Monday, the Month's Fresh Start

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday, the Month's Fresh Start

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 am

It's the beginning of a brand new week and a brand new month! Happy October!

It won't be spotless and dreamy :| You are sure to see idonwannas on your calendar already. Gotta have 'em. Sigh.

But it can have so many lovely spaces for your hopes and dreams, too.

Can you start now scheduling time for chores/prep/routines :idea: , so you can free up more time for your hopes?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday, the Month's Fresh Start

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am

Yep! A brand new week, a brand new month and only three of them (months that is) left this year. :shock: How did that happen?!

And this little tidbit from our SHE calendar for today:
We started our own village in 2007
Now, how is THAT possible? It's been a great ride!

I'm getting myself going fairly early this morning. It's dreary and rainy out there. For some reason I was too warm all night and kept the bedroom door closed so the heat from our electric heater wasn't coming in. It's still only 55 out.

Pulled out a t-shirt this morning that I forgot I bought near the end of the hockey season in Orlando. They had shirts on special for the Kelly Cup Playoffs for $10 and I bought each of us one and they've sat in the drawer all summer.

First thing though is go put up the J&C page for October.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:08 am

I awake!

Slept fairly well. Woke up at 3 hours and went pee then after 7 hours and put on a podcast to go back to sleep, then at 8 hours I began the wake-up process. Was out of bed in 30 minutes (some days it takes 90 but that's when I'm woken up too early, at the moment, I have control over that.) The room was mostly dark since the blinds were drawn so I had to turn on a light when I decided it was time to get up. In the summer, the room is fully light around 4 so that makes sleeping that extra bit much more difficult.

I've emptied the dishwasher, added another section to the new bullet journal and have read my email.

I shut down my computer last night so I'm in the process of signing into everything again this morning. Two-step authorization is a pain but I hope will make me more secure. So much is linked to my google account, I feel I can't leave it exposed.

Our banks are moving to two-step authorization but there's no 'print off code' option which means if I don't have my phone, I can't get into my account. I need to talk to them about that. Not having my phone happens when I'm outside Canada and I'm often outside Canada for more than a month so need access to my accounts.

When I forgot my phone on our trip, I was in a panic that my computer would crash and then I'd be locked out of everything. In theory, when I travel I have the backup codes printed off with me but they are kept in my passport case and I was traveling in Canada so didn't have my passport!

Today I need to get the tire repaired and work on paperwork. And getting moving again. I didn't even have 2K steps yesterday.

Then there's the matter of the kitchen floor..... suffice to say, it is gross and my top housework priority.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 am

A SHE Anniversary! This feels like a day of Thanks Giving to Kathryn & Ken and all those who work to keep this SHE village operating so well. Thank you!!

Our home has had a miserable 72 hours. Both kids sick on Friday. DS10 to the doctor and taking prescription meds for ear ache & sore throat. Then Saturday DS10 started with a headache & violent intestinal bug that DGD7 had. This bug insist that the body completely empties everything in both directions and makes sure it stays empty for 24 hours before it will settle down. Saturday night I came down with the dreaded bug. For the next 12 hours, I held a trash can in my arms. Sleep was impossible. After 24 hours the intentional bug goes away and the body is back to normal.

DD came and got DGD7 about 7pm last night. I was sooo ready for a break. Caring for two children 24/7 is a challenge. Doing it when your 62 years old is even harder. Caring for two children 24/7 in your 60's with the stomach bug takes it to a whole new level.

I am most definitely ready for a FRESH START today! We will return to our normal schedule today.
** Homeschool 5h grade day #50 will happen.
** DH support while he does church stuff.
** 133 SHE cards due. Obviously, this is going to take me several days to catch up. But I want to make a good showing today. My goal for today is to do about 80 of them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:43 am

Happy October!!! and thank you for a wonderful Anniversary all the work on it! thank you thank you!

Hello d Harriet - thank you for starting us! I love your posts.
Hello d lady, hello d dee, hello d Kathryn, hello d everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:34 am

This feels like a day of Thanks Giving to Kathryn & Ken and all those who work to keep this SHE village operating so well. Thank you!!
Ditto, ditto, ditto! You're so right. Hoping your tummy bug is long gone by today. Did dh not get it -yet? Hopefully, if not, he won't. Don't know how you do it!

I'm just trying to move it, move it, move it! "Every little movement has a meaning all its own". Trying to make that my mantra.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 am

I have an 11:30 to get the tire fixed so need to be out of the apartment in just over an hour.

Still have to s2s.

Discovered I forgot my vitamins yesterday. I wonder if that contributed to my afternoon in bed? My joints are bad enough now, that I've added the glucosamine/chondroitin back into my nighttime routine. On the plus side: it is nice to know that the handfuls of stuff I'm taking make a difference in my life!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 am

I hope those meds help you with your joints d kathryn!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am

trying hard to not get sucked into plans on the computer. We leave thursday and I can easily get caught in a rabbit hole.

what I have to do first even if I don't want to.

:D = done
MORNING ROUTINE - bc I didn't really do my full morning routine for 4 days it took me one hour ;) but it is done! :D

Meds dogs :D
meds me :D
clean sink, clean counters, :D
vacuum kitchen, dust kitchen floor, swipe with norwex wet mop :D 8 minutes total kitchen
put away from kitchen :D
swipe powder room 7 -1/2 minutes :D including swiping floor and wiping mirror , swipe 2 other bathrooms - dh :shock: :roll: 15 minutes (I haven't swished and swiped for 4 days), hall bathroom 10 minutes :D I ask dh over and over again to do it daily bc he is ... what he is re the sink and the bathroom but he doesn't - he says he will but i asked him again over the weekend. He thinks its a gross job but leaves it for me. Just do it...
garbage down from upstairs :D
water plants :D
bring down dirty laundry :D
throw a load of laundry on :D whites,
make bed :D
vacuum first floor and dust (bc of dogs) :D
pick up animal anything outside and cats :D
inside
simple clutter check - did one little area ;)

other routines: :arrow:
1" of paperwork
figure out dinner routine
after dinner routine
brush dogs and cats/animal routine

today is supposed to be home blessing day
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am, edited 7 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 am

I gotta get moving...dd is coming in a little more than an hour for us to go "antiquing" for a bit. At 4 p.m. I have the online chat, and other than that I'm open today.

Big rocks:
-spend time with dd
-Pro Gen discussion
-work on KDP for portfolio

Dh has bowling tonight so I have a lot of time today to work on genealogy.

-s2s
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-start another lol and hang up first load

Kathryn reminded me that I have a tire that should be looked at. It's just a little low but I'm wondering if I picked up a nail or something in it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”