Wondering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wondering Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am

What are you wondering about today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wondering Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 am

I'm wondering where time went. Today is dd's birthing day anniversary for dgs. He is turning 2. Talks more than ds did at 4! On the other hand, we don't have walking down yet, he still holds on to things as he walks if he can. Dd said she was embarrassed while they were out the other day when he was walking in a store and used a stranger's leg for support while wandering past them!

It is also birthing day for real for dfs & wife. So I'm wondering how that is going.

Finally, I'm wondering if I'll be heading to NS this weekend. Not for dfs but for my cousin. On facebook this morning I came across a ton of post to my cousin's son, K. Apparently K died from mental illness. One of our cousins is visiting down there now, so I've alerted her and I've emailed my sister who is closer with our cousin than I am (age thing, I'm almost the baby of the family, the absolute baby was born in BC and I'm not sure she's ever been to NS.)

I'm very shaken by this but not totally surprised. He was a first responder. He was also really close with dUnc so his passing might have meant the loss of an anchor. I'm just glad dUnc died first so he didn't have to experience this loss.

On top of all that, I overslept again. Night before last, I had woken up 3x in the night (just up once) but had only taken 5 mg of melatonin. So I took 10 mg last night (the recommended dose by the doctor) and slept right through the night from 10:45 to 7:45.

I have 3 hours now to make up stuffing and prep a turkey to go in the oven and to make biscuits. As well as s2s, eat, wrap presents, pack up the other food I said I'd bring plus do any housework I feel called to do. Then I head to dd's to get the turkey in the oven.

But at the moment, all I can do is think about my cousin.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 am

(((((Kathryn))))) Always so hard to deal with. Blessings to you.

I'm 'wondering' what in the world is going on with my left knee. It's bothered me from time to time but never to the degree it is now. It was a little bit sore last evening. Sat in the recliner to watch one hour of TV. When I got up I barely could walk. Couldn't bend my knee at all. Used dh's cane to get around (mine's in the car). Put a pillow underneath when I went to bed. Was up a couple of times and fished out the heating pad and used that while I made sure I stayed awake. Finally was able to bed it some in bed. But I there's positions I simply cannot master today. Have rehab this afternoon but doubting heavily if I'll be able to go. It's 'better' but sure not ready for any marathons. It really catches me up short quite often when I go to move. Walking very stiff legged. Have a brace on my knee and the wrap around support just below the knee hoping that one or the other OR both will help. All I could imagine during the night was a trip to ER. We just can't do that right now. Enough going on with dh!

Speaking of dh, he got his time for surgery (stents) Monday. We have to be at the hospital at 6am. His procedure is scheduled for 6:45. And for the first time ever he should be coming home a few hours later. He thinks his last stents were 10 years ago. Hard to imagine -he has 10 so far.

Going to work on meds and breakfast now. One step (literally) at a time today! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:42 am

Oh, Kathryn, I'm so very sorry. So tragic. I understand why you would be shaken.

I'm doing errand day today and have li&t going, which I made last night. (Imagine that!)

I shared a petition on Facebook this morning. Normally don't do things like that but this is the Asst principal in our area who did a video saying that "Girls ruin everything" and that they were the cause of the dress code and that women were to blame back to Adam and Eve. I don't like to be so "out there" but felt I needed to. It makes me furious.

I need to get moving, as usual here in the morning.

"Big rocks" for the day:
-Errands
-KDP work, continuing from yesterday

Now:
-breakfast/meds/vitamins
-s2s
-walk the dog
-finish a.m. routine

and out the door.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 am

I decided not to s2s when dd got here and I spent a lot of time listening to her go off about her job.

I need to make the bed, and figure out whether to start a lol and and head out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am

Dee: my left knee is also sympathising with your left knee! I really need to get back to the trainer. I've been off almost a month now.

Biscuits are made (and dishes washed up) and I'm dressed. My apartment doesn't have hot water yet. It takes days after an outage. It is at least warm water and sometimes if I run it for a very long time it will get hot. It is a long way from my boiler to my tap!

Still have the dressing and turkey prep to do but was taking a short break. Mainly to get off my knee.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

Good morning everyone! I am wondering how I can possibly get everything done in time for the party. I have decided to concentrate this week on the LR. To get it ready, I need to clear away some sewing projects that are taking up space. I have started on the cat bed repairs because after that is done, they can be completely removed from my house. Actual cleaning and scrubbing (only bathrooms, stove, microwave, and mop floors) will be done the week before.

Last night DD16 did her studying and I did various chores including bills and budget. After dropping her off, I had to fill my tire again and found a nail in it. I am hoping it can be repaired because I cannot afford new tires right now. I looked at my calendar and realized I have a holiday Monday, so that will be a good day to work on the house. I will also do some fun stuff so I don't waste a day off in chores.

Tonight, I do not have DD and do not have errands to run. I should do some dance practice and LR work/sewing.

I am so sorry for Kathryn's and family's loss.

LadyMaverick: Don't expect DS to change his attitude, just his actions. It is not possible to order up feelings to suit others. Imagine being told that, not only do you have to clean a filthy public restroom, you must enjoy it and smile.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am

hello dear ones.

good morning d elizabeth

d kathryn I am so sorry! my thoughts are with the family.

d dee sending healing to that knee - feel better!

good morning d twins

and good morning or good evening d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:22 am

I was supposed to go to French class this morning but again I found myself stressing out about tomorrows trip. I called and told them I won't be in this week.
I had cleaned the entire house monday and it doesn't look like it at all today. The animals shedding won't last long I know but boy oh boy! I feel like a herd of cattle came through. 8-) ;)

I didn't sleep until after 3:30 am - I really tried but nothing. not sure why
I got up at 9:00 am

breaking things down.

for trip I need to put my cloths in a hanging bag. and finish with my small bag.
since we rented a house I want to bring some food so we don't have to eat breakfast out. (not overthink or over goal)
I have cash aside.

things that need doing:
balance check book
check charge cards (pay one) - not being aware is unhealthy for me. I still have to pay off the flights and hotel.
file as it is wednesday
laundry - 1 load left to wash
3 loads left to put away
clean car - really bad - get gas, bring maps, look ahead and plot out driving.
contact air bnb again .
put out meds and food for animals for dd older - d mom will let them out twice during the day.
put away what I bought yesterday - found the cutest purse that dd younger and I will share - not dd olders type of thing.
I can't find the wedding card and I need to draw/paint a special card for aunt - I tried finding her birth announcement from that year in the local paper but her and her parents name were not to be found.
dinner?

goal as Diane in Denmark says: get off your bahooky
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Your making a turkey, Kathryn, made me think to go to the SHE dates and see what I had for Canadian Thanksgiving -it's correct now (this coming Monday). I know it's always on Monday, thus changing every year.

I've been shopping for an ACCURATE pedometer. I've finally ordered one that I hope will count every step. Realize the one I'm using is probably several hundred off every day. Supposedly this new one will count once you take only 4 steps and it's supposed to start at 5. So, we'll see. If it doesn't -it's going back. I'm trying to get a good number of steps in just walking around our RV. Making separate trips for every little thing. Don't think my knee is up to the equipment today so will try gentle exercises this way.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”