Monday, the Month's Fresh Start

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Monday, the Month's Fresh Start

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 am

Two-step authorization

A necessary pain. This is the biggest hassle when sitting up a new computer IMHO. It used to be moving all the files. Now, all my files are in the cloud but getting access to them requires the two-step authorization. I use fingerprint to sign in to the computer now so logging in is quicker than it used to be.

A DFriend texted to ask if I knew the status of supplies needed at church. Oops. I forgot to order them. So I stopped working on my stuff this morning and ordered some things for the church. 1000 CD's, 1000 labels, 1000 envelopes, 50 Bibles are now on their way here. I also got notified that 25 monogrammed Baptismal towels are ready to be picked up this morning. DH will take the offering to the CPA and then go pick the towels up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

Waving to everyone, wow 2 pages already! Way to go! I have sheets ready to do in the dryer, qt and journaling done. S2s happened.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:05 am

Stopped working on my SHE cards again to load up stuff for donation. I recently set-up a musical area in the fun room and a sewing area in our bedroom nook which resulted in having a couch with no place to be. So DH and I loaded up that couch, a rolling office chair, 3 large chalkboards, a large box of toddler books, a small piano, plus a pile of misc other things. His pickup front & back was stuffed full. I have been decluttering one item a day and this pickup load of stuff was the result of that effort. I still have much more decluttering to do but it is nice to see progress being made.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:10 am

so happy you will have time for yourself tonight d twins. have a good day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:12 am

I know you have a lot of cards each day - how do you do that - I would love to see what your cards are.. wonderful job d lady!

well done on your de cluttering!!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:20 am

Good morning! It canNOT be October already! I have too much to do pre-party!!! I have 3 or 4 more invitations to send out, these have to go by text. Also need to call a credit card company and the car rental company.

Last night, after DD16 left, I had to fill a tire, made progress on a sewing project, and practiced dance. I must have needed sleep this weekend as I got 11 hours of it Saturday. I am back on a more normal schedule now.

This morning, I decided to lock the new cats in the MBR, so the others could have free roam of the house. At payroll, the daily loads failed on development and have been set to rerun tonight. My head is considering whether it would like to form a migraine. May have to take meds later. Don't want to because they make me sleepy. I am already hungry and it is only 9:15.

So impressed with LadyMaverick's decluttering! A whole pickup load! WOW!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:57 am

hi d elizabeth! take meds now before that sneaky migraine attacks - hope that migraine stays away.

yay d lady on your dejunking and donation. pretty cool about your fingerprint sign in

have fun antiquing d twins!

hello d nancy! how nice for your sleep tonight to have clean sheets

hello d everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

really gross but found blood in the dining room and family room - mice are starting to move in from the woods and the cats get them. gross but It's the mice or us. :|

next yogurt :D and then paper work routine
animal routine

home blessing (that I hope I will do) it's only supposed to take an hour but I shall see. using my timer

our bedroom - surface dust, surface vacuum, swipe smudges on mirrors :D
hall upstairs vacuum and swiffer dust :D
did a clutter check in bedroom and upstairs hall :D
stairs surface dust and swipe with mop
dining room :D , family room :D , dining room :D , front hall: surface dust, dust doors, quick mop the wood floor (walking areas)
surface dust 3 season room :D , surface vacuum 3 season room then surface dust floor , surface quick rinse floor, :D not great at all
weekly laundry room :arrow:

evening routine: add first floor vacuum (I don't want to but the dogs are being dogs with their fall shedding).
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Cathy, I enjoyed hearing about the knitting/stitching groups you belong to and the ones you could if you had time. That's a lot.

LadyM, so sorry your household's been unwell.

Because I'm wrestling with my sleep timing, I was up at 5. I'd obediently gone to bed at a smart time but I mistakenly drank too much of my daily water late in the day. After realizing I was going to have to get up, I tried NOT to think about anything that would keep me awake, but it didn't work. Oh well, I managed to let family sleep by quietly drafting a quilt pattern I decided on last evening.

I'm sitting here drinking my 2nd pint of water now in my plan to sleep better tonight.

Sad about not getting to CUOP as completely lately.

Another downer - HRH mistakenly scheduled an appt tomorrow morning right overtop of my study group's time, and had it wrong on his own calendar for a while, so we missed the over-scheduling. He and dr had said to each other last time that I would come this time. Sigh. I don't want to let anyone down. He tried to reschedule but this dr is always booked up. The only thing to do is to try going early to mitigate the situation and have HRH drop me off immediately, catch a ride home with someone. I'll make my apologies in advance to my co-teacher. It's her time to teach but we never miss each other's lessons.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:04 pm

sorry you have an over schedule! that happens so easily! I hope tomorrow goes smoother than you expect d harriet.
a new quilt pattern sounds lovely. I hope tonight that you have a great night sleep tonight.
you will get to cu op - today and tomorrow you may be able to but it will happen.
have a good day.

I have a horrible feeling of the I don't

Return to “Post When You Can”