Sweet Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sweet Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:27 am

It's a sweet day for me 'cause I'll be with family.

Where's the sweetness in your day?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Sweet Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:34 am

have a wonderful sweet saturday sweet Twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 am

dd younger is off to work and it is 41 degrees. Next week the sailing stops but it is cold bc of the humidity but it is beautifully sunny!!!
she is in a winter coat, wool socks, sailing boots, hat and gloves - so funny. I hope she brought extra cloths because they have to put away the boats from the water and her dry suit doesn't fit her right now. Everything closes in a week.

the sweetness. my hope is to do a put away. I took the day for errands yesterday and sat and sat and sat the whole night and didn't do my evening routine... I was so lazy!!! but it was a good lazy, if you know what I mean. Today I have to start what I didn't do last night but I needed it.

cheerful day to you all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:47 am

Today dd and dh and I are going to K-town for the birthday party for my oldest cousin who is 80 today. He's only 11 years younger than my mother, who was the youngest child of her generation. My dmom's declining health has brought me closer to these cousins - they never lived here and they were much older so I never knew them.

So I need to be leaving here in two hours with my car cleaned out. I am heading to the temple, where I will pick up dh and dd, who are going to services this a.m. for a baby naming that I'm skipping. I need to get through a.m. routine and I'll need to stop to gas up my car also.

We had a night out last night - after services out to dinner with friends, then went over to new hotel with rooftop bar. In all honesty, I enjoyed the friends, but the restaurant was too loud. When did I get so old and fussy? I had trouble hearing and felt like I had nothing to say.

-breakfast/meds/vitamins
-walk the ddog
-s2s
-get photo for dcousin into frame and write down who is in photo
-start a lol to hang dry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am

Saturdays are always a bit sweet to me. I rarely have all the problems that I do during the week. It feels like I can take a deep breath and regroup a bit.

I need to work on the floors around here.

I worked on the checkbook which was all mixed up and that is straightened out. Don't know how I made so many mistakes except that I was upset a couple of the last days I did things in it. Gotta keep a clear head!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 am

what a special event to be at d twins. have a wonderful time. :D

have a wonderful regroup day d harmony!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 am

Today is sweet b/c my talk is behind me. :) It was last night, and I'd guess abut 80 - 90? women were there. It was decent, I'd say. Some people made positive comments, and several women told me how it caused them think about something in their lives. Now, I need to stop thinking about all the ways I could have made it better. . . It's done. I can now focus my time and energy on other things that need it!

So today, I'm going to go for a jog for the first time in about 1.5 weeks. The weather is perfect for it! Sunny and clear, not windy, and temps in the upper 40s. I didn't go at all this week because I needed all my non-payroll time and non-regularly scheduled meetings time to work on the talk. And I was sick earlier this week. Boy, I got hit hard by some cold Sunday - Monday -- and I don't get sick very often. I have still never taken a sick day at payroll. Monday was a bit rough with payroll, but I got through. My supervisor would have called someone in if I had been adamant about a sub, but she said personnel was tight right now, and I wanted to teach the class that I've developed. After that class, there was only 1 more class (2 hours) to the end of my day, so I just soldiered through.

Small group is tonight, but we're not hosting.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:49 am

Not so sweet here.

About 2 years ago, I got an oil change from a new Toyota dealership in town. I was having to pick up my sister from the train station and there's a station in this area of town so I had her getting off there and I went early for an oil change. This dealership doesn't have fast oil & lube so I had an appointment.

They were late taking the car and if my sister had not been late arriving, I would have had to leave her at the station. How does an oil change take almost an hour longer than expected? When I went to put her suitcase in the back, I found a piece of paneling in the back. They had changed a lightbulb and failed to put all the bits and pieces back. Thankfully, I was still in that area of town.

I vowed never to return.

They put me on their phone list. Over the two years, I've requested to be removed at least a dozen times, including this week. They called again this morning. I've lost it before but this time I told her she had a choice, did they want a cease and desist letter from my lawyer or a social media campaign against them? Pause. She said she'd make sure I was removed. I said that wasn't good enough, put me through to the manager. Got the sales manager. There records show I bought a car from them. As if that would happen. I've demanded a letter, on paper, in the mail, from the general manager assuring me I will never be contacted by them again. That took 30 minutes but I've spent over an hour dealing with phone calls from these creeps for the past 2 years so it is time well spent if it works. If it doesn't work, the social media campaign will begin. I assured them I am a bi&c& and will make their lives miserable.

The sales manager is asking I consider them if I ever want to buy a car from them again. As if that would happen. If you can't handle an oil change, your car dealership is worthless. I drove over an hour to buy my last car and I will do so again. That dealership sends me a letter once a year. My regular dealership for service contacts me 4x per year, that's reasonable.

So, not a sweet start to the day.

I'm up, though. Reasonable sleep, still too short but once dh is gone I can keep the drapes pulled and then the room will stay dark, longer. Despite the eye mask, I wake up when light gets into the room.

I'm working on my bullet journal for next year. My journals run Nov - October. I find my 190 page book is enough for one year with about 10 pages left over. Close but not too close for comfort.

Next up, breakfast and s2s. I got distracted by the bullet journal and had to pull myself away from that because setting up a new one is about a 4 hour job so I'm trying to do babysteps.

Dh leaves around 4. Dd arrives at 4:30 and I'll meet them at their place (dsil's work pays the taxi from the train) bringing food for dinner and I'll play with dgs while they unpack. That will be my sweet time today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am

Hubby got up 1st today that was sweet. We are in open house prep mode. While it is happening we will be at home improvement store pick
Ing put light fixtures for kitchen and dining rooms. And a new kitchen faucet with a sprayer that is not broken. :mrgreen: H. Will put these items on his list for Oct. As flylday calls it "pretending to move" is working for me today!

The best thing we ever did was to get rid of land line so peaceful w-out tells- marketers calling. Not so many on my cell #bc I do not give it out much. I need to get a move on with the last few tasks on the list. We have great weather here now. Some rain will come later this evening.

The party on the st. Behind us quieted down by ten so had good sleep.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:06 pm

I am so happy for you d helia... well done on your talk!!! I am thrilled you are taking time for you by jogging! good for you! glad you are feeling better

d kathryn I am sorry you became so upset. Remember it is frustrating but don't let it ruin your whole day. It isn't worth being that much on top of your own anger level - not for them but for you. Be good to you and walk and breath in and put it into perspective. It's just a car dealership. You deserve to have a nice day. You don't have to use them or respond... if they call, block the call on your cell or don't answer the house phone (for your blood pressure) ...breath in. (())).

hi d nancy so happy you got up first today! I love that - pretending to move! I have to do that today as I am feeling very lazy! Enjoy your weather!

I am hitting a very tired part of the day. I need desperately to get things done!
finish what I started. I need to grab my timer.

Return to “Post When You Can”