Keep it Going on Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Keep it Going on Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Lunch break. This morning has gone smoothly. Not perfectly, but calm and focused. DS10 reached 95% score on knowing his multiplication facts. He is walking on Cloud Nine as he is getting closer to achieving this long worked on goal.

LucyLee - CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm excited for your family as your DDIL begins nursing school.

Kathryn - Yes! The package received was the Beethoven Symphony information. DS10 is so excited about it and has already read it multiple times.

This afternoon evening activities are finishing up homeschool assignments, piano lessons for DS10 and DGD7, plus Tai Chi & walking with friends for me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:09 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHYS!
I hope you both have a great day.

I was up half the night. I never do well going to bed too early. I can only sleep 5-6 hours before I wake up. By the time I finally got back to sleep it was early morning and I slept till mid morning.

Taking things slow. I did get my desk cleared off and some dailies done. Made some soup for lunch.

Lucylee, congratulations to your DDiL. I hope she is successful in her courses and this helps their family in the future. She is lucky to have you for her built-in babysitter!

I need a nap!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:05 pm

((((Harmony)))) Did I understand this right? Did you drive yourself to the dentist & pharmacy? I can't imagine how you did the wisdom teeth extraction by yourself. When I had my wisdom teeth removed it was a big deal. I was given gas and knocked completely out. I have a vague memory of being supported on both sides to get me into the vehicle afterward but most of the experience is a blur. I do remember when I woke up that my clothes were off!! I had my clothes on when they put me to sleep. I also remember getting a dry socket a few days afterward. I wish I could wipe that horrible experience from my memory. ((((Hugs)))) Please take it easy. IMHO this is surgery and a trauma to the body.

We are finishing up homeschool assignments. DS10 goes to the piano lesson in 20 minutes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:10 pm

I have been to the store and back. Got some iris bulbs planted the most went into buckets so they can be moved if when we sell the house. H. Is home now getting the mover ready to go for next time. We have wind in the forecast tonight. Rain showers are slacking off and I see blue sky over head.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 pm

I had a productive genealogy round - I need to divert myself and do other things. I really should do the other things first like Elizabeth says. I hope I can remember where I was when I get started again.

I haven't done desk day except to ck my bank balance.

I made a phone call I needed and now I'll head out to see dmom, drop a letter at the post office, and pick up dog food at the vet's office.

----------------------

Oops didn't post edit before I went out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I just went out to check the mailbox (no mail today). It is a little gusty and dark clouds overhead; I now am hearing thunder, so trying to post quickly.

Happy Birthday Cathy! Hope you are enjoying your day.

Your birthday wishes have given me much happiness. I love having you all as my dFriends. Thank you!

(((Lady M & dfamily))). (((Dee))). (((Harmony))). I hope you all will feel much better soon.

Congratulations to Lucy's ddil. This is a wonderful opportunity for her. Also, congratulations to Lady M's dSon10!

Thunder is way closer now. I see almost all of Penna. is having thunderstorm and tornado warnings also. I will check in later....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:43 pm

I need to keep going....

-water inside plants
-refill meds containers
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper: File, scan to Evernote, recycle or shred box.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:46 pm

I need to do door knobs and declutter paper tray. Door knobs done, still need to put away papers I am keeping. Dinner is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Documenting this as the first day I had to turn on the furnace this season. The thermostat in my office got down to 55F and I gave in.

Kathryn ~ Can you recommend a brand of SAD light? I might need one. Someone at work yesterday said they heard it is supposed to rain every week this month and the farmers don't know when they'll be able to harvest their wheat. That's a lot of gloom & doom!

Finally got a return call from the roofer. He promised that they will be here next week, weather permitting. Of course, "weather permitting" is the tricky part since the weather forecast is for rain every day for the next 8 days. DH and I are prepared for the job to cost twice the original estimate because we have had so much extra rain this summer, and the more time goes on the more damage is happening. But what else can we do?

Posting in AC&N about my 2-day sewing camp.

Sounds like the washer has finished and I need to flip loads. BBL.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Happy Birthday Sunny and Cathy
Best wishes for a great year for you both.

Monday was a public holiday, so no yoga. Helper did come - early, but she did ring early, and I did have time to get prep mostly done before she arrived. Same person as last time, which was a plus.

Tuesday - First thing after tmeds I did some wall pushups (a strengthing habit I want to return to) and some reading and writing. (I'm wanting that back as a helpful habit as well. I've done a mix up of my source books to respond to, adding some, not needing to use everything daily.)
I went to yoga at a nearby township. I bought milk and bananas on the way to the bus stop so I didn't need to return to the shops. Milk was 35c cheaper so there!!! Bin day. Picked up sticks/branches as an easy offering to the green bin.

Wednesday - Tmeds, wall pushups, readings and response are done
It seems the earlier cloud was fog being burnt off.
It would be good to push some washing through today.

Hugs and prayers for all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”