Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Magical Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:25 pm

It just finished raining again. I'm meeting a friend at the walking track in 30 minutes. Hopefully, we can get a good walk in before it starts raining again.

The principal came and talked to me while I was waiting for DGD7 to get out of school today. ***Sigh*** DGD7 made another visit to the principal's office today because of "fighting with words" with her cousin. I guess this is progress since they are verbal instead of physical? **Double Sigh*** I told DGD7 to not talk to her cousin at all. There are 9 cousins in the lower elementary hallway....only 2 of them are acting up. I know I am biased but this isn't DGD7 fault. The principal agrees that DGD7 is reacting and is not the instigator. Regardless, DGD7 has to learn how to deal with PITA type people...especially if they are family!!

I am the LAST person that anyone should take fashion advice. I just noticed three 20'ish year olds nieces that like to wear the latest fashion took a picture together this weekend. They were all wearing pants that reminded me of the 1960/70's bell bottoms pants. There were many remarks from their friends discussing the style of pants. I put something like "skinny jeans 2018" in google and article after article show the skinny pants are out. That is the entire extent of my style knowledge. lol
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm

I did hbh except mopping. Walked the dog in the field this afternoon. H is home with dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:25 pm

(Dee) get a good rest now.
Thanks, Harmony. I so need a good night's rest. I feel so sleep deprived.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi everyone. Today is not going as planned, I am feeling crummy with a cold, alternating between ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I was freezing Saturday and turned over from swamp cooler to heater. Now I wonder if I really had a fever instead. It needed to be done before the party anyway. I ate lunch with the xBFF, who is still and chronically mismanaging her money. Not my circus if she decides to get non-essentials (time and outdoor temperature gauge) fixed on her car. She is visiting a mutual friend who is dying. Nothing I can do there either, but I did warn her that he might be heavily medicated and not always coherent. After that I went costume part shopping, but became too exhausted to finish. I forgot to get gasoline, so I have to do that before tomorrow.

LOL is running, food for tomorrow is cooking. Thank goodness I don't have to go to a baby shower next weekend! The baby is on its way, slightly earlier than expected, but not premature.

I really need to do some party prep. Some brainless work to rest my clogged up head.

I really hope Mr. DeeClutter gets some relief soon, in whatever form it comes.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks, Elizabeth. Think he was almost disappointed they didn't put in stents today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Note to self - walking with someone 30 years younger than yourself will either get you into shape or make you think you're about to die. Or both.

I am going to put my feet up and take the rest of the day off. I have completed 82 cards today and am about halfway to having all my plates spinning again. I am pleased with my progress made today.

I've discussed tomorrow calendar events with DH and we have a plan.
10:20a DH dentist appt for filling
2:30p DS10 - Piano Lesson
3:45p DS10 4H meeting
4:30p 5&6th basketball game
5p DGD7- Piano Lesson
6p Me - Tai Chi
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:12 pm

I should never have said anything about getting a “second wind” late in the day. It sure hasn’t appeared today!
Maybe it’s not late enough?

I was wiped out after the dgrands had been here just a couple hours! Soooo much running and squealing.... chase and scream. (I was NOT chasing OR screaming! Just watching exhausts me!)

I’ll have to do laundry tonight though — tomorrow’s not good and hopefully the plumber will be here Wed.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:34 pm

hello.

(((d mr. dee)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”