Saturday catch up

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday catch up

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Harriet: what does dd20 think of Banksy's latest performance art?

I'm packing. Slowly.

I'm usually scattered and anxious 24 hours before flying. The concussion didn't knock that out of me. Sigh... I'm sure I'm not worse than usual but it feels awful and my head as well as my stomach is fluttering. Usually it is only my stomach.

My computer backpack is now more than 6" thick with the computer in it. Whoops. So the pile of things on the couch that I was taking if I have room are not coming with me....

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi everyone! I will be taking my car back to the body shop. Is it because they did a bad job? NOOOOOO. In fact, they did such a fine job, they can do the work on TODAY'S accident. Yes, it's minor, no one was hurt, and the two involved cars are drivable. But AGAIN!?!?! It happened in the parking lot of the tire shop, where they were able to repair (for free) the bad tire. At least that went right.

I enjoyed my dance class Friday and will continue it. They have a performance tonight, but I would not even try to learn a choreography in 24 hours, so obviously, I am not in it.

DD16 is here reading. I was ravenous and wanted to eat out, but she wanted to eat in. Not too much effort to persuade me, given that my bank balance agrees with her. I did purchase cat litter and food, but this week has to be cheap otherwise. I scheduled some bills for EFT, but AFTER next payday! I wish I could get ahead.

Tomorrow, will be church. DD will do homework and probably not finish in time for youth group. She likes YG, but has trouble getting to it due to schoolwork. She goes to church without complaint, so I don't fight about Sunday school and YG. Her best friend at YG has aged out. Although she was not there yesterday, normally this friend is in the Friday dance class.

It's starting to get cold and I am not happy about that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm

(((Elizabeth))) That seems unfair. Glad it wasn't serious.

I will be leaving my pillow at home. Sigh... There's just no way it will fit, it was either that or a medicine kit.

I'm still not sure about bringing my tablet. I use it every night but I think I can have my phone work in its place.

My computer is non negotiable.

I'm heading to be now, 90 minutes late which means a short night for me. Still 7.5 hours but that's not the point, lately I need 9.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Well... so much for THAT. Bet I know someone who will NOT be spending New Year's at Disney World. Sigh.
I just hope dh is able to GO to the last regular season game (you know, the one with the Other Team in our state) since he does have this record he doesn’t want to break — this year will make 62 consecutive for him — AND because we have spent (in dmom’s words) a king’s ransom for him and ds to go. That is going to be another depressing day, even if he does have good knees.

Oh well... win some, lose some...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”