Saturday catch up

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday catch up

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 am

Is Saturday a day to catch on from the week's business or a day for you to catch up with self care and family? Either way, we'll be catching up together.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Saturday catch up

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

Right now it's very dark and very rainy. Dh and friend had been going to go winterize one of the campers at 8. Well, that's not happening -at least not right now. Feel bad for the other guy who will be crawling under RV's today.

Dh now has two appointments the morning we plan to leave for FL (October 30th). One is for his PT at 9am and the 2nd with his shoulder surgeon at 9:20. Haven't figured out how he's doing that. Except they are both in the same building. We plan to get there early for PT and he can probably start whenever he gets there. Going to be a rough morning for me. Plus dh also has to winterize before we leave. Praying for good weather. But as I think of it, I almost think he said he can do the winterizing the day before. We'll just use water in jugs to flush with and I'll have water for the coffee maker already drawn. Then he'll simply dump whatever is in the tank and put in antifreeze.

DD will be here to pack up their RV in 2 1/2 weeks. Then they'll be heading south on Saturday, Oct 27th. Dsonil can hardly wait to leave. Getting too cold for him and all the rain he just hates. Sadly he's not the most ambitious guy on the planet. Know he's turned down overtime several times. Dh mentioned the other night that he has a hard time with that. Especially since DD works so hard to keep them afloat. Oh well, not our dance. Funny because DS-R mentioned the same thing last night.

Time to get my feet dressed and get busy. Hard for me to get really busy when dh is here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 am

I have a social Saturday I'm afraid. I'm going to services this a.m. for a bar mitzvah; I was planning to leave as soon as it's over but I think dh is going also so that probably won't work. Tonight we are going to a birthday dinner - I think this guy is 87 years old and still going strong. Tomorrow dh and I are busy and "on the road" the entire day. Oy. I'll need Monday to catch up and get over all the people!

I gotta get moving to get to services at 10:30.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:22 am

I guess I'm both catching up and prepping for the week to come.

I think I'll try and buy new shoes today. We'll see how I feel because that involves driving a fair distance. Tarps are also on sale and we need one for the balcony so I'm racking my brain trying to think of a shoe store near the tarp store. I think I'll give up on that since the tarp store can be on the way to the highway. I need to double check the shoe store is still there. There's one where I was knocked down but I'm not ready to go back to that place yet.

I was in bed 9 hours again (that seems to be the new norm, but no nap in the daytime), with a solid 6 hours, up to pee, and then dozing in and out for an hour and back to sleep until I wake naturally. I'm either going to have to go to bed at 9 tonight or give up on some sleep because I'll need to be up at 6 and out the door at 8 tomorrow.

Some things I've forgotten to mention in my posts this week:

1. On Wednesday, dd took dgs off to go potty after I'd snuggled him awake from his nap and I went to make myself a cup of tea. When I walked into the kitchen I started to cry because I thought of my cousin losing his son. Dsil stopped his cooking, came over to me and asked me if I wanted a hug and held me while I sobbed. I was touched (I had done the same for him when his grandmother died.)

2. I am singing to myself again. I can listen to music in a store but at home it still is too much, muddling my head so I can't function, especially if words are involved in whatever I'm trying to do (reading, talking to someone). But I can sing while I work. And lyrics aren't eluding me as often now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 am

I have a social Saturday I'm afraid (me too, Twins').

The Pres of our church's WM has her 80th bday party today, shocking almost everyone who hasn't known her long-term. She acts, looks and thinks 20 years younger, so there have been many surprises to church folks who THOUGHT they knew all about her, trying to wrap their minds around an 8 and a zero, wondering if they are being teased. She is (and I have said this out loud a lot) probably the most credible person in our church.

Her family is huge because she is the youngest of 9 children. Just getting her nieces and nephews generation into the fellowship hall would have it brimming, but they are grandmas and grandpas if not greatgs, only the tips of the icebergs of family. I'm hoping I can remember some names.

I've called ds to let him know his prime hours for visiting here are out. He'll still come over to get some equipment, but no one here to take the children.

Kathryn, I'm so glad you and dsonil have a good relationship.

I posted in H and F about thyroid appt. and my own dr's opinions on treating

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:15 am

Man I'm so glad I don't have a social Saturday!

I did an assessment around here to see what needed done. Laundry is not full enough for loads. Everything is picked up, dailies are done. I did work at my desk a bit and reconciled one bank account.

Then I finished the filing I'd started a week ago and I made a rather long explanation note to put in another file in case there's questions about something if we should not be here someday.

So what to do...I guess update all my spreadsheets. I have all my folders back here ready to go.

Been thinking about what RRose told us about her upcoming tests. Just had me shuddering to imagine. I've had acid reflux so long (30 years?) and try to manage it, but yesterday for a short bit I had troubles even swallowing. Really I'm scared to death to have the tests she has had... but I know it's not good to ignore.... so she's been on my mind a lot recently.

Harriet, how wonderful to have such a large family!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:22 am

Dfs just sent me a link to join Mitene which is a photo sharing app. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble because I don't have FB messenger on my phone and tablet (and refuse to) so can't simply download the app and join Iris's album. I hated to add another step for him but he set me up using browser view so that means I don't have to have any new apps on my tablet (which is very low on space, less than a gig left, due to the size of the few apps I have, specifically my study Bible plus The Economist magazine.)

I've become very comfortable with group features on FB since that's where all of dgs' life is displayed. Only those invited into the group (approved by either dd, dsil, me or Nona) can see anything. It is not searchable at all, you have to be invited in.

I also have set up a group for the apartment complex but in that case it is searchable and anyone can see the group discussions and posts but only those who are members can comment. I control the membership.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:41 am

Now that I think about it, I guess today is 'social' for me too. Dh and friend have gone to winterize the first camper of the day. Finally quit pouring. We all have a fire department raffle at a Hall from 12-4. We'll probably go over (nearby town) shortly after they finish this camper. Going to have lunch there and stay for a couple of raffles and come home.

DS-R and family stopped by last night. Finally set up a date to go to dinner at an Italian restaurant in Spencerport for next Thursday night. We go a $60 gift card for our anniversary and want to use it before we go south. DS says this restaurant is pretty pricey so not sure how far that will go.

Do see lots of geese flying over today. 'Tis the season!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:49 am

I know some of you have Windows 10. You may want to avoid an update right now:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/10/05/wind ... user-data/

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:16 pm

I am up have done s2s, journaling done. Next i s working on dining room lite install. I need to fold a few things in the dryer. It is raining. A drive to the mountains is not happening today it is raining.

Return to “Post When You Can”