Wondering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wondering Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Air fare booked. Hotel was tricky (much more than flights) but when I'm staying by myself, I want a nice hotel. I'm considering a 'boutique' hotel which actually used to be a motel years ago. Otherwise, I have a reservation at a chain hotel in a big box shopping area. The boutique hotel is across the street from a nice walking path around a lake. My sister wants to stay downtown but that hotel is more money, and doesn't include breakfast or parking. Since I'm staying longer than her, that adds over $200 to my trip. But the big deal is breakfast. The hotel has recently rebranded but used to charge $20+ for the breakfast buffet which isn't worth it in my mind.

I'll try and book a car quickly and then head to bed.

Edited: $42 a day for a car seems good. To get from the airport to the city is $70.

OK, now I can go to bed.

Planning a trip was not on my to-do list when I woke up this morning.

lucylee

Re: Wondering Wednesday

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 pm

I'm wondering why I haven't had a chance to post and visit with you ladies all day! :shock:

(((Kathryn))) I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin.
Happy birthday to dgs! I'm glad you said that about him talking more than ds did at 4 -- you know that makes me feel better about dgd. She's v e r y slowly making some effort at a few more words. I think it's coming... we've just got to give her time.

(((Dee))) -- I hope your knee feels better soon! And sending lots of good wishes to Mr. Dee for Monday!

Oh, Twins... that ass't principal sounds a little over the top there... my goodness. I don't blame you for signing petition & sharing.

You've got a lot going on, blessed! Don't forget to BREATHE! :D

LadyM, sometimes when I have to pick up dgs at school, I actually enjoy sitting in the car with the windows down. I can see why some of those women line up an hour early and just sit there and read! BUT -- it will be more pleasant when fall finally does arrive around here.

Waving -- hello, hello, Nancy... Elizabeth... and EVERYONE!!!

I honestly haven't been nearly as productive with my time today as I was yesterday.
If you're wondering what I have been doing ;) :lol:
* s2s first thing
* read a magazine and worked a Sudoku puzzle
* answered an email
* helped dh (only slightly) with some trimming of shrubs -- my contribution was VERY minimal
* opened box from T arget... discovered wrong shampoo/body wash...
* checked email-order... discovered yes, it WAS my mistake... :oops: ... printed return slip
* cooked supper
* s/s kitchen
* went to church
* dh and I went to Target and returned the shampoo/body wash
* -- and treated ourselves to ice cream

So you see... not much. Where DOES the time go???

I'm wondering
how ddil's schedule will work out starting in January...
and how that will affect the rest of us...
and what bowl game our college team will go to (DH said early predictions are out and 5 of the 12 said ORLANDO... :0 (That is supposed to be a Mickey Mouse head, LOL!) It is waaaay waaaay too early to even think about bowl games and our team is playing waaaay too dangerously to hope for anything.... I mean, we're winning, but it is never easy OR pretty. So I"m not getting my hopes up -- and really, financially and for dgd's sake, it would be better a year from now... but still...
and I'm wondering
when will dgd start talking well enough to carry on a conversation with her...
and when will she be potty-trained...
and what dmom is going to do about her other foot... (She went to the doctor without me this morning; I will call her tomorrow and see what he said -- but IF she does anything at all, I think she will wait until next year & give herself time to see how this first one heals completely.)
and I'm wondering
if dmom called The Man to cut the tree that the neighbor to my late dgm's house complains about all the time...
and WHY dmom complains about $$$ all the time when I have seen her financial statements...
AND I'm wondering
if this tooth that has become very sensitive is really going to break and if I should go ahead and call the dentist ASAP... or give it a little more time?
:lol: There. That about covers it. :lol: I know y'all have missed my novels. ;) :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”