy you got a great night sleep
Concussions take away your focus and thinking ability because it is trying to heal. I am praying you are not getting a cold.
wishing you a great day!

hello to all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 am

Slow start today but at least I've 'begun'. Was up just before 6 & took T-med. 1/2 hour layer ate 2 snall [ieces of licorice as BS was 65. Finally fell back asleep till after 8:30. Just now finishing breakfast.

Good thing happened at job though. Road guys are grading and scraping the dirt road out there and homeowner invited the guys up for a drink and they came up in their equipment, grading and leveling as they came...so now the long drive DH has been working on is all fixed ready for the top coating!
Being nice does pay off doesn't it! The summer older DS-R was born they were rebuilding our road. Up till then it had been narrow and quite filled with pot holes. (Today cars speed down all the time). But dh would chat with the guys working on the road. Ended up that they dumped all the dirt dug out from the entire roadway on our lot north of our house. It would have needed lots of fill to bring it up to the required building level. There were many 100 truck loads which we would have never been able to afford. Nice! DS-A eventually (20+ years later) built a house on that lot but still needed fill where the house sat to bring that part higher than the road.

I skipped rehab Monday since dh was in the hospital. I'm going this afternoon. HIs nerve block wore off last night and he's now quite uncomfortable but bearing it well. He has PT for his shoulder tomorrow and I'm wondering how he'll do with that. He makes that appointment so early (at least for me). Have to be in there at 7:45am.

Dh found about $200 he'd put in his toiletry case before he came north in March. Well, at least he'll have it for the trip down next month. We have decided we're leaving as soon as all the water is off and completed. Might have to stay here one night without running water but we can get around that with a few jugs.

Can we say "country", Kathryn? That place looks just fantastic for your ds. Hope he ends up getting it. Looked at the pics on the realty site.

I'm not dressed to shoes yet so guess that's up next.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:12 am

I seem to be going to bed thinking - wow look at what you did - and when I wake up I wonder what happened! I think I am still leaving too much out even though I clean underneath. I use my kitchen table as my desk and I think I have to do a put away at 6:00 pm.

I haven't had any time with d mom so I need to do something with her.

wishing you all a great day.

time to start!
morning routine is next
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:34 am

quick wave to d dee!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:03 am

I am up and have done qt journal & planning. Slept well, was up in the nite my bs was elevated. I can hear the compressed going for the emptying our lawn sprinklers. I need to clean the master bathroom, this morning. Glad the yard can be used today yea!
I have don't my anti P task earlier in the week.
Desk day for me to do today.
Waving to everyone have a great day.
I have fish on the menu for tonight.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am

Good morning everyone! My happy thought is: payday is Friday! In the planner meetings I go to (because a good friend started them), a lot of people were working on mood trackers. I already know my mood pattern, it is directly correlated to my bank balance and investment statements and inversely correlated to my debt. Money doesn't buy happiness? What a lie!

DD16 did have homework and while she worked on that, I did some cooking. I am still not so good at eating, but may be getting better. After dropping her off, I bought cat litter and got gasoline. I actually did my WTF, the MBR is no longer stinky, the catbox has been extreme cleaned, and the floor is clean. The other woman's mother has decided not to drop her cat on me while she moves. Considering the feline density, configuration, and temperament at this time, that is a good thing.

LadyMaverick is correct, real estate agents work for the seller (at least in the US). Unless you have a buyer's agent, which is obviously a good thing for a buyer. This does not cost different, just has a little more paperwork.

lucylee: DD16 will be staying with me while her other family goes camping next weekend. She needs internet connectivity to complete her homework. If I were them, I would have changed to a campground with wifi, but that is just me. I think as soon as the x realized I would be planning some adult fun for myself, he wanted DD to stay. He is quite perturbed that mutual friends report that I am enjoying the single life. While that implies some serious partying, what it really means is that I am enjoying his absence! Of course, I deliberately feed into his conception of my wild living by mentioning I have plans, but not specifying what they are. Usually nothing more exciting than dinner with friends, but he has to wonder which friends. It amuses me greatly that a few of my female friends have names that sound male (e.g. Jeri). I always name names when I am seeing them. I also mention when I have plans with N, an obviously female name. However, he knows she is in the party scene, seeking male companionship, and can be a little wild.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm

spoke to d mom - she still says her eye dr. diagnosed her eyes wrong (they did a full exam including a machine and drops) and Now she say she knows she has retina damage from driving a bit west during rush hour in our neighbourhood. she says is not as clear when she looks at her sewing. She is going to get a second opinion when she goes south. She has had 20/20 vision until the last year or so. she had her cataracts removed she said which isn't exactly what she had before the surgery. She loves her new glasses for watching tv but they seem to have made her eyesight worse. So now she stopped wearing the glasses. I think she got used to seeing clear. trying to be supportive but knowing her hypochondriac nature takes over and it is hard to know if she is expecting her body to be like what it was when she was young or she is really having a problem.

Return to “Post When You Can”