Soaring Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Soaring Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

I just returned from an evening walk. The sun was shining when I left home but It quickly changed and started to rain. I had to cut my walk short. Too bad fat doesn't melt in the rain.

Working on SHE cards. I have hope.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 pm

helia's post from yesterday about running in the rain was what I thought of while reading LadyM's post above.

I don't have anything to tell. Looking forward to the rest of the week and staying home.

Just did my evening kitchen dailies.

Maybe now some sewing to feel as though I've done something for me.

The young man will bring dd home from a dinner party later this evening, and I'm sure he'll want to come in and chat, so up to a point I will spif the front rooms. That point may not be very sharp.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 pm

I drove over to the store to pick up some lunch and dinner for myself plus snack foods, and then came back to eat and put things in the fridge.

I had chicken fingers for my lunch around 3 this time zone and then rested for a while. I texted dfs first to say I was ready to come whenever they thought they could manage a visit. I haven't heard a thing. This is still the first 24 hours at home with the baby so I understand and will only push things if we get to Thursday. I don't even want to hold the baby, just see it. I should pick up a gift for them, though. Or at least a card. The drug store across the street should be open tomorrow.

There's a noisy HVAC system on top of the pool building below me. In the olden days, the pool was outside, so this was not a consideration for these rooms with a view. Because of my sensitivity to noise, I may have to ask for a lessor room on the other side of the building. That will have traffic noise, so you'd think the steady drone of the HVAC (it never turns off) would be better but it was irritating me.

I have the fan for the room system on now. Replacing one droning noise with another.

I'm still pretty awake but realize that's because I'm in a different time zone.

Dd called and we skyped. Dfs was bored so he showed off for me for a while.

I've been watching Nashville episodes. And I ate my dinner (just a salad with egg and cheese.) I have some fruit to eat as well. My throat is catching, I suspect I may have reactivated my cold while on the plane. The lady in front of me wasn't feeling well, I could hear it in her voice.

It is 10:30 so I feel I should try to go to bed even though I'm not tired. I've flossed so I guess I'll save the fruit for the morning.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Dinner is over. Feeling rested after the game we did not win but it was a goo d one. They play in England next. I did dinner dishes. I put away most of my books. Did a pups. Folded and put away laundry. I have a or of jeans to do did off.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I did take a long nap, but dh woke me up to ask about supper -- so I went to Subway for that.
Also filled up the car, which was showing "low fuel."
Since getting back home and eating, I have gone back to town and
bought groceries,
made a stop at Burger King for dgrands (ddil called me while I was in Wmart to make that request),
dropped chicken fries off for dgrands,
unloaded the car and put away all the groceries by myself, (where is the gold star emoji?) Having dh "crippled" is no fun. * whew *
and
I did my allergy shots.
I also straightened out all the wmart bags in the drawer for the church ladies.
STILL TO DO:
I need to
take the garbage to the road and
wash a few dishes that are in the sink from lunch.
And water the (few) (pitiful looking) houseplants.

(((Twins))) and (((dd))) AAA is well-worth the money, IMHO! They've gotten us out of some tight situations before. I guess OnStar would work the same way, but we keep our AAA membership current too. Hope your dd has a great trip, btw! (I can understand Mr. Twins' anxiety though; I'd be a nervous wreck too! -- But good for her, having the courage and independence to do trips like this on her own! I know you're proud of her, along with any anxiety you feel!)

I got a gift card for a baby gift tonight, Kathryn. That was what I gave dcousins, and what ddil and I are giving a mutual friend whose shower is this weekend. I also got both the new moms the Ruth Graham (daughter of Billy Graham) book that I love so much -- A Legacy of Love: Things I Learned from My Mother. No one else may appreciate that book at all, but I just love it, and I have felt led to share it with the young women in my life. I give it for graduations, weddings, and new mothers.

DDIL loved Nashville. Y'all are probably surprised to hear that I have only watched one episode. :shock: I just couldn't get into it for some reason. I guess too many other things I was already recording on the dvr and never having time to watch! I am sad to see Big Bang Theory ending this season, and y'all are the reason I started watching it! I think Harriet first mentioned it and got me interested a few years back.
I love Young Sheldon and the new (since last year) doctor show about the autistic doctor * name escapes me right now * along with Blue Bloods, CSI, and CSI New Orleans, AND Dateline. And of course, there are several country and bluegrass shows we watch on RFD-TV.

Nancy, dh is very nervously watching the Braves tonight. We've lost two playoff games to Los Angeles already, so it's not looking good, but I think we have a lead right now. It's been a frustrating weekend for sports around here; that's for sure!

OH -- y'all -- listen to what kind of droning noise I'm dealing with: my bathtub faucet is POURING water. (I may have mentioned this earlier re: my crazy dream.) We cannot get the man out here until Wed. at least, so it's just going to run run run... and the bill will continue to go up up up... This started as a VERY slow drip a LONG LLOONNGG L O N G time ago... and we put it off b/c the man is going to have to cut a hole in the sheetrock to get to it, which will be exposed in dh's bathroom, and it's going to be a mess, and no way to REALLY fix it perfectly to allow access to the tub fixtures and keep the appearance "perfect." I told dh we could hang a full length mirror (which I already have) there and he said, "I really don't want to look at myself every time I sit on the toilet." I was ROFLOL... but I agree 100%!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I always wanted a waterfall somewhere... maybe one of those water walls like Japanese restaurants have... or an indoor fountain...
This was NOT what I had in mind. Be careful what you ask for. ;)

up to a point I will spif the front rooms. That point may not be very sharp.

That made me smile, Harriet.

I never sleep well if I know I have to get up early. I am in awe of people who can get by on 5 or 6 hours sleep, LadyM. I think I really need about 9 hours at least. If I sleep till I wake up naturally, I will usually sleep that long. And we are such nightowls that it is REALLY hard for me to make myself go to sleep early in the evening if I do have an early wake-up time.
I can nap quite well in the afternoon, but I sorta get a second wind sometimes about the time normal people would say it's time to go to bed. I'm really trying to just "go with it." I reasoned that it has been my natural rhythm to do housework in the evenings, after all the years of teaching school, so why should I force myself to think I have to have everything done before 3:00 pm NOW?
:idea: I'm trying to pay attention to when my "best" times are overall, at least in a casual way. I'm not logging anything down or anything. I just noticed that last week, I did very well on Monday and Tuesday, and got most of the laundry and WHB done. I'm striving to add Wednesday to that routine and make Wed. "zone" day. MAYBE if I can add a productive day each week, (or every few weeks?) eventually I'll have a good routine in place.

Braves lead 6-5 in the bottom of the 9th... no outs... two runners on base... dh is edgy... "Can't throw a strike," he says... "Can't throw a strike..."

EDITING TO SAY:
Braves win!
At least one thing has gone dh's way this weekend! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”