Wondering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wondering Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Wondering when I will warm up so I can now and work on cleaning the shop and the chickens run. And how crockpot meal will turn out.

Windows inside upstairs are done.
Did am stuff and breakfast.
Vacuumed it done traffic areas again was needed.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

I stopped back by the house, still need to get gas, groceries and pick up CPAP supplies. I had forgotten grocery list and i was feeling ravenous too so I had lunch. Ulta did not have the blush I use so I need to order it online.

Heading back out.

I think that the mentor in the Pro Gen group is interjecting some of her own opinions with regard to citations. I'm trying to decide whether to back to her a second time with questions.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Sitting with heat on my knee. Hate to get in the recliner -nigh on to impossible to put the foot rest back down. Besides I need to 'move it, move it, move it, MOVE IT!!!'
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Guess I do have an errand now - DD's inter-library loan came through. Thanks also to blessedw2 for reminding me I have checkbook balancing to do tonight. I am trying to organize my grand master changelist at payroll. There are some items that need to be combined due to being inter-related, and a few that need to be removed as OBE. Will I ever finish the changelist or will it be my job security until I am 120 years old?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Made it to dd's late because I dropped the jar of blueberry jam I was bringing with me. I hate tile floors. Plus I had to clean all that up before I could get the turkey out of the fridge. A neighbour came across me in the elevator and gave me a hug while I cried. It is so hard to do things and then to have my time wasted (both making the jam and all the cleanup of the glass and jam) is too frustrating.

Turkey is in the oven now and I went to the bank to ask for copies of my cancelled rent checks from Jan - Mar 2017. The government wants proof I pay that much in rent (naturally so.) The banks retrieval system has a known issue. This will take a long time while someone has to dig through records looking for the images. The money came out of my account but they can only provide images of cheques going into my account, not coming out. Sigh.

I'm lying down for a nap now. Dgs took almost 45 minutes to go down for his nap because he was devastated that I was leaving while he was going for nap. We promised I'd be here for dinner but that wasn't enough.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Posting from my phone while waiting for DS10 in band class. I decided to sit in vehicle with the windows down. I'm parked under a shade tree so I decided it is too pretty of weather to sit indoor waiting room.

This morning homeschool went like clockwork. I'm thankful for days like that

Our local library is adding a weekly STEM class for Homeschoolers. I have added that to the calendar on Thursday afternoons. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment so DS10 might have to miss that class. I'll talk to DH and see if he is free to take DS10.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm

No fair, piling calamity on top of Kathryn's already traumatic day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 pm

((((Kathryn)))) ((((Dee))))

Elizabeth - I agree with you up to a point. Sometimes life happens and it just stinks. However, I do not want to raise a whiny, ungrateful child. I understand that life is full of hard experiences. We all experience those days and we learn acceptable and better ways to respond. Give up? cry? Blame someone? Throw a temper tantrum? All those responses are normal responses a child has. However, having a pity-party or bad attitude doesn't make the bad experiences/days go by faster or easier. Learning some ways to get through those hard times does help.

When DS10 is having a bad attitude he literally can not do his school assignments. He just sits there, stares and pouts. When DS10 has a good attitude he is pleasant & eagerly gets his work done so he can have time to do fun things. It is not an option, he is going to do that school work. So when the bad attitude shows up, he can choose ways to adjust his attitude or I will.

DS10 went with DH to church. DSIL just pick DGD7 up. I am all alone. Ahhhh....quiet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 pm

I had a very productive day. Got the 5 loads of dirt out of the hens run, then after lunch I mowed. H came home before I was done and he assembled the next lite we will be putting up. I watered, put some grass seed down in bare spots. Watered the areas I put the dirt from the hens run. Walked the dog around the block. I scattered some holly hock seeds for summer color having plenty of seeds thought it might help the bees like am. Crock pot meal was a hit and easy. I made deviled eggs as well. Last load of Laundry is in the washer now. I have one load folded and ready to go upstairs now. I love this mild fall weather !

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Home.

Soup stock is started in the crock pot. Excess meat (over 1/2 a turkey) is in the freezer in packages, some is in the fridge for my dinners over the next 2 nights.

Funeral is next Wednesday. Need to arrange my flights but it is $800 to go and I'm now debating driving it. Two 8.5 hour days each way. Not wise but I feel like I need to get away. Except I'll need an oil change first and don't know how I'd work that in. But I could start on Monday and be there for Tuesday afternoon and then head home on Thursday and be home on Friday.

That sounds crazy.

Ds was his normal cute self except I made him cry twice. Once because I left 10 minutes after arriving and once because I bumped his high chair unexpectedly.

His Nona called and it was hilarious because she asked what he had for dinner and he said biscuits. "What else" <big smile but no answer> So she asked again and he said biscuits. Ds ran into the room to explain that all he ate for dinner were my biscuits.

He loved having two (two-bite) cupcakes after presents. Such a smile on his face. They are vegan and no frosting but he still was happy. He loved my cinnamon swirl we had at snack time (made from excess biscuit dough.)

Ds and I are out tomorrow house shopping but my favourite is off the list now. It sold.

Ds was offered another casual position at the hospital today so he's pleased about that. That makes 3 casual and one part-time.

Edited to add: Dfs reports they are at the hospital now. She's being induced because she has gestational diabetes so they don't want her to go long.

Return to “Post When You Can”