Soaring Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Soaring Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:24 am

I hope you soar at whatever you do today!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Soaring Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 am

I made it to from my street to the airport lounge in 22 minutes. It is a 22 minute drive so that tells you how much the driver was speeding!

On the other hand, I'm slowly relaxing. The noise cancelling headphones are really helping so my anxiety and jitters is not my normal anxiety and jitters. Plus I didn't sleep very well at all last night. So today will be a challenge. Once I get to the airport I don't have to do anything except go out for dinner which is an easy walk. I forgot my transit tickets so will buy another $20 worth. It isn't as if we don't get to Halifax regularly.

Shutting down now and then going to the bathroom before boarding. I've had a lot of tea this morning so this is required!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 am

Hope your 'soaring' is smooth and uneventful, Kathryn. I could join you in the not sleeping club. :shock: And I'm sure tonight will be no better. We have to be out the door headed for the hospital by 5am tomorrow. Also fighting a migraine now -sure it's all part of the sleep deprivation thing. Part of me can hardly wait to get to FL. Know the up and down weather here is really doing a number on my arthritis. Walking with that blasted limp again today.

Going to church and then a quick trip to A ldi's. From there home and then back to church for a funeral.

Poured like crazy during the night. One clap of thunder lifted me right off the bed. We sat around a campfire with DS-R, DDIL and 2 other friends until well after 9 last night. Then I think my brain was just too stimulated. Slept from about 10:30 -12 and then that was all she wrote. Wish I had a room I could go to and just do some work or crochet or something.

Better get a move on. 10:20 will be here before I know it!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Up journaling and planning done.
Had a low in the nite dealt with that.
S2s next up. x
Game day.
Worked on inktober pages inked some sketches.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi everyone!!

Went to Costco this morning. Not bad considering tomorrow is a holiday. We needed paper towels, peanut butter and garlic. We also stopped for soda at a local pharmacy. I'm going to visit a friend in the hospital today.

We did the family Thanksgiving last night. Just the 4 of us. Lots of left overs. I did 2 separate dishes of scalloped potatoes. 3 1/2 potatoes in each container and half the cream. No boil overs, which was great. Dh is watching football and sleeping. Thank goodness. I wanted him to just take one day of his holidays and relax.

So... leftovers for supper!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Landed safely in Halifax.

Am settled now in the hotel. Asked nicely for an upgrade and got it. So I can see the ferry. I'd be able to see dfs' ship as well except it is in drydock for a complete refit (over a year long, perfect timing for the new baby!)

I have unpacked but need to walk over for some lunch. It occurred to me, even before Cathy mentioned it, the stores will be closed tomorrow so I much get groceries today.

I don't want to text dfs that I'm ready to see the baby until I'm done my lunch.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Soooo sleepy here.
I think I will soar right into the recliner!
I got about 5 hours sleep last night, and it was restless b/c of crazy, crazy dreams -- house was flooding from bathtubs overflowing and water spraying out of toilets while full of people from all walks of life, including the plumber, a former pastor's wife, my deceased grandmother, my aunts who brought antiques to share with me, and an acquaintance from community who brought me a Christmas tree I had won. I was exhausted when I woke up.
Went to church -- but dh did not -- still nursing knee pain.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian SHE's! Glad you landed safely, Kathryn!

Hope your headache goes away quickly, and that things go well tomorrow, Dee.

Waving to ALL!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:14 pm

My sleeping has soared into strange territory this past week. I averaged over 9 hours a night! That is totally unheard of for me. I am comfortable sleeping for 5 hours a night but make myself sleep more. My goal used to be 6 hours and now I'm working on sleeping 7 hours a night. Sleeping 9+ hours a night gives me feedback just how bad I have felt. The stomach bug has really done a number on the occupants of our home this past week.

Today was a normal Sunday with the except of me not teaching Children Church. I made the decision to stop teaching it for a variety of reasons. Mostly due to me inviting DGS21 to attend church with me and then I leave him sitting there by himself. Lately, when I go to teach Children Church, then he leaves. Also when I am taking care of other peoples children then I can't take care of my own. ANYway, I finally decided teaching Children Church isn't where I am supposed to be. I didn't think of it until this very moment.....but I was called out of church service today to help with the baptism. If I had been teaching Children Church, then I wouldn't have been available to help with that need. DGS21 stayed by my side and we teamed up to accomplish that. It was a good experience for DGS21.

I am feeling comforted to know the SHE cards will get me back on track. I have been so overwhelmed this past week that I've dropped the ball of almost everything that isn't a priority.

Taking a look at the upcoming week - 2 medical appointments for DH, 1 medical appt for DMIL (will take her), 2 medical appt for DMom, DGD7 will be with us while DSIL finally has his long-awaited surgery with hopes what was deemed impossible will go smoothly, DS10 has 5 events, plus the regular homeschool & church stuff. I need to be "ON" every day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:47 pm

I am just almost too tired to even read. We were up early this morning to drive dd to ATL airport - left home just before 6 a.m. After getting her there, we had breakfast at a deli, walked through IKEA and went to a nearby outlet mall. Then, finally back home at 5 p.m. Last night drama with dd - she hit a curb and her tire went flat, and she didn't have a spare. So we advised her to call AAA and have her car towed to the local Goodyear place that we trust, and leave it there locked. She rode in the tow truck to Goodyear, which was closed already, and ds picked her up there and got her home. Dh was furious but I consider it a lesson for her. I'll go see about the car in the a.m. when they open - we have a key here.

DD was flying to Toronto and then to Amsterdam for a trip, by herself, and dh has been on pins and needles with his anxiety.

We were at the dinner party until 9:30ish last night so that left us getting home at 10 p.m. for a 5:15 alarm. And I will join the club - I did not sleep well either. Sometimes I don't when I have an early alarm set.

Dh has gone out to eat with ds. I told them I wasn't leaving the house again today. The dog is already walked and I might put on pajamas soon. I did all the driving today.

I think I'm too tired to even think of tomorrow right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”