Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Magical Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 am

It sounds as though several of us could use some magic today! Kathryn may be picking up a cold again, Lucylee has been solo in running errands and taking care of all, I feel like I completely lost a day somewhere this weekend, and Harriet's point is not very sharp, LOL. And Mr. Dee Clutter is again in surgery today.

As long as I'm arranging for magic, I'll set up the virtual waiting room for us, too. Ice water and juices, hot coffee, a nice selection of fresh fruit and small pastries. And some magazines for the waiting? We'll be here for you, Dee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Magical Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:47 am

I need a couple things to restock, store to run list made out. I need to do some on the floors this morning. So glad I picked up last nite before bed. Kitchen looks good. Planning and journaling done. Have a good day. Holiday here so wondering if one store will be open or not. Laundry is going. Trash is dumped in prep for trash day Tues. Sniffed up master bedroom. Yea for progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 am

Oh blessed day that I can be home in this blessed quiet! I'm thankful that the market is open today and dh is at work! No TV, nowhere I have to go!

Although, I've already been out to the tire store where dd's car was left on Saturday. And guess what... She does have a spare tire! I suspect she never realized because it's under a covering that one has to pull up and she never did that. And better news is that her tire will be covered under warranty since it was only a year or so old. (For those who missed, on Sat night she hit a curb and busted the tire. Then insisted that she had no spare. We had her call AAA to tow her, and her dbro picked her up at the tire store where the car was towed.) So there's some good news for whenever she gets back. And another lesson for her about spare tires. ;)

I've also already walked ddog, who got all excited when I got clothes on, LOL.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am

Hello on this holiday Monday. We weren't sure if county office would be open so called and at least for the inspectors it is business as usual.

Yesterday church was lovely for a change. We went to the beach in the afternoon but I didn't get in the water (2nd week in a row I didn't get in) because it isn't just pristine...but acceptible. DH got in both times. I just walked around looking for shark's teeth. It was funny to look up and down the beach..everybody had their heads down doing the same thing. This week the birds were back (no birds last week) so that was good - however, they are probably going to go hide as this storm comes past.

The hurricane is supposed to be out to our West as it goes up the gulf but I am watching closely because they so often are off in the path predictions. It's a little worrisome...it's going right near where DGSon's GF is attending college and the other side of it is going over him. Then it's heading up over central Atlanta where DD lives.. so somebody I know is going to have sloppy weather. Lucylee, are you going to get anything?

I am meeting friend for lunch, then stopping to get Rx. I'm done with dailies and desk chores and a few phone calls. There is a lot going on so I'm glad to get out of here for a couple hours. Hang up towels/suits done in the washer next and put another load in.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am

I have no get-up-and-go today. I probably had sufficient sleep last night - was probably asleep at 9 p.m. or thereabouts, and up 7:45ish?

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day of Thanks!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:49 am

Starting very late! We came home yesterday - my it was a long drive on the way there - we got caught in so much traffic that we missed the wedding which I was sure we would get to. what normally would take us 6 hours at most took us 9 hours. I could have made the end of the wedding but dh needed to rest because it was too much for him. But we did go to the special birthday party of d aunt - so lovely. She looks the same but just a bit unsteady. just lovely! dd younger had a lovely time with the extended cousins - lovely people- so welcoming!

hi d twins thank you that you are sharing magic with us! what a great way to start the day!!! sending you a lovely quiet day!
hi d nancy can you make my kitchen look good too? :D :D :D have a great day
hi d harmony I am so glad you had a lovely time at church and at the beach
have fun with your d friend
happy thanksgiving d Cathy!!!

happy day to everyone.

I am so tempted to empty the car but I need to do my morning routine (we are moving slow) 8-) I mean s l o w!
happy late morning - 10:49 right now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Connected with dfs and will likely see the baby tomorrow. Today is too stressful for them. Told them if I go the whole trip without seeing her, it will be fine. Her existence made the trip a little more bearable, but I didn't have to see her since she isn't why I'm here.

I slept OK, better than expected considering the fan noise. The drone of it ended up working as white noise so I listened to a podcast to get to sleep, using earbuds and then they dulled the noise enough that I slept pretty well. Was up 2x in the night but for a strange bed, cold and my bladder, that's pretty good.

I walked to the ferry and went for a ride. There are two cruise ships in port, it is a statuary holiday, it is sunny and almost 60 and all the ice cream shops and most of the other shops on the waterfront were closed despite a decent number of people wandering around.

I'm on the way to the airport now to get my sister. I'll have lunch at the donut shop at the entrance to the campus and wait there for her plane to arrive. It is currently 20 minutes behind schedule.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:27 pm

I had a great start to my day which I have a new appreciation for after being sick. Homeschool Day #54 is complete with only one small problem that was quickly remedied. I'm working on getting all the balls back into the air. 63 SHE cards completed so far today.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Happy Columbus Day!

Columbus Day used to mean I didn't go to work (federal holiday). Now it is just another day and I don't do anything different.

I'm always behind the style changes. I just learned Skinny Jeans are out. ~~~waving Good-bye to the cut of pants for the past decade~~~

I have the IP loaded with ribs. I'm cooking them ahead for other future meals. I'm serving Pinto Beans and cornbread for dinner today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”