Sweet Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sweet Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Day isn't really improving.

I analyzed all the houses ds asked me to look at. Only 3 are possibilities. All three are well and septic so that's always a question mark. Two are very close to water (blocks away) and one is across from a protected old-growth forest with paths. All are old, some indeterminate age.

I biked over to get corn for dinner. Both bike tires needed inflating. As did the car tire (it gave us a low pressure warning yesterday as well so taking the tire to be repaired will be a Monday chore.

It rained on the way back. Cold rain because it is only in the 50's but the sun is also out so that was annoying.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:17 pm

I am having an odd day because of two sick kids. Thankfully they both say they are feeling better, but their lack of energy is telling.

I am trying to play catch up on SHE cards. Yesterday, I was out of the house almost the entire day and was focused on sick kids. The cards didn't get much focus time and it is showing. I really REALLY like being able to keep up with the cards and that desire is motivation for me to dig myself out of this hole. yes, I know P&P tells us to just start fresh....but I don't wanna. I want the feeling of accomplishment that comes with getting myself out of this situation and the challenge of doing them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Rain delay n our game... we are standing in he concourse, hot and damp and grumpy. Grrrrr.....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:31 pm

Got ready for the open house, then we got the lights and kitchen faucet to install next. Had lunch at the park and are relaxing now. Enjoying the clean house.No one came to the open house. It is really slow now the realtor said. I am weepy and emotional this week. Made indoor pretend bbq hamb. Yummy. Then walked the dog.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Dropped dh at airport, picked up a cook chicken and had dinner with dgs.

He was so excited to see the chicken, then the corn! He couldn't stop talking about the corn and insisting that he have some for supper. He ended up eating 2 full ears.

After supper I played with him for over an hour while his mom unpacked and got laundry on. We played tidy the playroom. His idea, not mine. I had very carefully left the mess in there all the time we were using the house during the power outage. I didn't want to clean up in case dd took it as a back-handed insult about her housekeeping.

He started with put away animals. Fast! His parents assured me that the game was I put things away while he said faster, faster! but I shifted it and handed him the animals to put away. Halfway through he said Penguin was missing. Which it was because it had come on the trip and wasn't unpacked. But still his parents were amazed he could look at the pile of animals and note one wasn't there. The orange ball was missing too but I found it behind me.

Then we did blocks and cars and finally the play kitchen. Then books. He brought them all in to me (they were in the other room.) And once everything was tidied up he asked to colour. Then we played his toy piano. He never made anything messy again.

This tidy up game is something I started with him a while ago and as long as he asks for it, we'll do it! Poor mommy, when he plays with her, he immediately dumps everything out again.

I got home at a reasonable hour, texted with dh before he left on the next plane and then phoned my senior friend to chat with her. Ds wrote me when he woke up and we discussed the duplex he wants to buy (shudder!!!) We've agreed to do a walk-by first.

If I rush, I can get to bed for 11.

Good night all!

Return to “Post When You Can”